Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:42:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How bad are ICOs this year?  (Read 3170 times)
marydale (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Equitybase

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:10:11 AM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

equitybase (https://equitybase.co): Crypto Real Estate Exchange
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:40:12 AM

Maybe one of these.
As my friend said, maybe IUNGO. according to him IUNGO became the worst ICO he ever attended. Because it gives too much bonus on its ICO sale.
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:45:38 AM

Really bad I have already participated and invested in some of this, nametoken and some other bounty coins that I already forgot so better check the roadmap and the team behind there are gold mine in Ico but there also pitfalls so be warned.

zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:46:10 AM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
Thanks for you advice and I will be more careful in my investment.

SGToken

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:49:58 AM

Now the small altcoins are dumped dramatically, especially those new coins with weak community support.  Things may turn around in a few months when altcoins go hype and people realize the highest profit still comes from ICO. But no matter the short term price, invest only on those you researched and support.
ethergod

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:52:36 AM

People got too comfortable during the last bull run, thinking the market was easy money. We must not forget to do solid research and pick teams with the best technology or ideas that can lead to the best technology. Simply throwing money into a cryptocurrency without research is gambling.
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 12:53:00 AM

Maybe one of these.
As my friend said, maybe IUNGO. according to him IUNGO became the worst ICO he ever attended. Because it gives too much bonus on its ICO sale.
Maybe you are right.
Will see

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
katixrecamara

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:00:09 AM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Thanks a lot for giving us the heads up, although news have been around for long that most ICOs are scam but we don't really have the number as to what percentage are nearly drowned. So now we know that at most, there are around 76% of the time.
That explains why most of my investments did not return the expected gains, even though I've read and studied their whitepaper.
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:00:59 AM

In the second quarter and third quarter of 2017 there are a lot of developers or startup companies are aggressively doing ICO to raise funds from the public for the successful development of their projects. Funds that can be collected are also not half-hearted, can reach millions of US Dollars in one ICO. But what is the result, after ICO is finished there are some ico that his tokens at all no price.
kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:01:22 AM

this is the best time to buy more or invest in icos. Its the best way to get coins at cheap prices, there can also be bonuses when you invest in ICO. Its the best bang for the buck way to purchase a coin before it went into the market. I would say invest in Gilgamesh, is the next big thing. Great team and developers.
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:58:42 AM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Wrong, what do you expect for ICO that just only finished crowdfunding ? A 5x coin price from ICO?
ICO is a long term investment. Every project in ICO have roadmap, they will develop their project.
Once their product used by many peoples, their coin price will be increased. That is your time to collect the profit.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:25:36 AM

Watch out folks!  Grin

That number is worrisome but it's not really surprising there is a significant amount of icos that are not going to be successful and never get enough money in order to try to make the project a reality but when we add that the market has been going down since the beginning of the year then this makes matters even more complex, I'm sure that the number of successful icos was way higher last year due to the pump in the market.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:31:29 AM

ICO are doing badly since this year, it is because of the market condition, it is only few ICO that has managed to stay above their ICO prices, other ones are below ICO prices and people are afraid to invest in ICOs now

STIKS1911

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:36:29 AM

Judging by the current situation on the market, it seems to me now better to buy a coin after the ICO. When the coin goes to the exchange, many speculators start selling it and its price becomes much lower than the cost during the ICO. It is possible to buy a coin much cheaper.

Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:38:13 AM

I also feel very bad, because in the first quarter of 2018 of the ICO project all have no a good gains, instead most of the ICO project below the issue price, so there is not a good time for an investment of ICO.

yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:39:45 AM

I think the government regulation has caused many people to be suspicious of ico!

There are also some ico projects that are fraudulent, resulting in good ico not being invested!

sazon84

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:44:37 AM

Only for yesterday, I learned that the 3 projects I watched are scams.  And one of these projects was with a very good idea.  So every time you need to pay more and more attention to the selection of projects and be more careful.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
mc.craigsvictor

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:52:42 AM

Thanks for your information . only good promising ico will be survive otherwise fake and scam project never survive in present situation . before invest any ico we all need to check all ico parameter  .
ArabianStars

Activity: 55

KRIPTON

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:15:02 AM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Given that, I think it is safe to say that not all ICOs with very good management plans and dev team is not guarantee that the project will be successful.
Also many in this thread have noted the same with quite promising ICOs in whitepaper have turned out bad after project has concluded.
Thanks a lot for the advance information.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
rarg

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:19:25 AM

Maybe one of these.

LOL, IUNGO? really? Fortunate me I am not joined that ICO. At first sight, I knew it will become worst ICO.
They don't threat both bounty hunters and investors well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: