Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WeExchange]WARNING!The Fall of Ukyo II: Ukyo Digs a Hole?!WARNING![WeExchange]  (Read 34604 times)
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:06:09 PM

Please cancel my withdrawal request, ticket MMC-832559.

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dark_Angel

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:29:44 PM

I do not think, that posting ticket numbers will actually help anyhow.

I'm pretty sure, that problem should be solved for all users at once. Without any queues, backlogs and priorities.

Let's wait for that without shitting in the topic with ticket numbers.
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:11:53 PM

I do not think, that posting ticket numbers will actually help anyhow.

I'm pretty sure, that problem should be solved for all users at once. Without any queues, backlogs and priorities.

Let's wait for that without shitting in the topic with ticket numbers.

I hope it will be solved properly, i.e. all stuck withdrawals must be cancelled, not processed!

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:14:28 PM

Answer me this, guys!!!

How wrong is it that Ukyo screws over all USA investors... by making them sell below market... THEN shuts down BF, and suggests transfer assets to issuers (which will probably relist elsewhere, higher?)

I can't believe it.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:28:48 PM

Answer me this, guys!!!

How wrong is it that Ukyo screws over all USA investors... by making them sell below market... THEN shuts down BF, and suggests transfer assets to issuers (which will probably relist elsewhere, higher?)

I can't believe it.

UKYO is doing things as worse as possible , he does not reply PM . does not process withdraw , does not process his loan for redeem... His personality and trustworthiness is the only matter that I am concerning right now...as I had shit load of UKYO loans and shit load of BTCs in BF..as Right know UKYO is doing his best to screwed me up!!
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:47:13 PM

Answer me this, guys!!!

I can't believe it.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how he forced you to do this. Can you elaborate?
adara

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:09:49 PM

Ukyo,
Would you be so kind to post a daily update on how the processing of withdrawals out of Weexchange is going?
Are you processing any withdrawals and corresponding to what dates? An update will be appreciated.
You see, some of your users have compromises and purchases at other sites and are waiting for their money out.
There are some users reporting withdrawals done weeks ago and not yet processed.
These are in fact free loans you are taking without their consent.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:43:55 PM

Didnt think the withdraws arent working since so many days. Strange that in all this time no solution could be found. What about the devs of bitcoin-d?

On irc yesterday Ukyo explained the problem with bitcoind. Essentially, for some reason he can't get it to process anything, not even manually. He's busy trying to hack around it or find a solution. He thinks bitcoind just can't handle the data size. I haven't worked with bitcoind directly so can't really offer an opinion.

It's only once this solution is found that any of our problems can be fixed as he can't even do manual withdraws over the command line. So all of us asking for unlocks, manual transfers, etc aren't going to get anywhere until he sorts this out.

So it'll be fixed when it's fixed, which one would hope would be today 'everyday'.

I could be wrong of course but I think he's being totally genuine about this and is suffering badly as a result. So let's just give him a bit of room. He knows it's fucked up, that it shouldn't have got like this.

Then how about importing the wallet into a normal wallet? I once did many transactions manually too, it takes much time but at least it took the pressure from my shoulder. So the wallet thats not working has to have a importable private key. And with that the withdraws should be doable.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:45:19 PM

Finally have an update.

After trying and trying, and talking to sipa in #bitcoin-dev:

[13:34] <Ukyo> hey guys. I got an issues with bitcoind. a. wallet size causes it to take 5~10 miuntes to load. b. as soon as send is issued, it maxes cpu/ram until restarted, and takes about 10~20 minutes until it announces to the network
[13:34] <Ukyo> and then rpc times out after that
[13:34] <sipa> how many keys/transactions?
[13:34] <Ukyo> over ten thousand easily
[13:35] <sipa> there have been some improvements to that recently in head
[13:36] <Ukyo> so this is kind of a known issue for the size? i.e. bitcoind isnt really meant for the size and its something being worked on?
[13:37] <sipa> it wasn't designed for it, no

I wanted to say thanks real quick to Warren on irc who is a Litecoin dev who is helping me to straighten this out and make sure there is no problem in the future.

As it stands, I have started initiating manual withdraws. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes between each one as mentioned in the above irc quote so please bare with me
for a bit. We are going through tickets trying to get things caught up in proper order for fairness. If you get your withdraw, please post and let people know.

I will continue to work on this 24/7 excluding unintentional sleeps as I have been for the last week now. I hope to get all withdraws caught up very shortly.

Thank you for your patience and understand,
Ukyo
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 09:09:33 PM

Finally have an update.

[13:34] <Ukyo> hey guys. I got an issues with bitcoind. a. wallet size causes it to take 5~10 miuntes to load. b. as soon as send is issued, it maxes cpu/ram until restarted, and takes about 10~20 minutes until it announces to the network
[13:36] <Ukyo> so this is kind of a known issue for the size? i.e. bitcoind isnt really meant for the size and its something being worked on?

I wanted to say thanks real quick to Warren on irc who is a Litecoin dev who is helping me to straighten this out and make sure there is no problem in the future.

As it stands, I have started initiating manual withdraws. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes between each one as mentioned in the above irc quote so please bare with me
for a bit. We are going through tickets trying to get things caught up in proper order for fairness. If you get your withdraw, please post and let people know.

I will continue to work on this 24/7 excluding unintentional sleeps as I have been for the last week now. I hope to get all withdraws caught up very shortly.

Ukyo

I can add to this from a BTCT standpoint.  Our wallet.dat is over 550 MB, takes 10+ minutes to load, and as everyone probably noticed, also crashes periodically.  Prior to shutting down I was starting to look into key export/import just so we could "reset" our wallet down to a manageable size.  There's a reason bitcoind hasn't hit version 1.0 yet.

SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:11:08 PM

Finally have an update.

Ukyo

Finally , you are here ...dude !!!hope you sort out this problem asap ....~~~
tupack

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:30:37 PM

Is there a way to "reset" a wallet to a clean state and after N transcations? I understand the number of TXs is the problem that makes bitcoind fail?
MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:40:23 PM

Take your time Ukyo, I know it's a difficult time for you. I don't want you to burn out and make some serious mistakes.

Could you verify me if it won't take too much time? JMC-580163. Just click verified, all my documents are good.
LazerViking

Activity: 261
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:12:25 AM

So.  Has anyone had their withdrawal processed?  I'm going on day 19.  Did the transfer on 10-19 and made a support ticket on 10-23.  Ukyo,  When can I expect something to happen?  How long is "very shortly"?
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:09:17 AM

Answer me this, guys!!!

I can't believe it.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how he forced you to do this. Can you elaborate?

What were other options? Can you elaborate?

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:18:23 AM

Answer me this, guys!!!

I can't believe it.

Not Selling? Migrating to Direct Shares/BuyBacks pretty much anything else actually... Would be up to the securities not the exchange.
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:56:41 AM

Answer me this, guys!!!

I can't believe it.

Not Selling? Migrating to Direct Shares/BuyBacks pretty much anything else actually... Would be up to the securities not the exchange.

True, but my issuers never made that option available  Angry

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
paul3

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:33:59 AM

If you get your withdraw, please post and let people know.

Some good news, got my coins from:

2013-10-22 12:22:33   Withdraw
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:56:22 AM

Finally have an update.

Ukyo
Thanks for the Update and information on why things have been taking time Ukyo.
Hopefully you can divide up things on a couple of smaller wallets so you dont have to wait those redicules times between each transaction and will be up to date with all transactions in a few hours instead of days now then.

moribana

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:31:42 AM

Two questions.

1) Is it known how this problem is handled by the big companies that have much more traffic than WeEx (like the top exchanges)? There must be some standard way of dealing with this.

2) Doesn't it help if one periodically creates a new wallet and transfers the whole amount from the old wallet there?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: