Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:47:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WeExchange]WARNING!The Fall of Ukyo II: Ukyo Digs a Hole?!WARNING![WeExchange]  (Read 34607 times)
Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:40:57 PM

Sigh, I missed a part of this thread where Ukyo made some updates. Carry on. Can't wait for all this to be over, everyone's coins sent, Ukyo's name restored from "Fall of Ukyo" to something better.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lophie (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:06:25 AM

Sigh, I missed a part of this thread where Ukyo made some updates. Carry on. Can't wait for all this to be over, everyone's coins sent, Ukyo's name restored from "Fall of Ukyo" to something better.

Someone was betting that it would not be the case before the end of November. no one is betting against him so far.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
tupack

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:36:41 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2013, 09:30:04 AM by tupack

No one is posting that their transfers went through...
kaidy1979

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:17:58 AM

Logging system filled hard disks before the archive server could pull the data.

This has been fixed now.
i still cant log in

796 Exchange is a financial website for Bitcoin-related services covering futures, stocks, funds, margin trading. https://796.com/invite/do/105071
moribana

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:49:34 AM

Has anybody managed to withdraw anything from WeEx in the last 24 hours? (Either using the automatic withdrawal or processed manually by Ukyo.) Please post if you have any info!
Kosmatos

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:11:01 PM

My Oct. 28 withdrawal, which I check to see if it is unblocked twice or three times a day, has still not unblocked.

I don't see people posting either, but I would even accept data by Ukyo, actually. Something like Butterflylabs:  "We've unblocked withdrawals up to Oct. 26 so far." daily.
tupack

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:40:15 PM

^ That's a good idea.
Raman1983

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:38:55 PM

My history:

2013-10-23 15:21:57   Withdraw   10.00000000 BTC      Processing
falko0815

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:48:56 PM

I think it's time to think about a negative trust
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 04:49:24 PM

Another day gone... no chance to invest... whats the date the payouts are at? Its still before 28.10.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:13:23 PM

Another day gone... no chance to invest... whats the date the payouts are at? Its still before 28.10.

seems before 23.10, if Raman is right.

This thing is taking too much time, starts to look very very shady
Ukyo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:14:06 PM

We are now over halfway through Oct 23rd requests. The next couple days withdraws mostly consist of smaller transactions so I think those should go a bit quicker.

Please keep in mind, we have been getting 50 to 100 withdraw requests a day.
At 20 to 50 minutes per manual transfer it is taking a while. We also noticed that larger transactions such as 50btc end up taking about 30 minutes before seeing them advertised to the network, and around 100btc taking as much as a full hour.

The other day I attempted to just move all funds to a new wallet and waited for a bit over 3 hours and the transaction never completed to the network.
At that point I returned to manual transactions. In the mean time I am working on a new system for better load handling and a method try to import the current wallet data to it so that as soon as it is ready we will be able to speed through the remaining withdraws at that time.

At this point I can understand if you wish to open a scammer tag. This has been a very unfortunate event that really caught me off guard but I will work through
everything as fast as bitcoind will let me and continue to work on the quick/permanent fix. I will not fight it but will continue to work through things to fix them and make everything right by everyone. Though if you do open one, I ask that you update it when your withdraw does eventually show up.

Many many transactions go out every day. Many people become happy about their funds and don't bother to post here or do not even know to post here.
I again would like to remind those users who are reading this that if you get your withdraw, please post here so everyone else knows. While I understand your
privacy matters, I am sure people will also be happy to know the amounts too, esp. if you are one of the larger withdraws.

Please keep in mind that BitFunder had almost 10,000 user accounts. I am sure you could imagine the massive spike in withdraws over the last few weeks on WeExchange.

Thank you for your continued understanding and support.
-Ukyo
moribana

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:19:33 PM

seems before 23.10, if Raman is right.

This thing is taking too much time, starts to look very very shady

It would really help if Ukyo communicated at least once every other day. Something like, "I am presently not doing manual processing but working on getting the automated payouts back in order". At least then we would know that something is going on.

Edit: Thanks for the update, Ukyo. We were typing at the same time  Smiley
moribana

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:42:45 PM

We are now over halfway through Oct 23rd requests. The next couple days withdraws mostly consist of smaller transactions so I think those should go a bit quicker.

At 20 to 50 minutes per manual transfer it is taking a while. We also noticed that larger transactions such as 50btc end up taking about 30 minutes before seeing them advertised to the network, and around 100btc taking as much as a full hour.

The other day I attempted to just move all funds to a new wallet and waited for a bit over 3 hours and the transaction never completed to the network.
At that point I returned to manual transactions. In the mean time I am working on a new system for better load handling and a method try to import the current wallet data to it so that as soon as it is ready we will be able to speed through the remaining withdraws at that time.

Just another idea that might or might not work. You said that you can send 50-100 btc in about an hour and even small transactions take at least 20 minutes. If you cannot move the whole clogged wallet to a clean one, why don't you send just 50-100btc at a time to a clean wallet. Then you could quickly process many small transactions from there.
georgeu2000

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:04:53 PM

Got my with withdrawal this morning.

Ukyo - I think a daily status update would make a huge difference. People have to wait  due to technical problems and that is something they can accept. But without communication fear tends to set in and people assume the worst. That is much far worse than just waiting.

Perhaps posting "xx of yy completed for this date". At least people can see progress and don't check their account every few hours.
Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:14:29 PM

Just another idea that might or might not work. You said that you can send 50-100 btc in about an hour and even small transactions take at least 20 minutes. If you cannot move the whole clogged wallet to a clean one, why don't you send just 50-100btc at a time to a clean wallet. Then you could quickly process many small transactions from there.

I actually have been doing that to get more of the smaller ones done I am skipping around a large withdraw for about 30 minutes to be able to get 4 or 5 out during the same time of the bigger withdraw. It has also been hit or miss. From what I can tell, and note that I am not a bitcoind dev and have not looked at the source, that the issue seems to be bitcoind trying to located unspent inputs to put together to send out. Although this should be a fairly easy process and fast process as I have noticed most transactions do not have more than 5 to 10 inputs. All I can think of is that it has something to do with key management of such a large volume of keys.

-Ukyo

Thanks for the update George. I am trying to post daily at least.
Anyone else that get's a withdraw, please let people know.

Thank you,
Ukyo
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 07:44:27 PM

At this point I can understand if you wish to open a scammer tag. This has been a very unfortunate event that really caught me off guard but I will work through
everything as fast as bitcoind will let me and continue to work on the quick/permanent fix. I will not fight it but will continue to work through things to fix them and make everything right by everyone. Though if you do open one, I ask that you update it when your withdraw does eventually show up.

Many many transactions go out every day. Many people become happy about their funds and don't bother to post here or do not even know to post here.
I again would like to remind those users who are reading this that if you get your withdraw, please post here so everyone else knows. While I understand your
privacy matters, I am sure people will also be happy to know the amounts too, esp. if you are one of the larger withdraws.

Please keep in mind that BitFunder had almost 10,000 user accounts. I am sure you could imagine the massive spike in withdraws over the last few weeks on WeExchange.

Thank you for your continued understanding and support.
-Ukyo

If i understand you correctly it takes 20 to 50 minutes for one manual transfer. Even with ideal 24 hours transferring that would mean (20+50)/2= 35 minutes per transaction. 24 * 60 = 1440 / 35 = 41 withdraws per day. You say there are 50 to 100 withdraw requests per day. In average that would be 75 requests per day. That means you can manually transfer back the amount of more than half the requests of one day. That means in 3 days the withdraw requests of 24th octobre are done. In 5 days the one of 25th octobre. My withdraw request is from 28th octobre and with this speed the 28th would be done in around 11 days. So i would get my 158 bitcoins in 11 days. I cant accept this. At this time i missed my chances to invest. And at that time not even the octobre withdraws would have been done.

You claim its possible to send bitcoins to a clean wallet. If you send them to a bitcoin-qt you can send multiple transactions from there in one transaction. Bulk transactions. I wouldnt bother when fees are taken if i get my bitcoins faster. But i cant accept to wait 11 days from now.

If you could use bitcoin-qt and make manual bulk transfers then it should be safe. You make a list of withdraws with amount of target address, check the addresses are correct, note it in weexchange and you should be able to run 100 transactions or a different value in one rush. That would be way better and way less work then sitting down every 20 to 50 minutes to solve one little withdraw and repeating that all day.

How about importing the private key of the bitcoind wallet into a bitcoinqt-wallet? Wouldnt that be possible too? No need of using bitcoind anymore then.

Please tell me if there are downsides in my suggestions so that you cant go that route. I can wait 2 or 3 days for my bitcoins but definitely not 11 days. So let me know if there are things that prevent you from using it the way i suggested.

Thanks!

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:16:40 PM

He said he tried to send them all to a clean wallet and it wasn't working after 3 hours. Until he has an alternative solution working, this is just how it is Seb. It's unacceptable to everyone but we're all in the same boat, so all he can do is process in the order of tickets. I've been through this with ukyo in detail on irc, this really is how it has to be done right now. No priorities for anyone.

It sucks but at least ukyo does not appear to be scamming - although doing so much on your own has just bitten him back - and there is no 4k 'hack'.

My ticket date is also 28th. Will post when processed.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:48:53 PM

Thanks Ukyo for your efforts.

I respectfully suggest you consider posting on WeExchange / Bitfunder the difficulties expected with withdrawing however.  I (and no doubt countless others) would have not transferred BTC to WeExchange if I had any idea there was going to be a significant delay in withdrawing my funds.  It can't take more than a few minutes to put some sort of note on the site about this.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
lophie (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:18:13 PM

Well mine are still stuck but I Ukyo's posts are really taking the edge off. So thnx. I have got a couple of coins to take care of myself for a couple of weeks.....

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: