Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:19:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WeExchange]WARNING!The Fall of Ukyo II: Ukyo Digs a Hole?!WARNING![WeExchange]  (Read 34607 times)
azaniet

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:51:16 PM

I just don't understand how it's possible that Ukyo is 'fixing' weExchange's withdrawal system, while there is up to today still no withdrawal that will not receive error : ' could not connect to 2nd stage server' (I just made another small one today). All new withdrawals will just add to the list of manual withdrawals.

In my opinion, the most likely explanation for this fiasco is that Ukyo's bitcoin reserves are indeed running low, and that this problem is being 'resolved' by postponing the withdrawals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 07:24:10 PM

Im back to where i was before... only at the end of queue. ukyo canceled my withdraw because of my stupid request he should do it in case "he cant withdraw". Because it would have been better to have shares than bitcoins i cant use. I noticed that cancellation way too late because no email was sent about it and now the time was too short to buy the things at bitfunder i wanted. Back into queue and wait again.

ukyo... whats the date of withdraws you work on and how many withdraw requests are still open now?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Sanqianli

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:33:26 PM

fuck,Take my bitcoin  back to me.right now! Angry
Ukyo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:29:24 PM

Of course no new withdraws are working.
I have stated over and over that bitcoind is in a constant state of non-use by the system because it either in startup/wallet loading mode, or locked up due to the latest transfer request.

Let me repeat again.
During startup, bitcoind does not respond to RPC calls.
Once it is up, I make a transfer. The moment I make the transfer, no matter what hardware is provided, it goes to 100% resources and fails to respond to any RPC requests, even after the transaction eventually makes it to the network.

-Ukyo
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 08:40:52 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 09:10:03 PM by SebastianJu

Of course no new withdraws are working.
I have stated over and over that bitcoind is in a constant state of non-use by the system because it either in startup/wallet loading mode, or locked up due to the latest transfer request.

Let me repeat again.
During startup, bitcoind does not respond to RPC calls.
Once it is up, I make a transfer. The moment I make the transfer, no matter what hardware is provided, it goes to 100% resources and fails to respond to any RPC requests, even after the transaction eventually makes it to the network.

-Ukyo

But you doesnt explain with it that manual withdraws stopped working right?

bobboooiie

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:57:24 PM

any hope/eta on fixing automatic withdrawals? I would rather you to focus more time on that then manualy doing this as it will take you till 2015 to process everything by hand
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:11:16 PM

any hope/eta on fixing automatic withdrawals? I would rather you to focus more time on that then manualy doing this as it will take you till 2015 to process everything by hand

I guess it wont be so easy since ukyo is working on this since weeks already. Manual withdraw only works every 20-30 minutes and all the other time he can work on it. On top... if it would be easy then other real bitcoind devs would have solved this already.

Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:25:54 PM

Revert the withdrawal requests and send the btc back to the bitfunder account would not avoid the bitcoind problems?
And lower the withdrawal's waiting list for Ukyo, too.

I'd like it, so I could buy my last shares before the closure and help who just wants his btc back to get them sooner
lophie (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:00:23 AM

sigh, Stop posting that "over and over and over" and STOP THE WITHDRAWING FUNCTIONALITY!.

now I told you, Dump all using pywallet, install the latest electrum and connect using tor, import all addresses and move the coins to a single or a couple of addresses, import them in a wallet.dat. Headache done, this solution WILL stick for a while.

Of course you want a permenant solution, USE LIBBITCOIN.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 01:04:19 AM

Revert the withdrawal requests and send the btc back to the bitfunder account would not avoid the bitcoind problems?

I'd like it, so I could buy my last shares before the closure and help who just wants his btc back to get them sooner

That probably wouldnt help since the problem seems to be that bitcoind is checking thousands of bitcoin addresses if they have bitcoins in it to do a withdraw. So it doesnt matter how many withdraws are waiting.

Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:36:25 AM

That probably wouldnt help since the problem seems to be that bitcoind is checking thousands of bitcoin addresses if they have bitcoins in it to do a withdraw. So it doesnt matter how many withdraws are waiting.

I'm not saying unlocking funds on bitfunder from limbo would fix bitcoind issues, but if Ukyo is processing tickets in chronological order, popping withdrawals from the waiting list will shift all the widrawals made later.
Or to revert a withdrawal request is not possible? The transfers between weexchange and bitfunder are always instantaneous, so seem like virtual passages. And hadn't Ukyo mentioned he could have canceled withdrawals to input.io?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 02:20:03 AM

I'm not saying unlocking funds on bitfunder from limbo would fix bitcoind issues, but if Ukyo is processing tickets in chronological order, popping withdrawals from the waiting list will shift all the widrawals made later.
Or to revert a withdrawal request is not possible? The transfers between weexchange and bitfunder are always instantaneous, so seem like virtual passages. And hadn't Ukyo mentioned he could have canceled withdrawals to input.io?

He can cancel withdraws instantly.

The bitcoins at bitfunder arent at bitfunder. Weexchange keeps them all the time. They arent moved really.

The waiting list shouldnt be nothing really problematic. Its only 200 or so requests. Thats nothing for a database. It makes practically no difference to take a withdraw out because it was done manually.

Ukyo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:58:29 AM

sigh, Stop posting that "over and over and over" and STOP THE WITHDRAWING FUNCTIONALITY!.

now I told you, Dump all using pywallet, install the latest electrum and connect using tor, import all addresses and move the coins to a single or a couple of addresses, import them in a wallet.dat. Headache done, this solution WILL stick for a while.

This would be a great solution except that I am not looking to shut down the site.
The system must stay in sync with the backend for tracking and audit purposes.
We can not have divergence.

I do not want to disable the withdraw functionality because requests need to be able to be made.

Please also keep in mind, I am verifying all the transactions to make sure there are no double sends.
Just because there was an rpc time out during the withdraw process does not necessarily mean that bitcoind did not eventually process the withdraw. I am sure no one wants to get told later "oops, the system sent X bitcoins to many people more than once because of making haste so there are not enough bitcoins remaining for you"

I am currently talking with a couple people about real solutions and depending on their time and its effectiveness I am hoping to have at least one option tested and possibly running by this weekend.

There are more than 200 withdraws. Lot's of people seem to think if X withdraw does not work, let's try Y.. then Z... etc.
This has only caused even more delays.

Withdraws can be canceled.

-Ukyo
kmtan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:37:30 AM

This would be a great solution except that I am not looking to shut down the site.
The system must stay in sync with the backend for tracking and audit purposes.
We can not have divergence.

I do not want to disable the withdraw functionality because requests need to be able to be made.

Please also keep in mind, I am verifying all the transactions to make sure there are no double sends.
Just because there was an rpc time out during the withdraw process does not necessarily mean that bitcoind did not eventually process the withdraw. I am sure no one wants to get told later "oops, the system sent X bitcoins to many people more than once because of making haste so there are not enough bitcoins remaining for you"

I am currently talking with a couple people about real solutions and depending on their time and its effectiveness I am hoping to have at least one option tested and possibly running by this weekend.

There are more than 200 withdraws. Lot's of people seem to think if X withdraw does not work, let's try Y.. then Z... etc.
This has only caused even more delays.

Withdraws can be canceled.

-Ukyo

Let plan it well, having a clear picture to everyone...if not the situation getting bad.

thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 07:44:19 AM

So Ukyo, if I want to make a withdraw, which method would you suggest among these three:

1. Withdraw and wait without submitting a ticket;
2. Withdraw and submit a support ticket;
3. Don't withdraw and wait for the problem to be solved.

If choose not to withdraw currently can help, I can wait for a few days.

Thanks!

lophie (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:52:21 AM

More importantly, ETA?

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
stonehoo

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:05:52 AM

More importantly, ETA?

no nothing,,,,, just time to delay more......
carnivale

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:21:23 AM

Well, I'm still waiting for my October 23 withdrawal..

Over the course of the last few weeks, I've tried everything:
1)opened multiple support tickets on weexchange
2)opened a support ticket on bitfunder
3)sent emails
4)found the secret hotline number, called it every other day
5)opened an account on bitcointalk just to send ukyo a pm

and this is the feedback I received:
1)No reply
2)"Please contact weexchange"  Smiley
3)No reply
4)"Ukyo is at a meeting"
5)No reply

It's only 19.1BTC, but these are all the bitcoins that I have. And if getting them back requires legal action, then I will do so. I'm too tired of this.
azaniet

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 09:04:59 AM

3)sent emails

1)No reply
3)No reply
4)"Ukyo is at a meeting"
5)No reply

It's only 19.1BTC, but these are all the bitcoins that I have. And if getting them back requires legal action, then I will do so. I'm too tired of this.

Exactly the same here..
Sanqianli

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:39:03 AM

3)sent emails

1)No reply
3)No reply
4)"Ukyo is at a meeting"
5)No reply

Exactly the same here..
+1  Angry Angry Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: