Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:19:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning Node testnet installation error  (Read 214 times)
#BitcoinVegan (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:38:24 AM

Hello I'm trying to install lightning on my laptop but I keep running into this error can someone please help.

How do I upload my screen shot ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:43:07 AM

Use any image hosting provider such as imgur or epvpimg and post it between the img tags:

Code:
[img][/img]

Just make sure your link ends with the extension (png, jpg, .gif etc.) and as for your error, you may want to give more info about what were you wallet were you using, the OS etc.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
#BitcoinVegan (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:30:38 AM

Use any image hosting provider such as imgur or epvpimg and post it between the img tags:

Code:
[img][/img]

Just make sure your link ends with the extension (png, jpg, .gif etc.) and as for your error, you may want to give more info about what were you wallet were you using, the OS etc.

It's a screen shot from my Android  cellphone and I tried using Imgur to upload it on here. I'm not sure if it's a png or not
#BitcoinVegan (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:57:19 PM

I'm trying to run

Code:
npm run pack-age-electron

But I keep receiving a npm err missing script.

I'm using Windows 10
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:15:49 PM

Code:
[img][/img] 

It's a screen shot from my Android  cellphone and I tried using Imgur to upload it on here. I'm not sure if it's a png or not

You can check the file format by opening the details of  your screenshot(usually they are in .png or .jpg format), If you are using Imgur to upload your image you don't need to check the image format because the direct link of Imgur image has the image file extension at the end. You just need to copy the direct link from Imgur and paste it here to view it on your post.
e.g  
Code:
[img]http://direct link of your image from imgur[/img] 
#BitcoinVegan (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:36:59 PM

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:50:00 PM

Have you checked the log?
Code:
C:\Users\rhedr\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2018-03-20T04_09_11_070Z-debug.log
Does it have more detailed error message or that contains only the same information as the screenshot?
#BitcoinVegan (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:54:34 AM

Code:
C:\Users\rhedr\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2018-03-20T04_09_11_070Z-debug.log
Does it have more detailed error message or that contains only the same information as the screenshot?

i can check it and see, I'm really new to this. I wouldn't know what to look for exactly
#BitcoinVegan (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:24:48 AM

Code:

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ 'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe',
1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',
1 verbose cli   'run',
1 verbose cli   'setup' ]
2 info using npm@5.6.0
3 info using node@v9.9.0
4 verbose stack Error: missing script: setup
4 verbose stack     at run (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\run-script.js:151:19)
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\run-script.js:61:5
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:115:5
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:402:5
4 verbose stack     at checkBinReferences_ (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:357:45)
4 verbose stack     at final (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:400:3)
4 verbose stack     at then (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:160:5)
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:348:12
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\graceful-fs.js:78:16
4 verbose stack     at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:532:3)
5 verbose cwd C:\Users\rhedr\Desktop\BitcoinVegan32\lightning-app
6 verbose Windows_NT 10.0.16299
7 verbose argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "setup"
8 verbose node v9.9.0
9 verbose npm  v5.6.0
10 error missing script: setup
bitart

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:13:22 PM

Code:

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',
1 verbose cli   'run',
1 verbose cli   'setup' ]
2 info using npm@5.6.0
3 info using node@v9.9.0
4 verbose stack Error: missing script: setup
4 verbose stack     at run (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\run-script.js:151:19)
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\run-script.js:61:5
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:115:5
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:402:5
4 verbose stack     at checkBinReferences_ (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:357:45)
4 verbose stack     at final (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:400:3)
4 verbose stack     at then (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:160:5)
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:348:12
4 verbose stack     at C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\graceful-fs.js:78:16
4 verbose stack     at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:532:3)
5 verbose cwd C:\Users\rhedr\Desktop\BitcoinVegan32\lightning-app
6 verbose Windows_NT 10.0.16299
7 verbose argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "setup"
8 verbose node v9.9.0
9 verbose npm  v5.6.0
10 error missing script: setup
I'm also not an expert but these lines seems suspicious for me:

There should not be double \\, usually it have to be just a single backslash like \

I'm not sure that this is the problem but you can give it a try to check the script if you can modify it to single backslash, it can't be worse, since it's not working at the moment.

The other reason why there are dobule backslashes in the program lines that this is a special scripting language I don't know, in this case I have no idea about the problem...
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 11:38:13 AM

1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',

There should not be double \\, usually it have to be just a single backslash like \

An '\' is used as an escape character. It is used to include special characters (like TAB, new line, etc..) into a string.
To include a backslash (\) you have to put the escape character in front of it. Therefore the '\\'.
Without the escape char the '\n' in the first line would have been understood as 'new line'.

Unfortunately i don't know what caused OP's problem. But i'm pretty sure it is not because of the double backslash.

OP, do you have the 'pack-age-electron' script in the right directory?

bitart

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:57:24 PM

1 verbose cli   'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',

An '\' is used as an escape character. It is used to include special characters (like TAB, new line, etc..) into a string.
To include a backslash (\) you have to put the escape character in front of it. Therefore the '\\'.
Without the escape char the '\n' in the first line would have been understood as 'new line'.

Unfortunately i don't know what caused OP's problem. But i'm pretty sure it is not because of the double backslash.

OP, do you have the 'pack-age-electron' script in the right directory?
Thanks for the clarification, it's clear now, how to use the \\
hamade

Activity: 337
Merit: 150

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:49:03 PM

see here : https://medium.com/@jadmubaslat/bitcoin-lightning-network-node-easy-setup-tutorial-for-windows-desktop-users-a-how-to-guide-9937b5a8a669
maybe that help you , and the lightning network have  still in testing level
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: