Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LocalBitcoins.com Forcing me to Quit? VERY DISAPPOINTED!  (Read 347 times)
cashintor1 (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

BUY/SELL BTC via WU/PayPal +33*758788429 +WhatsAPP

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 11:28:24 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 09:10:55 PM by cashintor1

I am very DISAPPOINTED from LocalBitcoins.com because suddenly they blocked my account and requested:

1. A photograph of you ("Selfie") holding up your ID a long with a note containing your username and today's date.
2. A photograph of a recent utility bill with your name on it.
3. A photograph of your ID held up in front of your computer screen with the whole screen visible (all four corners) and this ticket page visible.

I am not comfortable providing this data and their request is breaking our EU law of data protection. It is shown on my profile page on LBC that I verified my account with an ID, Passport or Driver’s license  Verified 1 year, 9 months ago.

Anyone else? Appropriate solutions? Should I ask a lawyer to talk to them?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is our support ticket conversation:

'
cashintor March 20, 2018, 11:32 a.m. - 50 minutes ago
(Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:32:29 +0000)
I have already read all your Terms of service and there isn't anything about providing Proof of address and ID selfie which is also breaking the EU citizens data protection law. I refuse to provide you with Proof of address neither an ID selfie. Reinstate my account as I did not brake ANY of your TERMS.

Quoted from your TOS:

'
Personal Data

For purposes of this Privacy Policy, “Personal Data” means any information relating to you as an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to your identity.

Situations where you make, or may make, Personal Data available to us include without limitation:

Registration and/or verification for the services, such as by disclosing your information on the registration form, or if requested by us, as part of additional identity verification measures
Using the service, such as by creating advertisements, taking part in trades or posting on the forums
Creating a support request on our website, sending us email messages, or through other means of communications directed at us
Otherwise through the use of the services where Personal Data is required for use and/or participation
The Personal Data we collect and process may include:
Your name, email address and other contact details, as well as other personal details we may ask and you may provide us in the context of the services for purposes of identification, directing communications and use of the services – please note that if you do not provide this information where requested, parts of the service may be unavailable to you
Details on your communications with us, including without limitation any messages, notifications, requests and similar sent to us by email, by using the service features or otherwise
Your account, transaction and service activity information, including without limitation your account settings as well as information on the advertisements and forum posts you have submitted and the trades you have engaged in, your payment details and any information on fees or charges related to your service activity along with any information necessary for their determination and review, and site usage information, such as such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit, IP addresses, browser type, operating system, referring and exit pages, the dates and times of visits, and other site usage behavior
How We Use Your Information

We may use and process your information to:

Provide our services to you and to enable other users of our services to engage with you in trades, communications and other activities enabled by our services
Manage your account and your participation in the above-mentioned activities
Charge you for the use of the services, where applicable, and for debt recovery purposes
Respond to any issues or inquiries you may have regarding our services and provide you with information relevant to your use of the services, such as updates on scheduled downtime, new features or issues related to your use of or activity within the services
Contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use the services or inform you about products and services we think may interest you – provided that we have obtained your consent for this where necessary
Protect and maintain our network and the services, and to prevent, identify and repair any technical problems or security issues
Verify your identity and to prevent, detect and investigate fraud, money laundering, criminal activity or other misuse of the services
Meet our legal obligations and protect important interests of ours or those of third parties such as other users of the services
Perform research and statistical analysis on the services, including observing how our customers use the services
Better allocate our resources and enhance and improve the services provided to you and other users
Legal Bases of Processing

In order for us to be able to process your Personal Data, we may rely on different legal bases, including:

Your separate consent (only when legally required or permitted). To the extent we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
The necessity to establish a contractual relationship with you and to perform our obligations under a contract, including without limitation the Terms of Service;
The necessity for us to comply with legal obligations;
The necessity to pursue our legitimate interests, including:
Ensuring the security of our networks, information and other assets
Protecting important interests of ours or those of third parties such as other users of the services
Contacting you to inform you about our products and services we think may interest you
Administering and generally conducting our business
Preventing, detecting and investigating fraud, money laundering, criminal activity or other misuse of the services
The necessity to protect the vital interests of any person
'

LocalBitcoins March 14, 2018, 6:10 p.m. - 5 days, 18 hours ago
(Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:10:17 +0000)
Hi!

Please check our terms of service: https://localbitcoins.com/terms_of_service/

Thank you for understanding!

---
Best regards,
LocalBitcoins

In response to:

I am an EU citizen and there is a law in my country and the whole European Union that everyone has a RIGHT to REFUSE legitimating with an ID except to the POLICE or the Government. How can I be sure that my personal information will not be compromised? Or traded (with)? This is a serious concern. This request is too much. I have already verified my account. And this request from LocalBitcoins.com as a website seems contrary to the EUROPEAN UNION LAW and simply not serious.

Reinstate my account or I will pursue all the power of the law concerning this matter.

Thanks!

https://europa.eu/european-union/abouteuropa/legal_notices_en

Copyright notice
© European Union, 1995-2018

Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and shall clearly indicate any restrictions on use.

Personal Data Protection
The European Union is committed to user privacy.
The policy on "protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions" is based on Regulation (EC) N° 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000.
This general policy covers the European Union's family of institutional Web Sites, within the eu domain.
Although you can browse through most of these Web Sites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request.
Web Sites that require such information treat it according to the policy described in the Regulation mentioned above and provide information about the use of your data in their specific privacy policy statements.

In this respect:

For each specific e-service, a controller determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data and ensures conformity of the specific e-service with the privacy policy;
Within each Institution, a Data Protection Officer ensures that the provisions of the Regulation are applied and advises controllers on fulfilling their obligations (see art. 24 of the Regulation);
For all the Institutions, the European Data Protection Supervisor - PDF (234.10 KB) will act as an independent supervisory authority (see art. 41 to 45 of the Regulation).
The European Union's family of institutional Web Sites, within the eu domain, provides links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.

What is an e-service?
An e-service on EUROPA is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and the European Institutions on the other hand.

Three types of e-services are or will be offered by EUROPA:

Information services that provide citizens, media, business, administrations and other decision makers with easy and effective access to information, thus increasing transparency and understanding of the policies and activities of the EU;
Interactive communication services that allow better contacts with citizens, business, civil society and public actors thus facilitating policy consultations, and feedback mechanisms, in order to contribute to the shaping of policies, the activities and the services of the EU;
Transaction services that allow access to all basic forms of transactions with the EU, e.g. procurement, financial operations, recruitment, event enrolment, acquisition or purchase of documents etc.
Information contained in a specific privacy statement.
A specific privacy policy statement will contain the following information about the use of your data:

What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means the EU collects personal information exclusively to the extent necessary to fulfil a specific purpose. The information will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose;
To whom your information is disclosed. The EU will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) identified above and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients. The EU will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it. As a data subject you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent;
How long your data is kept. The EU only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing;
What are the security measures taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access;
Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/internet-telecoms/data-protection-privacy/index_en.htm

'Processing personal data

The person or body handling your data is called the 'data controller'. They have to respect EU rules about how they handle and store your personal data:

your data can only be collected for clearly defined legitimate purposes
the data requested from you must not be excessive
data which identifies you as an individual (i.e. your name or contact details) must not be kept any longer than needed
you must be able to correct, remove or block incorrect data about yourself
your data should be protected against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and disclosure
If sensitive personal information is stolen, lost or illegally accessed – known as a 'personal data breach' – the provider must report it to the national data protection authority. The data controller must also inform you directly if there are any risks related to your personal data or privacy due to the breach.'

Thanks!
cashintor March 10, 2018, 11:02 p.m. - 1 week, 2 days ago
(Sat, 10 Mar 2018 22:02:51 +0000)
I am an EU citizen and there is a law in my country and the whole European Union that everyone has a RIGHT to REFUSE legitimating with an ID except to the POLICE or the Government. How can I be sure that my personal information will not be compromised? Or traded (with)? This is a serious concern. This request is too much. I have already verified my account. And this request from LocalBitcoins.com as a website seems contrary to the EUROPEAN UNION LAW and simply not serious.

Reinstate my account or I will pursue all the power of the law concerning this matter.

Thanks!

https://europa.eu/european-union/abouteuropa/legal_notices_en

Copyright notice
© European Union, 1995-2018

Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and shall clearly indicate any restrictions on use.

Personal Data Protection
The European Union is committed to user privacy.
The policy on "protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions" is based on Regulation (EC) N° 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000.
This general policy covers the European Union's family of institutional Web Sites, within the eu domain.
Although you can browse through most of these Web Sites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request.
Web Sites that require such information treat it according to the policy described in the Regulation mentioned above and provide information about the use of your data in their specific privacy policy statements.

In this respect:

For each specific e-service, a controller determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data and ensures conformity of the specific e-service with the privacy policy;
Within each Institution, a Data Protection Officer ensures that the provisions of the Regulation are applied and advises controllers on fulfilling their obligations (see art. 24 of the Regulation);
For all the Institutions, the European Data Protection Supervisor - PDF (234.10 KB) will act as an independent supervisory authority (see art. 41 to 45 of the Regulation).
The European Union's family of institutional Web Sites, within the eu domain, provides links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.

What is an e-service?
An e-service on EUROPA is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and the European Institutions on the other hand.

Three types of e-services are or will be offered by EUROPA:

Information services that provide citizens, media, business, administrations and other decision makers with easy and effective access to information, thus increasing transparency and understanding of the policies and activities of the EU;
Interactive communication services that allow better contacts with citizens, business, civil society and public actors thus facilitating policy consultations, and feedback mechanisms, in order to contribute to the shaping of policies, the activities and the services of the EU;
Transaction services that allow access to all basic forms of transactions with the EU, e.g. procurement, financial operations, recruitment, event enrolment, acquisition or purchase of documents etc.
Information contained in a specific privacy statement.
A specific privacy policy statement will contain the following information about the use of your data:

What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means the EU collects personal information exclusively to the extent necessary to fulfil a specific purpose. The information will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose;
To whom your information is disclosed. The EU will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) identified above and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients. The EU will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it. As a data subject you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent;
How long your data is kept. The EU only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing;
What are the security measures taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access;
Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/internet-telecoms/data-protection-privacy/index_en.htm

'Processing personal data

The person or body handling your data is called the 'data controller'. They have to respect EU rules about how they handle and store your personal data:

your data can only be collected for clearly defined legitimate purposes
the data requested from you must not be excessive
data which identifies you as an individual (i.e. your name or contact details) must not be kept any longer than needed
you must be able to correct, remove or block incorrect data about yourself
your data should be protected against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and disclosure
If sensitive personal information is stolen, lost or illegally accessed – known as a 'personal data breach' – the provider must report it to the national data protection authority. The data controller must also inform you directly if there are any risks related to your personal data or privacy due to the breach.'

Thanks!

LocalBitcoins March 9, 2018, 8:12 a.m. - 1 week, 4 days ago
(Fri, 9 Mar 2018 07:12:09 +0000)
Hi Nikifor,

your account will not be activated if you do not comply with the verification request.

Thank you for understanding!

---
Best regards,
LocalBitcoins

In response to:

Hi I am a long - term 3 years + verified trader here and I am not comfortable uploading these automatically requested documents. Please reinstate my account soon!

Thank you!
cashintor March 6, 2018, 5:08 p.m. - 1 week, 6 days ago
(Tue, 6 Mar 2018 16:08:01 +0000)
Hi I am a long - term 3 years + verified trader here and I am not comfortable uploading these automatically requested documents. Please reinstate my account soon!

Thank you!
LocalBitcoins March 6, 2018, 2:21 p.m. - 1 week, 6 days ago
(Tue, 6 Mar 2018 13:21:19 +0000)
Hi

Our automated fraud/risk detection system has flagged your account as high risk. The flag can be caused by a number of factors. We don’t specify what exactly caused the flag in order to allow us to remain proactive with regards to these risks.

We will require you to complete some additional ID verification steps.

1. A photograph of you ("Selfie") holding up your ID a long with a note containing your username and today's date.
3. A photograph of your ID held up in front of your computer screen with the whole screen visible (all four corners) and this ticket page visible.

Once you have completed these steps - reply to this support ticket and attach the photographs you've taken.
'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:07:23 PM

OP,can you explain your issue without posting a ton of copypasted text in your thread.
Were you scammed by someone on Localbitcoins?Was your account blocked by some reason?
All I can see is that you don`t want to upload ID verification.I understand that.I`ve been using localbitcoins.com for about 2 years and never had any issue with a trader,but I will NEVER upload my ID on localbitcoins.I remember that Localbitcoins is based in Finland,so they have to comply with the EU laws.
I guess the situation is just "take it or leave it".If you want to use LBT,you have follow their rules.If you don`t like their rules,just leave them.

Slow death
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1100

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:46:27 PM

I am very DISAPPOINTED from LocalBitcoins.com.

because of that:

hahahahahaha

Really?

Dude, I also went through the same procedure last year and I gave them the same things they are asking for and it was very fast and without problems

Anyone else?

I also went through this

Appropriate solutions?

Deliver everything they are asking for

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
cashintor1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:43:54 PM

I updated the OP post.

OP,can you explain your issue without posting a ton of copypasted text in your thread.
Were you scammed by someone on Localbitcoins?Was your account blocked by some reason?
All I can see is that you don`t want to upload ID verification.I understand that.I`ve been using localbitcoins.com for about 2 years and never had any issue with a trader,but I will NEVER upload my ID on localbitcoins.I remember that Localbitcoins is based in Finland,so they have to comply with the EU laws.
I guess the situation is just "take it or leave it".If you want to use LBT,you have follow their rules.If you don`t like their rules,just leave them.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:35:56 PM

I'm not very sure of the identity protection laws in Europe but isn't it okay for third parties registered in Europe to do the formal KYC procedures as long as the data is safe with them ?

LocalBitcoins is way better than most of the exchanges that exists today,I think you should just comply with the standards procedures or stop using the service.
buwaytress
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3443

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:34:19 PM

That's strange. Never ever been contacted by LBC for that kind of information, but I suspect the "red flag" they're talking about must have arisen from one of your previous trades. Perhaps you were involved in a dispute that didn't end well. Or completed one or more trades with an ID other than your own?

Shame as I really like LBC, but if you're not comfortable with verification, then you should take your business elsewhere. Warning though, eventually, you're going to have to prove your identity everywhere.

I'm not very sure of the identity protection laws in Europe but isn't it okay for third parties registered in Europe to do the formal KYC procedures as long as the data is safe with them ?

LocalBitcoins is way better than most of the exchanges that exists today,I think you should just comply with the standards procedures or stop using the service.

It's going to be a little more complicated than that with the new GDPR directive looming (active 28 May to be exact). Any company, even extra-EU, dealing with EU citizens will have to comply as well or risk legal action from its citizens. In particular, with the "right to be forgotten", companies must now also prove to the client that they will only keep the data for as long as needed, and prove that the data is destroyed when no longer needed.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:55:08 PM

I have also never been asked by localbitcoins to upload these documents.

Must be some sort of thing that you did to trigger their automatic fraud detection system or whatever. How much money have you got on Localbitcoins at the moment? It's very weird that they are requesting these documents.

I have no knowledge of EU privacy laws, but if a company asks you for KYC docs it'll be hard to just refuse to send it to them. You could request that your funds be withdrawn from your account and your account closed, but that'll be forfeiting a good trader account.

I use LBC for the sole reason that I am able to use it anonymously and without forced verification. Hopefully this is just an isolated case and not going to develop into a growing trend. But for now, you should comply with whatever they're asking unless you have fully understood the legal implications.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:02:19 PM

I have not read the whole thread but after reading 4-5 lines if i understand correctly then localbitcoins is asking for ID verification other than email or mobile number? but with a weird situation. Even if they are breaking the EU laws EU gov cannot do anything unless the website is EU based.
But i doubt any trusted members on the website will leave because of it.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:20:50 AM

That is a very rare occurrence for sure.

Localbitcoins is located in Finland which is a part of the EU. So it could be under the EU privacy laws, even though I'm not sure if you are able to cite this as an excuse to not get your account verified by them as part of the AML procedures.

I've been using localbitcoins for around 3 years now, buying and selling. Never had this issue happen to me.

Was there anything that they said about how why they had to do this? Or are they trying to keep this reason secret as a part of "being proactive".

Smiley
Oilacris

Activity: 3024
Merit: 613

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:01:15 PM

Localbitcoins is located in Finland which is a part of the EU. So it could be under the EU privacy laws, even though I'm not sure if you are able to cite this as an excuse to not get your account verified by them as part of the AML procedures.

I've been using localbitcoins for around 3 years now, buying and selling. Never had this issue happen to me.

Was there anything that they said about how why they had to do this? Or are they trying to keep this reason secret as a part of "being proactive".
I'm finding the reason why LBT did request such thing.Same as yours been using localbitcoin within 2 years and I don't have any problems. Sending out documentations is up to you.If you are confident enough for those informations been accumulated but on what most people do tell here its been part EU privacy law which I'm confident that those informations is somehow safe.Just comply on what they are asking, its still on OP's choice.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:30:00 PM

You should not be disappointed with what is happening. Its a pure offer and acceptance which is not an order of specific performance. Its optional whether you want to use it or not which in this case you have made a decision to quit the platform and I don't see a court ordering them otherwise because their intention is justified as to why they are requesting for such information.

I wouldn't want you to blame the admin of localbitcoin because if its within their reach, they wouldn't go that route but blame the individuals who have because of their short sightedness immoral behaviour turned such platform to scam infested area that even me personally, would not change bitcoin to fiat on that platform and the only thing they would do is to dispute and judge. They have lost credibility and the only they think they can recover it is go start this KYC. Other peer to peer will soon follow suit because I see people moving enmasse (especially the scammers to other platforms to look for preys).
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:39:54 PM

I'm finding the reason why LBT did request such thing.Same as yours been using localbitcoin within 2 years and I don't have any problems. Sending out documentations is up to you.If you are confident enough for those informations been accumulated but on what most people do tell here its been part EU privacy law which I'm confident that those informations is somehow safe.Just comply on what they are asking, its still on OP's choice.

Yeah, it's strange that they're requesting this.

The only recent change that I could think of was that you needed to be verified in order for you to actually advertise on localbitcoins, which was fair enough. But you could still deposit and withdraw funds from your account as usual without any verification or respond to other people's advertisements without verification. So OP's problems are clearly different to this.

I would personally trust LBC with my information, but I would ask them to delete it once it fuliflls their needs of KYC/AML. But I would definitely try to ask for the specific reason why they have requested all of a sudden for these ID docs. But if KYC/AML is in their policy it's hard to dispute it or try to not comply with them. They may just be trying to keep their platform clean without scammers.

Smiley
cashintor1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 09:09:23 PM

Thank you all for your support! To remind - I am not comfortable providing this personal data ID SELFIE and PROOF OF ADDRESS and their request is breaking our EU law of data protection. It is shown on my profile page on LBC that I verified my account with an ID, Passport or Driver’s license  Verified 1 year, 9 months ago.

Is there any appropriate solution without uploading ID selfie video and proof of address?

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:26:38 AM

Most of this requirement are good to provide and this enables us to built confident on crypto currencies and for the mass to build confident in it the more. The anonymous nature of cryptocurrencies make the scammer to used it as a means of scamming people and that is what we should all be against if we want progress in cryptocurrencies .
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:49:05 AM

I am using localbitcoins for selling my bitcoin sometimes the traders ask me to verify the ID and the original name of the bank account other than everything is fine with me.But if you are a trader the rules may different but if you want to ne a trade then you need to follow their rules or move to the other exchanges.
cashintor1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 07:48:02 PM

Okay who of you has already uploaded an ID Selfie VIDEO somewhere ?

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:58:04 PM

Okay who of you has already uploaded an ID Selfie VIDEO somewhere ?
Not anyone I remember.Did the ask you to do that ? Maybe the proofs you provided didn't seem genuine ? What's the problem in taking a selfie video if you already trusted them with a selfie image ? I understand this can get real frustrating but to filter out the scammers,such measures are indeed necessary.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:40:53 PM

they just ask you a standard verification procedure wich is very common on bitcoin trading sites
they dont force you to quit , they just require additional info about you since your account has been flagged for something.
it could be for many reasons, even a blacklisted ip u used to login to their website, or u logged in from many different ip's ; big trading ammounts and so on... also if u have dealed with paypal wich is high risk ... might be the reason
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:46:53 AM

Don't know what to tell you dude. I'm sure EU has anti money laundering laws and requirements for exchanges. The sad thing is the government probably already came down hard on them for this kind of thing and that's why they're doing this now. Providing an ID to somebody on the street (aka the police) when not detained for a crime is different than verifying somebody for money transactions of different currencies. We have both those laws in my country, too.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:59:49 PM

Lol, the OP is unstopable. He keeps creating new threads: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3207297.0
Why are you so concerned about your KYC? What kind of data protection are you talking about? The service should protect your data from thieves, not you from the service. This rules are not just legal, they were enforced by the government.
I would like to tell you a secret. Your ID is not valid without you. No one can use it for you and if anything happen without your permission you will be totally refunded without any problems. The other thing is that you should think how many people already have access to your ID data: your employer, your university, huge amount of state departments etc. There are thousands of people that have an access to your ID. This kind of information is not worth anything.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: