Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:07:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEO Worth it?  (Read 218 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:28:05 PM

I had plans to buy a mining rig but some people confirmed that ETH will eventually go POS and since I'm not aware of any other good coins, I want to see what other options do I have? Is NEO a good alternative? If yes, I'd appreciate some calculations (x bought = x earned for example).
civiszero

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:36:41 PM

depends on how much you are willing to put in.

you will have to buy quite a significant amount of NEO to earn GAS
for example:
you can buy 500 NEO right now which costs you about $34.000 dollar
you would generate about 73 GAS every year
1 gas is about 21 dollar in today's market
which gives you a profit of roughly 1500 dollar annually.

that being said
I think for instance Vechain will give you more chance of a higher ROI down the line for a lower initial investment.
although I do not know the worth of the thor coin (equilivant of GAS) I predict the percentage to be somewhere in the same ballpark.

take a look for masternode coins also there are lists online if you do a little digging.

but please be aware there are a lot of scams out there promising u X returns.
Midsign

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:43:48 PM

I think that, NEO is a good coin. If you can afford buying a neo masternode, I think its not a bad idea. Though other smaller valued coins masternodes would give you a better return on investment than neo but for NEO, its always a good buy at all times as i have the feeling that it would grow significantly this year.
investorss

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:44:37 PM

I had plans to buy a mining rig but some people confirmed that ETH will eventually go POS and since I'm not aware of any other good coins, I want to see what other options do I have? Is NEO a good alternative? If yes, I'd appreciate some calculations (x bought = x earned for example).
yes, neo is a very good coin, I bought it myself very much!
lavishlife

Activity: 137

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:54:14 PM

should've bought NEO  Sad
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 12:56:20 PM

Wondering why everyone is speaking about the NEO. Who said that ETH will go PoS anytime? I dont think that it will happen so soon and apart from that the development is getting progressed in the way it should be done. I think it is way greater than the otters coins in the market and even better in speed than bitcoin itself. So im not sure what is driving you so crazy about it and what made you think that it will go pos anytime. ETH is always underestimated but it always turns out to be best amongst the other coins and thus you can rely on it.

NEO is good investment too but I just wanted to make point about the ETH not being pos.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

mabbaslakhani

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:01:31 PM

Neo is a good coin as it shows its worth..... once the stability come it'll shoot to 300-350 USD and it is a best time to buy
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:03:33 PM

NEO is a good token, NEO is likely to surpass ETH.
Because NEO is very popular in Asia, and there are many excellent projects based on NEO, I suggest you hold it for a long time.

Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:11:13 PM

Every coin is a good coin but what is lacking about some other coins are exposure in the internet not all coins have that because they have a lot of competitors around the internet. One things for sure though NEO is popular enough but not safe no! All coin is not safe BITCOIN is included well might be the riskiest of em all but we do realize we still invest on it even the risk involve so you won't know unless you try it or experience it.
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:27:16 PM

Taking about POS, NEO is not the best in my opinion. The annual income of generated gas is approximately 5% of your NEO deposit. For instance, DASH gives you 7,5% of annual return, OKcash - 10%. I hope ETH will offer more than 5% when they implement POS.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:48:16 PM

Maybe for short term, but you should know, that NEO has an off switch, I don't find it very good if they decide to terminate NEO, so I use rather bitcoin or ethereum, where you need to destroy all computers from the world to succeed in termination of a coin.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:59:38 PM

I don't recommend bought mining rig to mine ETH now because most important is Network Difficulty increase everyday, you just earn a little of ETH with small mining rig, but NEO is another potential coins like ETH, people call NEO is China Ethereum and you also can claim free gas, currently price is not high, so I'm sure that NEO is worth for hold
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:42:53 PM

depends on how much you are willing to put in.

you will have to buy quite a significant amount of NEO to earn GAS
for example:
you can buy 500 NEO right now which costs you about $34.000 dollar
you would generate about 73 GAS every year
1 gas is about 21 dollar in today's market
which gives you a profit of roughly 1500 dollar annually.

that being said
I think for instance Vechain will give you more chance of a higher ROI down the line for a lower initial investment.
although I do not know the worth of the thor coin (equilivant of GAS) I predict the percentage to be somewhere in the same ballpark.

take a look for masternode coins also there are lists online if you do a little digging.

but please be aware there are a lot of scams out there promising u X returns.

Are these considered as dividends or It's actually POS? I just want to know If this is usury-based system or in other words, why are people rewarded and from where the tokens are coming from?
Kolona

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:45:16 PM

NEO is good because it is supported by 90 percent of all investors in China, and this is a huge audience. Therefore, the coin is obliged to repack.
cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:52:38 PM

Are these considered as dividends or It's actually POS? I just want to know If this is usury-based system or in other words, why are people rewarded and from where the tokens are coming from?

It's more like dividends. New GAS is generated with every new block and proportionally distributed between all NEO holders. This will continue until total supply of GAS (100000000) is reached. Moreover, there are several different types of transaction fees in NEO protocol. All of them are paid in GAS. Some of these transactions fees are collected by bookkeeping nodes (these are all set to zero right now, so bookkeeping nodes don't actually make any money), while other fees are redistributed back to all NEO holders in the same as newly generated GAS.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:17:50 PM

NEO is a good coin and it's an Ethereum best rival for scalability and speed.
I like NEO that's why I invested a couple of hundred of NEO coin last year while it's cheaper so now I am thankful that I invested while it's cheaper and my return of investment is way higher than other altcoins in the crypto market today.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:21:43 PM

Maybe for short term, but you should know, that NEO has an off switch, I don't find it very good if they decide to terminate NEO, so I use rather bitcoin or ethereum, where you need to destroy all computers from the world to succeed in termination of a coin.

NEO is for both short-term and long-term because this time NEO is cheaper again and will soon surge when Bitcoin start to surge.
NEO is better than other top altcoins as it is also one of the best blockchain backbone next to Ethereum.
new altcoins today are now on Ethereum or NEO's Backbone due to it's scalability and speed feature.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:22:45 PM

Mining is good platform but you should calculate your Power consumption because high hash cards are make more profit so you should buy high range hash it will make more profit. But many countries are avoiding the mining platform because it take more electricity so little complicated in future. In your country cheap electricity you can start a mining platform otherwise it is not a valuable investment.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
waikato3284

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:24:34 PM

NEO isn't decentralized. It might be worth a small position but it's too high risk for a large position.
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 01:25:07 PM

I think it has a lot of potential and can be really neck and neck compared with ETH.

Would be a great coin to invest in for the long term and see what happens IMO
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: