Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:47:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the off topic thread  (Read 5007 times)
Klubknuckle

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:02:37 PM

Everyone, go and drink a cup of water and come back.... Your body are screaming....

What about coke... Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nthoangga

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

PLAYGAME.com

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:40:45 PM

Everyone, go and drink a cup of water and come back.... Your body are screaming....

What about coke... Smiley
Coke is not good for you. Better off drink water

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 05:12:30 PM

Man, now I'm thirsty!

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:04:09 PM

I feel like ranting about ObamaCare for a minute:

Has nobody in the government taken an introductory economics class? Supply and Demand people, it is not that hard to understand!

So the problem that they identified is that there are people who do not have access to healthcare, and the reason they identified is because those people cannot afford to get it. Obviously the problem is that the supply of healthcare does not meet the demand (you can have a whole other debate about whether it is even possible to meet the demand for healthcare, since people will always think of more reasons to spend money).

So the government's solution is to increase the demand for healthcare (or, more accurately, health insurance; we can have another debate about how those are actually connected). Anybody who has studied economics knows that when you increase the demand for something with a fixed supply the price will go up.

What the government should have done instead would be to focus on increasing the supply of healthcare. They should be hiring doctors or giving money to clinics/hospitals to hire doctors, helping more students go to medical school, and building hospitals/clinics in underserved communities. They should make it easier for charities to run health clinics. By increasing the supply they would lower the cost and make healthcare more accessible to everyone.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Peter Lambert

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:09:52 PM

Why did I pirate so much Blick-182 when I can only stand like 5 of their songs?
FTFY  Tongue

That is why it is better to pirate songs. You don't have to feel bad if they suck and you end up throwing them out. When I was a teen-ager I bought a CD because I had heard one of the songs on it on the radio and liked it. The other 9 songs on the disk all sucked, I felt like I had totally wasted my money.

It would be nice if artists had bitcoin address you could donate to if you decide you like their music.  The webcomic xkcd has a bitcoin donation address: http://xkcd.com/bitcoin/

Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:08:08 PM

I always pirate cd's/movies etc. and I'll buy them if I like them.

i buy merchandise if i liked it.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
lepirate

Activity: 541

Garbochock

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:14:22 PM

Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me
We download, we torrent, we crack and we hack
Download me hearties yo ho
We don't pay for software and don't give a hoot
Download me hearties yo ho!
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:26:18 PM

Ohh damn. I read "the topless thread" when I clicked on this. What a disappointment.  Sad

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
lepirate

Activity: 541

Garbochock

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:57:59 PM

Ohh damn. I read "the topless thread" when I clicked on this. What a disappointment.  Sad
So did I! Lol Cheesy
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 04:40:22 PM

Time to listen to James Earl Jones read The Raven - because it's a Halloween tradition, y'know!  http://bit.ly/Y0T8Br

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 10:46:20 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2013, 11:02:23 PM by mogrith

What you mean this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QcYf_8sBCik/TSfUcejLX-I/AAAAAAAAH9I/HkVl8_b5R74/s1600/Alice%2BGoodwin%2BOfficial%2B2011%2BTopless%2BCalendar%2B%25252812%252529.jpg

{edit}
Removed img tags so more SFW

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 11:01:10 PM

And marked that way on my subject line. but since I'm not OP I can't put on thread. I also tried not to be super explicit anyway. Maybe should have found a thumbnail and linked to full size.

Really don't want to turn this into a nudie thread.

anyway removed img tags

Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:06:49 AM

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:11:39 AM

also this thread should have a sticky imo.

Radelderth

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 12:30:30 AM

Depends what kind of coke Tongue
What is this supposed to mean?
That something of the likes of Coke Zero or Diet Coke is good for you?

Diet coke and coke zero is worse off, they put some artificial sugar in it...

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:21:52 AM

i'm drunk and in babbly mood... Smiley
have to add some background knowledge for artifical sugar:

US company monsanto (primer producer for Agent Orange beside Dow Chemical during Vietnam War) took over the artificial sweetener copmany G.D. Searle & Company in  1985 and created the subcompany NutraSweet (with chairman Donald Rumsfeld at that time). Shortly after its product Aspartam aka Nutrasweet got admission and found its way as a synthetical sweetener in many everday food products since then.
In July 2005 an italian study proofed higher brain tumor rates during testing with rats
US National Cancer Institute (which gets alibi donations by american food companies to support stuff like "healthy school food") made a counter study in 2006 that resulted in disproof of this thesis.

in many underdeveloped areas of the world where natural products are consumed (eg rural areas in india) tumor rate is still significantly lower
and statistically grows exponentially when getting closer from suburbs to bigger cities where these products are consumed on a daily basis.

funnily the toxicity of this and similar stuff is still measured by a method (forgot its name) from the first half of 20th century, where the amount that shows slightest negative effects with rats is divided by the completely randomized number 100 (some scientists which where involved in this decision progress, told the random pick many decades later).
Newest studies seem to proof the assumption that these synthetic and enzymatic substances change human dna in an exponential and not a linear way as defined by this old method.

this theory is still very controversial, but bold part is fact.
my conclusions:
bitcoin will grow like a positive tumor in fiat system and i stay with my lovely sugar which has its place in human society for more than 10.000 years   Grin

Peter Lambert

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:37:59 AM

Pay attention to which drinks people order at McDonalds: the skinny guy orders Coke, the lard-butt orders Diet. If you want to be skinny, do what the skinny people do: order regular instead of diet (or just get water, because that is better than either of them).

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 04:19:48 AM

I'll take mine with cane sugar, please!

FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:49:27 AM

US company monsanto (primer producer for Agent Orange beside Dow Chemical during Vietnam War) took over the artificial sweetener copmany G.D. Searle & Company in  1985 and created the subcompany NutraSweet (with chairman Donald Rumsfeld at that time). Shortly after its product Aspartam aka Nutrasweet got admission and found its way as a synthetical sweetener in many everday food products since then.
In July 2005 an italian study proofed higher brain tumor rates during testing with rats
US National Cancer Institute (which gets alibi donations by american food companies to support stuff like "healthy school food") made a counter study in 2006 that resulted in disproof of this thesis.

in many underdeveloped areas of the world where natural products are consumed (eg rural areas in india) tumor rate is still significantly lower
and statistically grows exponentially when getting closer from suburbs to bigger cities where these products are consumed on a daily basis.

funnily the toxicity of this and similar stuff is still measured by a method (forgot its name) from the first half of 20th century, where the amount that shows slightest negative effects with rats is divided by the completely randomized number 100 (some scientists which where involved in this decision progress, told the random pick many decades later).
Newest studies seem to proof the assumption that these synthetic and enzymatic substances change human dna in an exponential and not a linear way as defined by this old method.

my conclusions:
bitcoin will grow like a positive tumor in fiat system and i stay with my lovely sugar which has its place in human society for more than 10.000 years   Grin

So which Ozu films have you watched by now?
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:55:12 AM

*snip*
my conclusions:

So which Ozu films have you watched by now?
oh no master has found me  Cheesy.
i'll write pm would become too OT here

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: