Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Get Merit  (Read 290 times)
riskrocks007 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:34:11 PM

Hello Everyone,

Greetings for the season.

I am Newbie to Bitcointalk forum and I am learning it.

Today I saw my Profile and it shows 0 Merit.

I tried to search across but the one which I found is you need to post good & quality content.

My view is to answer or join any discussion you need to be subject matter expert of should have some kind of knowledge of it then only you can add value? Correct me if I am wrong.

Can you help me what are the ways & means I can build my reputation within bitcointalk forum as I am new to Cryptoworld and I am learning it in bit and pieces.

Looking forward for community guidance & help.

Thanks for your time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HappyMod

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

ICO Communtiy Management & Engagement happymod.io

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 07:46:47 PM

Hi Riskrock,

First of all welcome to bitcointalk (still). As you can see my account is still fairly new as well.

So, here is my opinion regarding merit. Does it show something? It could. But, does it mean new accounts don't have a solid opinion or saying about something? Definitely not. My advice would be to post around on topics you find interesting and have something interesting to comment to.

What makes something a quality post? It's based on someone's opinion. So, get in the field and post (don't spam) around and get yourself some discussions going. I'm sure reputation/merit will follow soon enough!

See you on the forums and good luck! ^_^ Feel free to let me know if you need help with anything else.

Startup for Cryptocurrency Community Management, Engagement and Marketing. Expert in ICO Advising and moderation of social media platforms happymod.io
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:21:49 PM

Hello Everyone,

I tried to search across but the one which I found is you need to post good & quality content.

My view is to answer or join any discussion you need to be subject matter expert of should have some kind of knowledge of it then only you can add value? Correct me if I am wrong.

Can you help me what are the ways & means I can build my reputation within bitcointalk forum as I am new to Cryptoworld and I am learning it in bit and pieces.

Thanks for your time.

Check this thread and the Meta section for this kind of questions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2766177.0
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:39:48 PM
Merited by wiser (2)

Welcome to Bitcointalk riskrocks007,

I tend to agree with HappyMod:

"So, here is my opinion regarding merit. Does it show something? It could. But, does it mean new accounts don't have a solid opinion or saying about something? Definitely not."

I wouldn't worry about it - no one that has been around for a while will be judging you on it. You may write something absolutely brilliant and not receive merit points from anyone, but that doesn't mean people didn't really like what you had to say. If you contribute without motive, you will never be disappointed.  Smiley

"My advice would be to post around on topics you find interesting and have something interesting to comment to." (HappyMod) - Agree!  There are also off-topic boards where you can write about anything.

This is self-serving on my part, but if you are interested:

-  Check out DNotesEDU.com and let us know if there is anything that is difficult to follow in our beginner level material -   https://dnotesedu.com/digital-currency/

-  DNotes 2.0 wallet is Alpha-testing if you would like to give it a try - feedback from beginners is invaluable!! - https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0-pre

-  Let us know how you made out (very friendly forum) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
safetrade

Activity: 87
Merit: 4

Safe.Trade is supporting the ( $ANON ) fork

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 09:30:17 PM

Check this thread and the Meta section for this kind of questions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2766177.0

I wish I could give you merit for this Smiley

SafeCoin.Org   >>>  http://www.safecoin.org  >>>  Safe.Trade >>> Http://Safe.Trade
nickjohnson

Activity: 56
Merit: 14

You are precious!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:55:42 PM

The good work will always be rewarded. My strategy is this: be focus on the quality and add value to the comunity, and than, there will be people who will natraly give credit for your work.
reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:08:50 PM

Some of the people here will appreciate the quality of the posts you have created,but most of them will just ignore you so there will be no assurance for us whom or when we are going to have our merits,few months ago there are no merits required in the forum but the spammers and shitposters are abusing the forum that is why merits have been implemented so that these people wont get any chance to rank up here in bitcointalk.So you will need to post quality contents that are informative everytime so you will have a little chance to get some merit points.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2324
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 11:59:14 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 01:26:13 AM by tbct_mt2
Merited by wiser (2)

In order to earn merits, you should have several things:
1. English skills for reading and writing.
2. Knowledge about crypto (its ecosystem, its market, its hot trend, etc.), which you can get by reading
3. Experience, which you can get by spending more time in crypto world and in the forum.
4. Skills for efficiently using the forum.

And something more. Mixing all those stuffs, you should try composing high quality, constructive posts to contribute to the forum and help other users.
santosummer

Activity: 170

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:45:23 AM

I can forget merit to focus positively on the market the n1k1 crypto and this forum. by when you concentrate like to affirm the merit. but the negatives found can negatively affect for a bad way. It's like you're trying to win a game and near-exasperation later.
riskrocks007 (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:15:21 AM

Hi Riskrock,

First of all welcome to bitcointalk (still). As you can see my account is still fairly new as well.

So, here is my opinion regarding merit. Does it show something? It could. But, does it mean new accounts don't have a solid opinion or saying about something? Definitely not. My advice would be to post around on topics you find interesting and have something interesting to comment to.

What makes something a quality post? It's based on someone's opinion. So, get in the field and post (don't spam) around and get yourself some discussions going. I'm sure reputation/merit will follow soon enough!

See you on the forums and good luck! ^_^ Feel free to let me know if you need help with anything else.

Hi Happymod,

Thanks a ton for your advice & help, I have noted your point and it had boosted my confidence will surely share my views wherever I feel I can add value to the discussion.

Lets meet in forums & be in touch forever  Smiley

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:35:00 AM

No need for that, glad it helped.
Mishatkas

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

cпacибo бoльшoe, мнe пoмoглo
SNob2017

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:38:05 PM

Hi everyone!
I am Newbie in crypto-world too!
Thanks a lot guys for your advises, I hope that I'll can grow up my skill and will find many interesting in this world!
Keep in touch!
dncdog

Activity: 156
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:16:12 PM

Hi everyone!
I am Newbie in crypto-world too!
Thanks a lot guys for your advises, I hope that I'll can grow up my skill and will find many interesting in this world!
Keep in touch!
This one is useful for newbie like you.
Newbies - Read before posting
Lauda created the topic to help forum newcomers to get basic (but essential) information about the forum, help them to be faster familiar with the forum operational mechanism and its rules.
perfryan

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:22:25 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your time.

Your also right..and
You have to do interested topics that might some people Like.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Torrenth

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:13:34 PM

You can get merit by making good posts and gift it to other when you think they made a good pos
Ahyke93

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:46:40 PM

In view of bad use of grammar for non native speakers, I am volunteering to do three proof read and grammar edit, every day till further notice, for all non-English-natives,who are junior members or members, and have an interesting topic they would want to post, but have difficulty, producing a grammatically sound and coherent post.
All request will be on the thread, but the post will be transferred via private message to avoid plagiarism.  

I will open a thread on that and once I do the terms will be well spelt out.
khelan

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 06:26:04 PM

MERIT is essential for upgrading rank to higher one from jr member and it can be get by posting and commenting quality content by participating in discussion and contributing to the forum.
trupero_uno

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:15:52 PM

I am just curious, is it useful for Legenday rank to get more merit? As I know that merit is needed to increase the rank and the highest rank in this forum is legendary....So, lot of merit for legendary is useless, isn't it? Please correct me.
Queen_A

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:48:03 PM

be active on forum with useful tghoughts for others
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: