Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you look at the potential of the project or its price?  (Read 370 times)
jayco25 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:11:11 AM

This is my opinion only and you are free to comment and give your own opinion

I have noticed that many investors are buying during ICO but not because of long term or they want the project. They immediately sell their coin/token when the price triple or even 400% gain and find another ICO again. This is one reason why  the price of coin/token drop or sometimes below ICO. They do not think about its use in the future and it is possible that the value is higher.

#Datarius
yepaiyique2

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:14:05 AM

Because many investors do not understand the potential of the project.

Just for the sake of pure investment! Invest in money!

When they get the expected return, they sell their crypto and continue to look for other projects!
QuinlanDeclan

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:15:54 AM

I have noticed that many investors are buying during ICO but not because of long term or they want the project. They immediately sell their coin/token when the price triple or even 400% gain and find another ICO again. This is one reason why  the price of coin/token drop or sometimes below ICO. They do not think about its use in the future and it is possible that the value is higher.

#Datarius

I look at both and the market trend you can' predict these things
jalaaal

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:18:30 AM

#Datarius

that's the reason why they invested, they want to earn money, they want to gain profit from their investment. so once they get what they want or their profit, they probably sell their token once it gain profit.

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:21:33 AM

That's the reality of life. Just embrace it. It all comes down to money. For the most part of it. Even if the project is really good and has solid foundations, still they don't care bout it because the only interest they are after is, if they will make money either short-term or long-term. Many can't afford to lose their investments that's why they sell if they see the good points on trading.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:28:50 AM

The price should be stable, for those who have an ICO project.
after listing exchange, do not raise the price.
for example, ICO that I follow Live Edu ,. the price now after the listing exchange has never been up to the price when the ICO. so the price is still stable.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:35:37 AM

#Datarius

To be specific, both. I personally concentrate much more over the project, its real world importance, team and there experience, partners, etc. However, when I am buying even in for a project, I first look at the price where I am buying. Buying dips and when the price is low gives you profit.
In the recent times, many good projects like TKY, J8T came way below there ICO price which was a solid buy for me.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:44:28 AM

#Datarius

In my own opinion and what I see basing on what I learn and read from the past that when selling there altcoin from ICO its a big yes for because the selling the ICO market value decreases. Which I think the lose interest because they already have earn double and triple/ high percentage increase.

Like when I buy bitcoin, it is increasing(the market value) for so it is increasing. So when I sell my bitcoin bitcoin decreases and so again this what I understand and even I am a sr member please dont say anything like " Your a sr. Member you still dont understand and you bought this accouny"  please dont judge me.
hamlet1975

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:50:44 AM

I look at both.  About 25% part of my portfolio are just for short term growth (ICOs, Swing Trades, etc).  The other is for good long term projects where price right now isn't as important.  I look at what projects I think will be around in 3-5 years.
Lock00Live

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:56:42 AM

I often look at both: the potential of the project and its price. But the first thing I look at is the project because a good project will give us the opportunity to invest in good profit, a long-term investment. Then I will look at the price, when looking at the price, I will analyze, monitor and predict how the next price will change (evaluation of myself) so I can invest wisely and smart. Therefore, the potential of the project and price are two indicators that you can effectively manage your business, avoiding the potential risks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:56:49 AM

Everyone look into price only, potential of project is just another indirect saying of profit at long time.it depend on holder patience whether they want smaller profit and sum to make big amount or wait for few months to gain big profit.
STIKS1911

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:59:51 AM

In this situation, everything depends on people. Someone is not ready to wait a month, six months or a year until the value of the coin grows even more. Some people find it easier to sell when they see a profit and look for a new project. I look at both indicators. When the coin I invested in gives 300-500%, I sell half of it, and I keep the rest for a long time.

skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:03:18 AM

somehow at the moment is look like we just gambling with our money rather than look at the project itself. Im not denying that when I look or participating at the project I just wanna make profit with it, but I always look at the project & community itself before I decided that. so for me both of them are important for decide to participate on ICO, anyway I prefer to hold for a long term rather than just dumping my token or coin when I have good feeling with the project.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:13:54 AM

#Datarius

These are the happenings with these ICO. The investors are only after for the profit without considering the implementation of the project. Somehow as we all.know that we could earn more if the project is fully implemented . However ICO managers could not even controlled on this investors selling their tokens/coins after ICO period. This is somehow that there should be rulings and regulations regarding with the project implementation and the imvestments of the of the investors. Meaning to say that during ICO the time frame for the project to be implemented and the time that investors investment holdings must be concluded and must have a terms and agreement in investing and witthdrawal of investment. It must be transparent in showing the project earnings. So there will be dividend right after it is being implemented and had earn.
Daria_daria1992

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:16:12 AM

If the project is potentially promising, then all coins should not be sold, even if they yield a good profit.  Some of the coins are best left for a long time.  % which each one chooses to own, I usually fix 50%.

[/center]
dreico

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:17:25 AM

I personally look at the project potential itself than at its price, because the idea itself will depend a lot and the price including
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:18:03 AM

back to their respective personalities. Sometimes a person only thinks about the benefits without thinking about the potential of the project and its benefits are so great.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:25:40 AM

Really, every investor is after the profit he/she is going to get, not totally the long implementation of the project. I personally sometimes look at the potential of the project whether is has utility or not. The potential benefits of the project is a major concern of many investors including me. However price is a major determinant in both cases.

HOMT