Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear is trapped  (Read 4405 times)
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:38:21 PM

^ Nope, don't think so. You sound like the typical whiny "missed-the-boat" person. People who genuinely made 200 btc have no need to brag about that on a forum. I bet you bought somewhere in the 360's.

At first, missing boat == NOT BUYING bitcoins and waiting for "<$200" forever. You cannot miss the boat NOT SELLING, which is more likely missing local bus that circulates every hour.

If you check my previous posts, you will see at what prices I've bought and you will see that I predicted a trap. Last time i bought at $355 which is pretty fair.
When I suspected that bear trap may happen, and I even sold a small part of my coins (which is very unusual for me as I'm not speculator). I knew it was risky move but I got rewarded with +200BTC.

Nicely done. I expected a dip over the weekend, and was really tempted to sell on Friday evening around $350 to buy back below $300. But last time I tried to catch a dip, I lost out big time, so I decided against selling...  Sad

Boxman lol, I'm sorry but sounds like you're the whiny one: wishing you had caught the selloff? I know I am! Yeah I'm envious, but I made my descision, fair play to zeroday for making a good call.
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:42:44 PM

Boxman90, this is the internet. You don't win penis points by calling bullshit on a random trader's claim based on your personal perception that they are "whiny." STFU already  Roll Eyes

People do make winning trades in bitcoin and people do make money off of butthurt bears. Get over it already. If the possibility gets your panties all up in a bunch, the least you can do is sulk about it in private rather than accusing other posters of making it all up because of their "whininess" (btw hardly a logical claim - whininess = lying liarface? Or even bragging = lying liarface? Spock would frown. FROWN. And yes you cannot "miss the boat" by not selling.)

Haha, you don't win that many penis points by telling others to STFU on the internet and making sketchy Star Trek references either. Cheesy

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:48:06 PM

Riiiight. To make 200 BTC you'd have to have sold about 1000 at 350 and bought back right at 280. You can't realistically offload 1000BTC at decent prices during a panic drop. I'm calling bullshit, mate.

Boxman90, this is the internet. You don't win penis points by calling bullshit on a random trader's claim based on your personal perception that they are "whiny." STFU already  Roll Eyes

People do make winning trades in bitcoin and people do make money off of butthurt bears. Get over it already. If the possibility gets your panties all up in a bunch, the least you can do is sulk about it in private rather than accusing other posters of making it all up because of their "whininess" (btw hardly a logical claim - whininess = lying liarface? Or even bragging = lying liarface? Spock would frown. FROWN. And yes you cannot "miss the boat" by not selling.)

How can you have made money off bears in Bitcoin recently? They have certainly profited whenever they turned bears and won't buy back at higher prices. In a highly speculative market like this one, bulls are making profit when they turn to bears -- and that profit comes from other bulls.

@Quote by Boxman90: We have a lot of exchanges doing a lot of volume. Unless you have very detailed information on the trader, offloading 4-digits may be possible at the weirdest times.

As a casually observing bear, I wonder about these weird misconceptions about people being "butthurt" or "whiny" about "missing the boat" -- none of these applies here any more than on Google stocks, gold ten years ago or anything else one did not personally profit from. It's not realistic to assume that everyone suddenly realizes a past prediction as perfect and regrets not having acted upon it, i.e. believes it would have been easy to make that prediction in advance.

You win some, you loose some, and you don't play at all in over 99.9% of possible speculations. Though there can be some emotional attachment to a speculation one might have played in, that's a far shot from regretting not having done so. Could I have made a lot of money on the latest rise? Sure. Did I have a valid and significant prediction of it? No. Is it reasonable to regret not having profited off something that I did not predict? That would be nonsensical.

So when I read the numerous posts that implicitly insult bears for their missed profits -- as opposed to a lack of insight -- I feel more bewildered than offended.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: