Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit is so unfair  (Read 1428 times)
piececake24

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:53:43 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 12:59:23 PM by piececake24

Constructive post is just not enough they looking for a better content  cause  a lot of members making   a multiple account and having a high ranks in just a short time cause they knew the system routine they just preventing this to happened   lot of shit poster
At first I'm wondering if those having a multiple  high rankings person relay their merit to their new  account it that's possible

i agree with you i also want to add that many members here are selling their merits which is not fair for those who are making constructive and useful post/comment but still don't get credit to it. Merits system for me is like pleasing somebody here, or by giving useful info to one another that's why doing constructive post isn't enough to get credits most of the time.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:56:35 AM

OP:" merit is so unfair, we can't rank up because of it. I don't understand how it works but I don't get why we need it and why do I need to post a little more quality posts... What is merit tho?"

Just don't pay attention to merit and it will come. Also, don't write half assed posts in topics you don't know about and don't write posts like these because it only shows that you're greedy and impatient.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:09:09 AM
Merited by Kate Beckett (1)

I think it is equally fair to implement the merits, I myself do not have friends in the forum however I do post with all my heart and understanding that could contribute to this forum which is what they really are trying to do. I don’t really think about anyone sending me merits for as long as I feel like my posts are of good quality. Don’t worry, there will come a time someone will give you out merits.
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:10:56 AM

Isn't it so unfair for the people who is new here? That will be struggling making such as good quality post so they could be given a merit by someone. I know all of you is having a hard time thinking what are you going to post such as good quality.

It is really hard to have a merit it is because as far as I know:
People are selfish. Even though you post a really good quality post still there is a people who won't give you a merit.
Some are alone. Like me, I don't really have much friend who would give me a free merit. I know that it is easy to have a merit with a friend that have an account of bitcointalk.

My question is. Why still need merit? We are still struggling to rank because of the merit.

I think that the system is quite fair, because, for example, full and seniormembers also found themselves in a quandary, they need to try very hard to get merits and raise the rank. Merits were not introduced in order to limit the beginners in anything. The system involves reducing the amount of spam on the forum.

I agree that people are mostly selfish, but in fact, there is no point in keeping smerit to yourself. The system just is so far new, only few people have a sufficient number of smerit to distribute it. I'm sure that when the forum participants get used to the new rules, smerits will be given more often.

I'm also alone on this forum, my friends can not send me smerit "for free". But on the other hand, it's good, because those merits that I receive, I consider, as deserved, and they not just sent to me because I'm someone's friend.
chengyinoing

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:14:04 AM

I think it's fair, it's good for the platform, and if you want a higher level, you need to post more quality posts, not trash.

But I think a bit of system can be reformed, there are many new people here, there are too few advantages, many people are not so easy to upgrade.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:29:27 AM

Isn't it so unfair for the people who is new here? That will be struggling making such as good quality post so they could be given a merit by someone. I know all of you is having a hard time thinking what are you going to post such as good quality.

People are selfish. Even though you post a really good quality post still there is a people who won't give you a merit.
Some are alone. Like me, I don't really have much friend who would give me a free merit. I know that it is easy to have a merit with a friend that have an account of bitcointalk.

My question is. Why still need merit? We are still struggling to rank because of the merit.

It has its pros and cons. I think you are a little mistaking it being unfair, with the difficulty to obtain it. I know that many people don't actually give much attention to checking out the content of another person's reply, and that's what's make it difficult to get merits. According to the forum manager, the main purpose of enabling this merit system is to avoid people from spamming or flooding unwanted and non-sense contents that do no good in this forum. If you consider that, then they have a valid reason. It's just that I wish the amount is not so much, since they have to accept that when a person gives a merit point, it's extra effort on his part, which is not usually happening.

conge

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:41:41 AM

whether merit is really made to kill spamers, I think this system is unfair because some merit is distributed to friends or certain people. and if there are people who are right to share freely with regard to violating community rules, fix this merit system please note that new members can have a good rank. spamers in this forum also have a good impact to make this forum more alive in communicating. there may be a better system for this forum to be more just for the beginner.
Sidiq SP

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:43:47 AM

me too, whether my fate will also be stalled until the rank of full member, from the moment of validity of merit until now, has never though merit increase even though it's just one, sometimes I also to think, how ya fate friends who are still below me, whether forever also ga will rise rank ??
joshua10

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:47:26 AM

for me it is not unfair to the merit system because by merit we can learn to make a quality post so that we can contribute to our forum so many newbie learns by reading the post here we will admit that it is hard work of merit points but if the quality post is what you are doing you will definitely get a merit.

Jico79

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:00:18 AM

Where there are separate rules not only on this forum. Once you accept the conditions. If not spam filtering can not manage it all. If you receive money through posts on this forum but for some reason you do not receive then who is responsible? That is the problem forum administrators are doing.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:04:52 AM

It is also the newbies who spam the forum to death that form this new system. So, live with it, honestly it's hard but I think this is just right, and if posting and spamming signature is your only business in this forum then I think you have to rethink.

Actually what I see right now is that there are few who don't care about giving away their merits, maybe, unless someone would give them merit too, except those higher ranks here who really care about the welfare of the forum.

Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:06:14 AM

Oh man you hit the center, everything you stated above is 100% truth. I am not speaking of selfishness but rather about being alone here on the forum. People are cheating with merits, some good friends can merit stupid posts to each other. also some of them are making fake accounts in order to progress with merits. I don't track such people but majority of them is coming from specific nations.
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:24:13 AM

See its a new thing being added by the admins of the forum and we should appreciate the step taken by him and supports him instead of posting such threads hundred of times.This system forces the people to post good quality topics instead of posting anything they desire to and for some it could be bad as they can't get merit easily but we cant change anything now so it's better to be the part of system instead of making discussions about it.
almersyn

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:17:23 AM

The application of merit is an incorrect decision. I as a new user in this forum feel unfair
doge_shit666

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:25:32 AM

Yes I agree with your opinion. It is not fair to give Merit a good article. In fact, no one can give us just their friends and relatives. They never give us a good article. I hope that the forum can issue new policies that help us grow in this forum. We will be loyal customers to you on this forum. Thank you everyone.
Bitlord88

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:33:01 AM

I totally agree with you brother... Merit is almost impossible to attain; you are dead right about people being selfish, why would a stranger give his only of very very few smerit to another poser. Let's face it, in reality almost no body does that. You can think and write all day but your efforts will be futile. Merit is however very favorable to those already in the upper tier or ranks as they already have a lot of fixed merit when this system was implemented. People say it is to weed of the spammers and nonsense posers but in reality it is not really helping members who aren't ranked that high; I can't even see the difference from before where there is no merit. I may sound harsh to you but I'm only voicing what the majority is feeling and experiencing right now. Life is unfair.. but we have to deal with it. Good day.
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:37:56 AM

Maybe i look at it as a challenge. I dont care anymore. Before i think the same but now. Why would i stress myself over something i cannot change. Just be positive and do the right thing. Who knows tomorrow might be different from today. Forcus on other things and not just on merit.
Tiktik

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:49:59 AM

merit is unfair but we need to accept this because this is not ours so we need to follow the rules we are people who use this to get money and this is free to all accept this and move on just go with the flow because allof us ened to accept this but some quality post even you have a lot of quality post n oone wants to give a merits  this is not good when we talk about merits.
inooll00

Activity: 165
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:57:42 AM

How do you respond to this?

I hope there will be no more protesting merit, fair or not it depends on the way of thinking.
Theo222

Activity: 449

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:10:42 AM

yes the merit system is very unfair to me to us to all friends to all member of this forum because we need to be famous enough to receive merits. even we post good they think our post is not so pro like them thats why they cant give us merits.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: