Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Historical mining calculator?  (Read 6068 times)
itod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:15:05 AM

Is there any software/site where you can enter two dates in the past + hashrate, and get the result how many BTC was mined in the period between these two dates?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:14:23 AM

I think most of them are to project future earnings. You're looking to see if they've been paying you the correct amounts??

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
itod (OP)
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:27:36 AM

I think most of them are to project future earnings. You're looking to see if they've been paying you the correct amounts??

Yes, that among the other things. Would also be very useful for analysis if some decision not to buy some hardware was correct or not.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:35:52 PM

Maybe you can make one =)  Or team up with someone to make it.  It's not a bad idea.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
itod (OP)
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 11:42:39 PM

Maybe you can make one =)  Or team up with someone to make it.  It's not a bad idea.

That's one of the reasons I've asked the question. There's no point to duplicate work. Regarding the few responses I've got it either doesn't exists or I've posted in the wrong subforum, maybe Development subforum was a better idea, but I thought the miners would know if one exists.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:29:33 AM

My 6870s were making about 0.136BTC/day in January 2012 and they cost me about $140USD.  To get the same 0.136BTC/day today you would need 1/5 of a KNC Jupiter - so roughly $1000USD.   I sold my 6870s for $100s 2 years after purchase, doubt I would get $100 for KNC in 2 years.

Even with the 1/2ing the current pricing models are outside of equilibrium.  Anybody buying devices now is just gambling on fast ship times and trying to beat others to the punch.  I doubted the network would hit 1PH by this time - apparently I was wrong.  I guess some people will buy hardware even if means losing $.  Stronger network I guess  Huh
itod (OP)
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:01:18 AM

My 6870s were making about 0.136BTC/day in January 2012 and they cost me about $140USD.  To get the same 0.136BTC/day today you would need 1/5 of a KNC Jupiter - so roughly $1000USD.   I sold my 6870s for $100s 2 years after purchase, doubt I would get $100 for KNC in 2 years.

Even with the 1/2ing the current pricing models are outside of equilibrium.  Anybody buying devices now is just gambling on fast ship times and trying to beat others to the punch.  I doubted the network would hit 1PH by this time - apparently I was wrong.  I guess some people will buy hardware even if means losing $.  Stronger network I guess  Huh

It doubt that majority is buying whit awareness they are going to lose money and contributing to the network. There are two other factors, first many people still don't get the concept that if they invest USD and get more USD they may be in a huge loss, because they would get more USD if they didn't buy equipment and bought BTC in the firs place. For them fiat is the only currency that counts. Second factor is many people buy miners ill-informed. It takes time and effort to figure all the factors. Calculator we are talking about in this thread may help with these a lot, it would be in the plain site historical profitability of every peace of equipment that ever where, without the input of actual owners/manufacturers. Try to get that info now.
TheDragonSlayer

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:16:46 AM

Is there any software/site where you can enter two dates in the past + hashrate, and get the result how many BTC was mined in the period between these two dates?

Non, but u can calculate your self using the difficulty and your hash rate.

Gotta go fast!

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:15:30 PM

You could do it yourself, if you know how to code. You need to calculate the historical difficulty.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:16:59 PM

You mean like this: http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ ? (with manual form filling for each month)
itod (OP)
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:34:27 PM

You mean like this: http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ ? (with manual form filling for each month)

No, I've meant to do it comfortably, with some database with historic difficulty, which will extrapolate the projected difficulty for each day in the past. You enter the start and end date, and the hashrate. Optionally the power consumption, but it's easy to calculate manually since it doesn't change through time. There are no other variables, you should get how much BTC is mined in that period.
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:41:29 PM

i dont think that calculator is invented

Moshi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:08:35 PM

No, I've meant to do it comfortably, with some database with historic difficulty, which will extrapolate the projected difficulty for each day in the past. You enter the start and end date, and the hashrate. Optionally the power consumption, but it's easy to calculate manually since it doesn't change through time. There are no other variables, you should get how much BTC is mined in that period.

Unfortunately, your best bet would probably be to calculate it manually and do some interpolation. Alternatively, a little bit of javascript could conceivably do the same with one of the calculators avaliable: grab the difficulty between each retarget, calculate that number, and add all of the results. Roundabout, but about the easiest I could come up with.
TheDragonSlayer

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:46:08 AM

Lets hope for someone to come out with this type of calculator...

rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:30:47 AM

Lets hope for someone to come out with this type of calculator...

if ppl are paying some BTCs someone will create it Cheesy

jabetizo

Activity: 125
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

bump, does this exist yet?

itod (OP)
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:30:06 PM

bump, does this exist yet?

Unfortunately not. Seems nobody has a time to code it. Maybe some incentive in donations would speed things up. Wonder if there is interest to do that.
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:46:53 AM

sounds interesting, if its really not existing i would help to develop such a tool.

data needed is

- raw historical data for difficulty over time (change each 2016 blocks)
- date of halving bitcoins per block from 50 to 25 (should be after 210k blocks)

if someone can provide this data, i could find only charts or incomplete data.
itod (OP)
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:50:09 PM

sounds interesting, if its really not existing i would help to develop such a tool.

data needed is

- raw historical data for difficulty over time (change each 2016 blocks)
- date of halving bitcoins per block from 50 to 25 (should be after 210k blocks)

if someone can provide this data, i could find only charts or incomplete data.

- Historical data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiFMBvXvL2dtdEZkR2J4eU5rS3B4ei1iUmJxSWNlQ0E#gid=0

- Halving from 50 to 25 BTC happened on block 210000, 2012-11-28 15:24:38, next one from 25 to 12.5 will be on block 420000. It's enough for you to start Wink
Und3rd0g

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:40:38 AM

Following is a link to a bitcoin calculator in Excel that I have been improving and maintaining for some time now.  It is based on an original model created by the folks at Bitmain.  The historical data is current as of the last difficulty change.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1DkFD-cfVr4d2NkV2hyWTE2NVk/edit?usp=sharing

PM me with any question or enhancement requests.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: