Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:16:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solution to Dwolla problems - Bitcoin Storefronts & Stores that sell Bitcoins  (Read 1933 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:08:19 AM

I can foresee stores holding bitcoins and having signs that say, "We Sell Bitcoins". Then people will pay cash for bitcoins and have them instantly. First though, I envision bitcoin stores which ultimately go out of business as shops that have other business, pick up the slack. They may charge a slight fee, but the convenience will be well worth it. If I'm on Main Street and I see a sign like that, i'll be sure to frequent the place as often as possible.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:11:21 AM

unless these shops are early adopters, where would they get enough bitcoins to sell?  how many early adopters have setup storefronts?
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 04:13:08 AM

unless these shops are early adopters, where would they get enough bitcoins to sell?  how many early adopters have setup storefronts?

Buy them from an exchange and then sell them for a slight premium. Simple way to make a few bucks.

I can also see these stores actually selling cheaper and not more expensive because they don't have to worry about chargebacks / credit card fees.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:16:49 AM

Bullion dealers, jewelry stores, pawn shops and check cashing services would be ideal because they can handle larger exchanges and they already have the security measures in place. If you own one of these types of businesses here is a new profit center for you!
lacedwithkerosene

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 04:37:07 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2011, 09:14:17 PM by lacedwithkerosene

I own bitcoinstorefront.com  ... therefore I own the solution  Cool

Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 08:34:37 PM

It has happened....

I just broke the news about 30 minutes ago, live on The Bitcoin Show....

The World's First ( to our knowledge ), brick and mortar retailer who now SELLS AND BUYS BITCOIN FOR CASH....

It's in New York City.

It's called, http://MezeGrill.com

Full Disclosure:   Meze Grill is a sponsor of The Bitcoin Show, and a great friend.   And Meze Grill is one of our favorite restaurants...  for the food...   not just for the Bitcoins.    Smiley
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:27:53 PM

Bruce,
you are the man.
let's make sure you help others to reapply it across the world.

Bruce Wagner

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 09:29:55 PM

Bruce,
you are the man.
let's make sure you help others to reapply it across the world.

Thanks!

Sorry for repeating this....   It's just SO exciting!    Right!?

You can now buy and sell Bitcoins any time you want to.....

• Monday - Thursday: 7AM - 10PM
  • Friday: 7AM - 9PM
  • Saturday: 11AM - 9PM
  • Sunday: Noon - 9PM

....in the heart of Midtown Manhattan at Columbus Circle on 8th Avenue between 55th and 56th Streets.    

They are located at:   934 8th Ave.     http://mezegrill.com/hours_directions.html

They will do a daily limit of $500, and charge a fee of 6% in either direction.

For now, please make an appointment via email prior to going:     bitcoin@mezegrill.com 
BitcoinLocator

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 09:30:49 PM

Try out www.bitcoinlocator.com.  This is exactly what it's for.
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 11:49:56 PM

Try out www.bitcoinlocator.com.  This is exactly what it's for.

I like it!   

There are no other brick and mortar retail stores selling bitcoin yet, are there?
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 12:11:14 AM

Bruce, not yet but they're coming. Services like your BTCNearMe.com, BitcoinLocator.com, TradeBitcoin.com, and Ubitex.com are key to helping this along.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 12:47:15 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2011, 01:12:32 AM by bitrebel

Remember all those little hole in the wall pager stores that no longer exist? They will be selling bitcoins soon. The Metro PCS store that went out of business is now a bitcoin shop. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

That's great you, or someone, Bruce, talked Meze into doing this. It's a start.

error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 12:54:18 AM

The Metro PCS store that went out of business is not a bitcoin shop.

Too bad. Somebody could make a lot of money by opening a bitcoin exchange there.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 01:13:10 AM

The Metro PCS store that went out of business is not a bitcoin shop.

Too bad. Somebody could make a lot of money by opening a bitcoin exchange there.

Oops, I meant to say, it's "Now" a bitcoin shop....
But we are on the same page, Error.

Bruce Wagner

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 04:33:13 AM

Yes, of course....   You know it.....   I talked my friends at Meze Grill into it.   

But it was easy.   They've pretty much become Bitcoin evangelists by now.  :-)

And.....

Oh, the irony....    You're talking about a MetroPCS dealer that went out of business...

MetroPCS is my favorite cell phone company within the USA.   They're growing the fastest.   And their data service has gone from the slowest in America, to the fastest in America.   It's far better service, better signal, and faster data than the second best carrier: Verizon.

Meanwhile....  Two MetroPCS dealer locations in Manhattan already accept Bitcoin.... and as soon as I get a moment to drop in and see them, I'm pretty certain I'll easily be able to convince them to follow Meze Grill's lead... and agree to SELL AND BUY BITCOINS at both of their Manhattan locations.    :-)
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 04:54:28 AM

Yes, of course....   You know it.....   I talked my friends at Meze Grill into it.   

But it was easy.   They've pretty much become Bitcoin evangelists by now.  :-)

And.....

Oh, the irony....    You're talking about a MetroPCS dealer that went out of business...

MetroPCS is my favorite cell phone company within the USA.   They're growing the fastest.   And their data service has gone from the slowest in America, to the fastest in America.   It's far better service, better signal, and faster data than the second best carrier: Verizon.

Meanwhile....  Two MetroPCS dealer locations in Manhattan already accept Bitcoin.... and as soon as I get a moment to drop in and see them, I'm pretty certain I'll easily be able to convince them to follow Meze Grill's lead... and agree to SELL AND BUY BITCOINS at both of their Manhattan locations.    :-)

You're the Bitcoin Hero, Bruce. Someone should make a bitcoin based comic book superhero out of your persona. A true activist. Good going!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: