Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:06:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We Need To Shut Bitcoin And All Other Cryptocurrencies Down. Here's Why.  (Read 563 times)
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:08:43 AM

The article is about permissioned and permissiomless blockchain which is synonymous to decentalized and centralized cryptocurrency. What lies beneath that the government and large corporations are the one who wants to shut down bitcoin as it may attract to some criminals to do mining to funds their illegal activities,  once a criminal is always a criminal. Anything that has monetary benefits are also attracting the criminals. Mining and trading cryptocurrnecy opens a door of oppurtunity to some citizens where you can transact minimal amount compare to stock market which require large amount of money to trade and invest. Cryptocurrency is a big threat to many large corporations, if they can't beat them, join them that is plain and simple.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:29:27 AM

Nothing new in this article contains. The same charges against the crypto currency that it can be used for criminal purposes. And what can not be used for criminal purposes? Terrorists now use cars to crash into the crowd to sow panic in Europe. Maybe we will give up cars? Or here in London they attacked passers-by with knives. Will we ban knives? All these attacks on the crypto currency are stupid to impossible. Of course, many people do not like the development of the crypto currency, it violates the established system of profit distribution and therefore a lot of money is spent to discredit the crypto currency. This was to be expected.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:43:13 AM

Hi everyone! I found this quite overly dramatic article on forbes and was wondering what you think. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2018/03/10/we-need-to-shut-bitcoin-and-all-other-cryptocurrencies-down-heres-why/#4662eb0c1bca

Anyone seen it? What's your thoughts? Fair point or total bullocks?
\

Its a FUD sir, There is no way that bitcoin can be shutted down. If it is way back 2010 then its possible but with the massive adoption of blockchain technology on every sectors in our world (financial, healthcare, sports, entertainment etc..) shutting down or stopping the crypto is impossible

KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:49:49 AM

Hi everyone! I found this quite overly dramatic article on forbes and was wondering what you think. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2018/03/10/we-need-to-shut-bitcoin-and-all-other-cryptocurrencies-down-heres-why/#4662eb0c1bca

\

Its a FUD sir, There is no way that bitcoin can be shutted down. If it is way back 2010 then its possible but with the massive adoption of blockchain technology on every sectors in our world (financial, healthcare, sports, entertainment etc..) shutting down or stopping the crypto is impossible
Everyone of us have different perspectives about how the cryptocurrency adopt in their life. And we know that all things have metit and demerit. So for me, criminals are always in the sorroundings they find a good timing to do crime or baf things. We can't shutdown the cryptocurrency radily because we know all of us was have benefit in the cryptos. So my only suggestion is always be ready for what happen and secure your coins for all people that make bad things
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:18:33 PM

First of all, we should understand that it's not just something about Bitcoin but the fundamentals of money and control of values.  It doesn't make any sense to me to hire/appoint someone to manage my values for me if I am not willing to do so. When it comes to the innovation of Bitcoin/blockchain, it is happening first time in the history of mankind that we are able to trust a group of unknown people more than the familiar faces and we know they can't cheat each other. Freedom is life and everyone should respect it everywhere.
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:38:30 PM

\

Yes, man, this is a FUD. Bitcoin will have no shutdown. People will understand (most of them have got it already) that the cryptocurrency is the way to improve their financial situation and start to deal with it.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:50:38 PM

To keep it real though, no one on this board or even all of the boards members combined likely has the power or influence to shut down a local Arby's or 7-11, much less an entire currency.  

sent from my X6
pumbum

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:37:44 PM

as said Vitaly Buterin you can't chase the wolves from this region. The point is not that those who write so - wolves, but that the society of people in itself is, and it does not matter what is based on paper money, or cryptocurrency
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:17:27 PM

In the world there is a huge number of opinions. Someone thinks that the Internet is from the devil. So do not listen to everyone. For crypto currency, the future as it simplifies payment on the Internet. And Behind this is our future

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:21:55 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 05:43:56 PM by KingScorpio

you would need an adolf hitler style holocaust to seriously remove and damage cryptocurrencies.

nevertheless i can imagine that there are forces trying to do exactly that soon anyway, as there are many powerful people losing their power and wealth due to cryptocurrencies and they will try to keep it.

liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:33:27 PM

If this has been true a lot of big companies or govenrment files or private files has been a victim of this said cryptomining criminals or cyberspace criminals already. Having said so it it really occured this will surely make headlines in the local and international media. So far there has been no reports whatsoever linking to this speculative article over any crimes committed all over the world. These of which I believe is another form of attact against bitcoin. Again and again bitcoin and many other popular altcoins will encounter such negative speculations to alter the mind of the people to stray away from cryptocurrencies this way they can cut their loses. Eversince cryptocurrencies has boom the banks has been hit significantly and they were hit hard. So for me this is just to spread panic and there is no truth in this article.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Merit: 107

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:42:16 PM

Good luck for them. It won't be possible to shutdown cryptocurrencies now, simply because they are decentralised. Their arguments are getting more and more ridiculous.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 06:13:07 PM

Good luck for them. It won't be possible to shutdown cryptocurrencies now, simply because they are decentralised. Their arguments are getting more and more ridiculous.

you remember how the last decentralised financial market got shut down?

it is called today:

"the holocaust"

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:32:55 PM

Why is bitcoin always suspected as a tool to launder money? Initially, I also think that way because of the anonymity of bitcoin users and the technology. However, it can not be used as collateral because during this time money laundering always happens by using fiat currency through transaction system service used by existing banks. Instead, I see that the emergence of bitcoin technology can be a solution to the weakness of the transaction system in the form of fiat currency. So, the conclusion is that no system is perfect for us to believe because crime always harnesses from imperfect a system and that can happen to bitcoin depending on the purpose of each user.
Carmen01

Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:24:56 PM

No one will listen to you here even you post a lot of negative about bitcoin because first a lot of users use this for so conveniece in life and no one force you here to do some business so if you experience bad or not good in bitcoin better for you to leave then after that find other that good for your life and actually bitcoin brings so much convenience so better to look what it's worth

wave06 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:32:22 PM

First of all, we should understand that it's not just something about Bitcoin but the fundamentals of money and control of values.  It doesn't make any sense to me to hire/appoint someone to manage my values for me if I am not willing to do so. When it comes to the innovation of Bitcoin/blockchain, it is happening first time in the history of mankind that we are able to trust a group of unknown people more than the familiar faces and we know they can't cheat each other. Freedom is life and everyone should respect it everywhere.

Wise words you all, thanks! I agree, bitcoin (or cryptocurrencies in general) offer something we haven't known for a long time which is not to rely on institutions for representing my financial interests or being able to totally intrude and affect processes in my daily life. I don't think it will be stoppable and quite frankly I think our technological developments will change the world as we know it today fundamentally.
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:42:16 PM

They are just scaremongering to either sell their article to the masses or FUDing under the instructions of scared governments. Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies will not go down (at least not any more!)

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
Bloodseekers

Activity: 763
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:55:20 PM

All bad news about bitcoin such shut down, bitcoin is scam, bitcoin is bla bla.. etc, that news only create to make people panic then start to sell their bitcoin, when the price goes down so all "whales" traders using that moment to buy bitcoin at the cheap price. But i think now all people already now about that
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:08:31 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 03:25:08 PM by peter0425

All bad news about bitcoin such shut down, bitcoin is scam, bitcoin is bla bla.. etc, that news only create to make people panic then start to sell their bitcoin, when the price goes down so all "whales" traders using that moment to buy bitcoin at the cheap price. But i think now all people already now about that
They have their reasons why they keep on attacking bitcoin or the whole crypto. Maybe they wanted to buy at low price or they are just simply a hater because they don't know what crypto is.

But the good thing about bitcoin is that as much as they wanted to bring it down, the more people become interested about it so its still publicity to us. That's why up to know, the market is not that affected significantly and bitcoin still enjoys the support of a lot of people around the globe.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:10:56 AM

The article is about consent ed and authorizations blockchain which is synonymous to decentralized and unified cryptographic money. What lies underneath that the administration and substantial enterprises are the person who needs to close down bitcoin as it might pull in to a few crooks to do mining to stores their unlawful exercises, once a criminal is dependably a criminal. Anything that has financial advantages are additionally drawing in the hoodlums. Mining and exchanging cryptocurrnecy opens an entryway of chance to a few nationals where you can execute insignificant sum contrast with securities exchange which require extensive measure of cash to exchange and contribute. Digital money is a major danger to numerous substantial companies, in the event that they can't beat them, go along with them that is plain and basic.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: