Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fort Hood soldiers say Army warned them off tea party, Christian groups  (Read 3786 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:58:16 PM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/24/fort-hood-army-warned-them-tea-party-christians/

Don’t donate to the tea party or to evangelical Christian groups — that was the message soldiers at a pre-deployment briefing at Fort Hood said they received from a counter-intelligence agent who headed up the meeting.

If you do, you could face punishment — that was the other half of the message, as reported by Fox News.

The briefing was Oct. 17, and about a half-hour of it was devoted to discussion about how perceived radical groups — like tea party organizations and the Christian-based American Family Association — were “tearing the country apart,” one unnamed soldier said, to Fox News.

Among the remarks the agent allegedly made: Military members who donate to these groups would be subject to discipline under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the soldier reported.

Liberty Institute has stepped in to investigate. Michael Berry, one of the nonprofit’s attorneys, said he has been advising the soldier about his options — but that in the meanwhile, he said the American public should be on guard.

“The American public should be outraged that the U.S. Army is teaching our troops that evangelical Christians and tea party members are enemies of America and that they can be punished for supporting or participating in those groups,” Mr. Berry said, in Fox News. “These statements about evangelicals being domestic enemies are a serious charge.”

------------------------------------------------

I had no idea the US Army was involved in selectively targeting US citizens or members of the soldier's family in many cases.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tcp_rst

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:05:13 PM

... as reported by Fox News.
There's your problem right there.  Mainstream media parroting a story reported by a fake news channel.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:46:40 PM

... as reported by Fox News.
There's your problem right there.  Mainstream media parroting a story reported by a fake news channel.

LOL, my thoughts exactly.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:01:05 PM

But according to the mainstream media and the president, foxnews is not mainstream but a fringe. The official sanctioned Mainstream Media are: NPR, CBS, NBC, ABC, NYT, MSNBC, Soros founded Media Matters.org, Politico, Daily Beast, OFA, Salon.com. Grin
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 05:04:59 PM

The Fox news organisation is made up of some of the most stupid people on the planet, they actually believed an onion news network news item was real at one point and just posted it up without thinking, while by itself it's understandable if they didn't realise but they don't even blink when they scream out their stupid shit but that's what most news networks are like anyway.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:31:48 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/24/exclusive-army-halts-training-program-that-labeled-christians-as-extremists/

The Secretary of the Army has ordered military leaders to halt all briefings on extremist organizations that labeled Evangelical Christian groups as domestic hate groups. The shutdown comes just four days after I reported exclusively about a briefing at Mississippi’s Camp Shelby that labeled the American Family Association as a domestic hate group.

“On several occasions over the past few months, media accounts have highlighted instances of Army instructors supplementing programs of instruction and including information or material that is inaccurate, objectionable and otherwise inconsistent with current Army policy,” Army Sec. John McHugh wrote to military leaders in a memorandum I obtained.

McHugh “directed that Army leaders cease all briefings, command presentations or training on the subject of extremist organizations or activities until that program of instruction and training has been created and disseminated,” Army spokesman Col. David Patterson, Jr., tells me.

The Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty welcomed the news and said it was about time the Secretary of the Army intervened.

“Men and women of faith – who have served the Army faithfully for centuries – have been likened to those who regularly threaten the peace and security of the United States,” said Ron Crews, executive director of the Chaplain Alliance. “It is dishonorable for any U.S. military entity to allow this type of improper characterization.”
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:11:25 PM

The Fox news organisation is made up of some of the most stupid people on the planet, they actually believed an onion news network news item was real at one point and just posted it up without thinking, while by itself it's understandable if they didn't realise but they don't even blink when they scream out their stupid shit but that's what most news networks are like anyway.

This type of polarization is the problem, rather than a solution.  I don't particularly understand or like Muslims, those Jews with the funny high hats, Amish, knuckle dragging libtards, and many other types of stereotypes of people. 

But that's different than that is being reported on in this thread. 

Remember, it's you they come for next.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:19:04 PM

But according to the mainstream media and the president, foxnews is not mainstream but a fringe. The official sanctioned Mainstream Media are: NPR, CBS, NBC, ABC, NYT, MSNBC, Soros founded Media Matters.org, Politico, Daily Beast, OFA, Salon.com. Grin

Well, now.

We can't have reporting on Fast and Furious, Bengazi, the IRS Corruption Caper, or other unsavory things that reflect poorly on the administration, can we?

And think about it.  When an Islamic Fort Hood soldier starts shouting Ala Akbar and killing people, we can't have the media labeling him an "Islamic Terrorist", can we?

Why, the silly trouble maker of a Fort Hood soldier should have gone to CNN.  They wouldn't have reported the story.  And we wouldn't have to worry about it.

Little problem there, boys and girls?
inform

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 06:26:04 PM

i rusia
but i know cbs,fox news is controls govs
tcp_rst

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:55:22 PM

This one is hilarious.  Fox News eagerly perpetuating a story from a tabloid as if it's true despite the Marine Corps Commandant today revealing it's a completely false story that never happened:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/24/obama-wants-marines-to-wear-girly-hats/  And it's still on their website as if it's fact.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:25:58 PM

This one is hilarious.  Fox News eagerly perpetuating a story from a tabloid as if it's true despite the Marine Corps Commandant today revealing it's a completely false story that never happened:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/24/obama-wants-marines-to-wear-girly-hats/  And it's still on their website as if it's fact.

Even the title is misogynistic...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:42:51 PM

So do we agree if a story is coming from foxnews it must be fake all the time and should be banned?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/white-houses-fox-news-boy_n_331437.html
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:45:13 PM

So do we agree if a story is coming from foxnews it must be fake all the time and should be banned?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/white-houses-fox-news-boy_n_331437.html
ya - I see a lot of derision and snide remarks in this thread.  But nothing little about the ethics of the OP topic.  I think this means they might agree that the Army's position and actions are wrong, but at the same time they don't like seeing missteps of the administration out in the light of day.  Of course I could be wrong - but we're just left to guess about this, since they don't want to discuss the fact that the Army is snuffing the liberties of its soldiers.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:35:16 AM

ya - I see a lot of derision and snide remarks in this thread.  But nothing little about the ethics of the OP topic.  I think this means they might agree that the Army's position and actions are wrong, but at the same time they don't like seeing missteps of the administration out in the light of day.  Of course I could be wrong - but we're just left to guess about this, since they don't want to discuss the fact that the Army is snuffing the liberties of its soldiers.

Maybe I am wrong but I got less allergic reactions from an alex jones link than a foxnews link. I find this funny as there is no such thing as an agenda free news source. Some loves RT but this won't be the best place to learn about Pussy Riot for example.

If you care about Freedom and not just yours you need to know what ''they'' do to ''others''.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:41:15 AM

Maybe I am wrong but I got less allergic reactions from an alex jones link than a foxnews link. I find this funny as there is no such thing as an agenda free news source. Some loves RT but this won't be the best place to learn about Pussy Riot for example.

If you care about Freedom and not just yours you need to know what ''they'' do to ''others''.

I like The Onion. Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:23:17 AM

I like The Onion. Smiley

Yep! Me too
http://youtu.be/cCyPAaubENE
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:57:22 PM

The story isn't completely false, and did not originate with the New York Post.

It comes from the Marine Times.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20131021/NEWS07/310210028/Marine-Corps-seeks-feedback-on-universal-cover-for-men-and-women
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 05:10:02 PM

The story isn't completely false, and did not originate with the New York Post.

It comes from the Marine Times.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20131021/NEWS07/310210028/Marine-Corps-seeks-feedback-on-universal-cover-for-men-and-women

It is amazing what a little bit of critical thinking using a tool call the internet can do. Some, mostly librarians living between miles long bookshelves, would call it a modern day miracle! Cheesy
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 05:12:55 PM

Even the title is misogynistic...

And the article is racist to the French who are portrayed as unmanly. Roll Eyes
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 05:13:58 PM

The world only censors Truth because it has rejected it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀