Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🤔 How to know if the ICO is Scam??? 😅😅  (Read 248 times)
Chris027 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:43:40 AM

Hello guys can you help me determine if the ICO of token/coin is scam or if its worth to invest in that ICO.

I'm newbie in this kind of project.
So I want to know if its worth it to spend money 🤔🤔🤔
dangful

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 05:06:19 PM

today, it's hard to spot which ICO is better than the other because fake and scam ICOs are too good to be true to their websites, dev staff and other teams.
even scam and fake ICOs having more presentable websites, road maps and other related ICO factors that enables to attract more investors.
I have no problem on spotting ICOs how good or fake they are, I just trying to eye on them and wait them when they bump on coinmarketcap.com and there I will hit invest if they have the potential to increase their price in the near future.

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:10:56 PM

Hello guys can you help me determine if the ICO of token/coin is scam or if its worth to invest in that ICO.

If you new in this forum so don't invest in ICO because lot of scam projects are available in the market. So you should invest in Bitcoin or altcoins this is the best investment in beginners. But after invest in cryptocurrency you have some idea about the investment then you should research and invest in best ICO.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
choin

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:41:42 PM

I found an interesting project based on the blockchain Vreo.io. It provides new in-game advertising opportunities. Due to this, the user's interface continues to work stably without interrupting for advertising breaks. Moreover, the interests of all parties are taken into account. Developers of small games can attract investments and create high-quality products, for advertisers this project will be useful due to the expansion of advertising opportunities and selected target audience, and gamers will be able to receive quality products cheaper, besides they also receive income from the ads they watched, without interrupting the gameplay. It seems the product meets the gaming and advertising industries' needs. Here is their link at bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2886707

Bounty Campaign:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2898738.msg29810876#msg29810876
Telegram grp https://t.me/vreoico

What is your opinion about the project?

jeffbitcoin2018

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:45:56 PM

Its requer ah eth address key ! Or they want to put your eth amount and then ur private key ! Be ware of that it scam
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:52:27 PM

There are many red signs, if the team response in their social media channels is strange or ignoring and they lack transparency in any aspect, or the team is hiding itself then there are more chances that such ico will be a scam.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:54:13 PM

Read the Whitepaper that the coin has on their website to see if they know what they're doing. Most projects that scam have copy and pasted Whitepapers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:55:28 PM

There are many red signs, if the team response in their social media channels is strange or ignoring and they lack transparency in any aspect, or the team is hiding itself then there are more chances that such ico will be a scam.

Exactly. And the team should be answering your questions in the telegram or discord groups. If they're not giving you direct answers and they are beating around the bush, I'd let that one go.

Foxdub

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:59:33 PM

Hi,to identify if its a scam you should access to the ico from websites reviewing these icos, thats a safe way.
Than its also important to make your own researches to see if the project is valuable, but that's not to see if it's a scam..
Don't trust so much all emails you will receive, connect to the ico always from the same access point
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

This has been asked multiple times.. Answers are the usual, hard to spot, don't invest in ICO's, 90% ICO's are scams.... There will be that guy that comes with a good answer, but before he does, you might want to read a thread about this. Just used the search function in Altcoin Discussions.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1593587.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=search2

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
terzy

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:03:43 PM

It depends on many factors! The first thing to consider is, will the coin even be around in five years? A lot of companies has a fancy talk, and get you excited by crazy ideas. When push comes to shove, what problem are they solving and do you believe it is necessary? At the end of the day, will another bitcoin clone really be needed? The second thing is: Do they have the team necessary to succeed? Do they have a team page? Does the team page give a good bio and introduction to their qualifications? Do these people exist on social media and does it correlate with their bio? If they don't have any of this it's a red flag for me! Unrealistic goals are also red flag! If the whitepaper sets an unrealistic schedule, it either means the developers are using deceptive tactics to attract token buyers or they lack the necessary experience to give a sensible scope to the project. Either way, this is not good for the success of the project.

Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:13:36 PM

Some basic things to look out for while determining whether an ICO is a scam or not after knowing and researching everything about it are-
  • If the project sounds way too promising it is probably a scam,
  • If the roadmap is impractical
  • Their team has fake members (once I came across a project whose CEO was Ryan Reynolds!)
These are just some basic things to look out whether the project is legit or not. But nowadays it has become really hard to determine whether a project is Ponzi or not. As you are a newbie, I would suggest refrain from investing in ICOs rather look for coins already on the exchanges with great concepts and are doing well and invest when the market encounters a dip.
HartleyDrake

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:27:37 PM

First, you read the Whitepaper and then research the coin on another website.
bimbie

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:37:47 PM

Read the projects proposal and research on it and make sure that the members are reachable/visible in any queries that you ask them.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:44:45 PM

To know if the ICO is a scam, you need to conduct some research. Read their whitepaper and look for the members and advisors because some SCAM ICOs are using pictures of other people. You can also read posts on this forum regarding the project.
shazib083

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:48:34 PM

First read the Whitepaper carefully and try to investigate the team members and advisory board. If you get the clear background of the team members and advisory, then you can try to invest. Moreover, find such ICOs which have a existing project and if they have a existing valuable prototype to gather public fund then its good to invest. Also make some query in Github if they have good development in the project or not. Finally make your own diligent before investing in any ICO rather than rushing on the presentable websites and other related ICO factors that enables to attract more dump investors.
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:52:50 PM

ICO is always a very risky engagement. If you can't wait for the coins to be listed an the exchange, then only risk money you won't cry losing. It has never been easy spotting the fraudulent ones no matter how hard you attempt.

However, don't listen to posters pestering you to buy into the signature ICO logo they have. Avoid them like Moses and the plaques.
zentcoin

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:53:01 PM

Well, I personally advise to do your good research before investing in any project.
- study WP thoroughly ( I can say that many projects' WP is just pretty words with no sense or real application)
- look at the listings and the rating (such as ICO bench - that's one of the best)
- check the team and when they started to work on the project (as for me, I don't trust teams that have no linkedin pages or relevant background)
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:56:43 PM

Also, if you are really newbie, don't invest in ico, first, gain experience in this field, take a part in some airdrops, bounties, read whitepapers. Read about last scams, giza, denaro.  How to understand if the ico is scam? look at team, product, soft and hardcap and roadmap. Cool if the project already has a working product, less chances for scam, but not zero anyway Grin

sonphamuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:58:44 PM

Even though the ICO you want know scam or not. The first step is to consult and thoroughly research the project. When you do not find out but invest your money around the money will be around your money will be deposited quite long and have to wait for some positive news from the project. And will lose the opportunity cost for another ICO Cryptocurrency
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: