Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:07:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many types of Altcoin are there?  (Read 412 times)
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:23:07 PM

There are very, very many projects today that are very well developed and those that do not develop at all, I think that there are more such projects, well, in a couple of years, I think that most of the projects that do nothing just disappear.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:50:16 PM

Now that there is a lot of Altcoin in the market, do you know how many types it has?

Obviously, there really are quite a lot of types of crypto currencies or altcoins out there and the number is increasing. Now, without someone keeping track of how fast the numbers are increasing for us, it will be pretty hard to point out exactly just how much types of altcoins there really are here in the crypto world. But still, it is really possible for anyone to know if he does take the time and effort to really look at all the coins out there if he is really curious. which is clearly pretty taxing for anyone.
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:19:42 AM

I think there is only one kind of altcoin. Btc, Eth, Lite, all of these coins and other coins are all cryptocurrencies. There is no such thing as a classification of a specific coin. They all use blockchain technology and i would say that the only difference between these coins is their value. One coin is not special compared to other because they are all the same, the only contradiction that separates them is the consistency of its value.

worldooftanks

Activity: 266
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:41:49 AM

Altcoins appear every day and just disappear,but not all of them are of what value. According https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/ there are now 1524 altcoins.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:53:50 AM

I don't know the exact numbers of altcoins. Maybe we should base on the coins which are registered on the coinmarketcap. Their numbers is continuosly growing because there are still ongoing ICOs and cryptocurrency is now becoming more popular all over the world.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:59:57 AM

Now that there is a lot of Altcoin in the market, do you know how many types it has?

I never counted it, I think pretty much maybe thousands of coins, in marketcap alone there are 1594 altcoin. the number of very many, even impossible to find out all. and most altcoins have no future, even left by the developers
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 10:26:48 AM

I would share the altcoins by the consensus mechanisms that they use. There are already a great number of consensus algorithms, I will not disclose their theoretical part, I'll give just examples.
1. Proof Of Work / PoW (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero, ZCash, Dogecoin, etc).
2. Proof of Stake / PoS (VCash, BitBay, Peercoin, Qtum, Stratis, etc).
3. Proof of Stake Time / PoST (Vericoin).
4. Delegated Proof Of Stake / DPOS (Steemit, EOS, BitShares).
5. TAPOS.
6. dBFT (NEO).
7. BFT (Hyperledger, Stellar, Dispatch, and Ripple).
8. Proof Of Activity (Ethereum Kovan).
9. Proof Of Burn (Slimcoin).
10. Proof of Weight (Algorand, Filecoin, Chia).
11. Proof of Capacity.
12. Proof of Storage (SC).
13. Proof of Checkpoint / PoC.
14. Proof of Importance (NEM).
15. Directed Acyclic Graphs (Iota, Hashgraph, Raiblocks/Nano).

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
Ikay

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:31:21 AM

there are a thousands of tokens in markets like coin market cap so definitely coins are should have many types by its own criteria so you can check it in markets and count it so you can find any disadvantage of any coins that they have.
kashwin663

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:46:38 PM

Crypto currencies as currency like bitcoin litecoin dashmonero and there is programing fuel Ethereum NEO and like Crypto currencies solving current problems gambling token and Supporting coins support others coin sometimes 1coin belong to more than 1 categories and  voting and related activities this is will enable the immutable tracking of voting by an individual and relies on identification being a part of the block chain world and there is also Information Technology coins and  Social and Media
Bitcoinage_official

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:38:05 PM

Really depends how you define a type. If you consider a privacy coin like Monero to be a different "type" as a true currency like bitcoin then the possibility of an almost infinite amount of types exists as there will always be another sector or branch any individual coin could be in.
didau

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:59:47 PM

Marinecoin is one of the most promising projects.   The ICO only requires you to do proof of promotion to be part of the awesome mtc ccommunity. Marinecoin is a self sustaining, zero fees, dev-less time dilution technology which has been tested over time and has stood the the tests of time.It is a free event. 20000 MTC for each member participating in the community and promoting Marinecoin to people around the world. They all think to the community and are very safe when no one has to put their money into buying an ICO.Marinecoin has developed a unique wallet for MTC owners to keep it. You can use your wallet online or wallet on your computer. If you use wallet, you can download it on Windows, MAC. avoiding the risk for everyone.  This is a first a self sustaining community. Future looks bright for Marinecoin  marineco.in  . 2018 is going to be a very exciting year for cryptocurrency  One of the big and upcoming coins is MTC. heir goal is to create a blockchain that is five times faster than Bitcoin. MTC is the ticker for marinecoin. And then javis AI  will analyse the applications for proof of promotion to make sure only genuine applicants receive the ico Marinecoin dates back to 2014 but the cryptocurrency world was not ready for it yet and the crypto market overall was stagnant.Marinecoin ecosystem is designed to be able to protect itself.it is a fair crypto coin that will be handed out evenly among paricipants of the ICO to give it true value. Marinecoin is the crypto currenncy of the future where javis artificial intelligence  will set the standard for all crypto currenncy.   Marinecoin is dev-less artificial intelligence cryptocurrency that has low fees and eco-friendly.
Join the discord group to talk about this project. : discordapp.com/invite/zpQyDu6 or telegram:  t.me/MarinecoinMTC
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:05:18 PM

There are thousands of altcoins available in the usage and many of them being launched everyday so you can go to coinmarketcap and see how many altcoin available there.But now people using crypto currency as an money making tool not as currency.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:05:26 PM

if you mean the amount of bitcoin in the market then the answer is very much, because every day there will be a new coin coming and many coin are removed, so the amount of altcoin will not be stable.

Stewart66

Activity: 630

https://www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:11:04 PM

there are a thousands of tokens in markets like coin market cap so definitely coins are should have many types by its own criteria so you can check it in markets and count it so you can find any disadvantage of any coins that they have.
it is true even more days this number will increase, not to mention there are coins that have branches such as bitcoin so since then sometimes the market can not follow this and the effect is the mass price reduction I think every coin does not need to make its branch because it will be very harmful to the coin

buypermajun

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:56:11 PM

Marinecoin - The project marineco.in/ is very good  and i think it is the best in 2018 because it can develop in the future.Payment System in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iotclik https marineco.in/ico to do some steps and get 20000 MTC FREE.I introduce this project: hmarineco.in . it’s really good.You can earn up to 20,000 MTCJoin the discord group to talk about this project. : discordapp.com/invite/zpQyDu6 or telegram:  t.me/MarinecoinMTC
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:28:57 PM

There several altcoins out there which no body can really give the appropriate number, if you wish to use CMC, that may give you a wrong figure because new altcoins are surfacing on dailly basis, there are many of them that are yet to be listed on CMC.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 04:24:39 PM

There is a huge list of altcoins available in the market.You can get all listed altcoins information on coinmarketcap as mostly all altcoins available on their platform.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
nambunamba

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:26:46 PM

there is a lot altcoin out there and i would say its too much to remember all of them. just buy coin in top 100 - top 200 other coin might be just a useless coin that dont have a future at all.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
phucdigan

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:59:13 PM

I like air drops, but I learned about them recently. This is an excellent alternative to the subscription campaign.
Taking the opportunity, I can advise a great air drop. You can receive 20,000 Marinecoins daily, simply by writing a post about Marinecoin.
The coin is unique in history, surpassing the capitalization of bitcoins!

The project is reborn.
Now the coin is already traded on the stock exchange (true at home, but this is only the beginning).
Now happens fair distribution (with proof of promotion), with the aim of expand the community.
The coin will have many technologies and extensions ahead (dev-less, self sustaining, machine to machine, artificial intelligence).
Therefore, I believe that it will gain value in the future.
More details can be found after the end of the distribution.
Dharmendrax

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:20:08 PM

You can find easily from coinmarketcap. You will get All info about how many coin running in crypto market.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: