- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin sCrypt | BTCs is BACK!  (Read 44852 times)
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 10:31:56 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 01:02:36 PM by MaGNeT

Update 2018/01/10

BitcoinScrypt is back!

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-scrypt

New topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2579150

http://bitcoinscrypt.co
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 10:34:40 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 06:45:28 PM by MaGNeT

Though it seems to be safe to use Bitcoin Scrypt on a computer running a BTC wallet, I advice you to always keep at least one back-up of your Bitcoin SHA256 wallet.dat before installing Bitcoin Scrypt.

Keeping a (encrypted) back-up of your wallets isn't a bad idea anyway. Are you prepared against harddrive crashes, lightning strikes, virusses and / or damaged wallets?

edit: since update 1.2 Bitcoin sCrypt no longer uses the "Bitcoin" roaming folder but the "Bitcoin-sCrypt" roaming folder, so safety is no longer an issue. If you don't see you Bitcoin sCrypt coins, move your wallet.dat to the new roaming folder. Always have back-ups for all your wallets.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

Some words from the creator of Bitcoin Scrypt, "Omega6":

When Bitcoin was first created it was mined using just a cpu and only used as a mess about hacking currency but also just to see if we could do it in the first place.

Then can the greed came in, which moved it onto GPU's which is fair enough, just like the internet, it spread and became more or less decentralised and pretty much everyone in this gaming world has a GPU.

Now, with the birth of the ASIC, Bitcoin SHA is not decentralised even for a second and if you believe that, then maybe you shouldn't mine it or think long and hard about it.

ASIC's put the power into the hands of governments, the rich and the powerful (Manufactures).

The governments know what they are doing with Bitcoin, to suck you in and then slowly take control.

This is why I created Bitcoin Scrypt, a new Bitcoin currency that I will fully support and is free of ASIC control and once again as Bitcoin should be.

I want this to be the rebirth of Bitcoin once again BACK into the hands of the people.

Thank you for reading.

source: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1216-the-true-reason-behind-bitcoin-scrypt
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:14:14 AM

So exactly who is the developer?

~BCX~
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 09:15:20 AM

So exactly who is the developer?

~BCX~

It's easy to find him. All the information is in the OP, you just have to know how to use "Google". It's a well known user with a good reputation on Bitcointalk.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:50:45 AM

this will be drama central.. it already started.
i asked about it on Crytsy chat and next thing you know i am being called names and threatened with a ban
then i had to listen to people make excuses why i had to defend myself for an hr after that..
i am soo utterly sick of dealing with you people that go there ..i'm done, your not the kind of people i want to associate with or talk to
its rarely useful and full of jerks who want to have a a little efight online.

Screw this dumb coin.. screw Cryptsy and the idiots that hang out there.
I can find better people to deal with else where, expecting to have a mature adult conversation is too of an high an expectation i guess.

ps: Magnet since you were in the middle of it when i asked you.. i'll ask again..
do you know why the dev didn't fix the folder issue ?
an update was already posted so.. wtf ?

and i really seriously hope there is at least 1 single solitary guy out there that is smart enough to understand why i just asked that if not wow.. just wow

and enjoy Cryptsy Chat (with out me) guys i am sick n tired enough of you And i'm not going back anymore.. your not worth the hassle sorry
i'm sure that will make a few you dead set on fighting and trolling me every time i go there happy as hell (drama central) ..congrats trolls Wink
which will carry over here i have no doubt.. might as well rename this coin "Drama Coin 2.0" ..just watch you'll see lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 10:55:46 AM

this will be drama central.. it already started.
i asked about it on Crytsy chat and next thing you know i am being called names and threatened with a ban
then i had to listen to people make excuses why i had to defend myself for an hr after that..
i am soo utterly sick of dealing with you people that go there ..i'm done, your not the kind of people i want to associate with or talk to
its rarely useful and full of jerks who want to have a a little efight online.

Screw this dumb coin.. screw Cryptsy and the idiots that hang out there.
I can find better people to deal with else where, expecting to have a mature adult conversation is too of an high an expectation i guess.

ps: Magnet since you were in the middle of it when i asked you.. i'll ask again..
do you know why the dev didn't fix the folder issue ?
an update was already posted so.. wtf ?

and i really seriously hope there is at least 1 single solitary guy out there that is smart enough to understand why i just asked that if not wow.. just wow

and enjoy Cryptsy Chat (with out me) guys i am sick n tired enough of you i'm not going back anymore.. your not worth the hassle sorry
i'm sure that will make a few you dead set on fighting and trolling me very time i go there happy as hell (drama central)
which will carry over here i have no doubt.. might as well rename this coin "Drama Coin 2.0" ..just watch you'll see lol

A newbie on Cryptsy asked you if they could just rename the Bitcoin folder.
You then reacted as a douche, so the newbie asked you not to be such a douche.
Then you got mad, started using the "F" word and Mullick warned you for doing so.
You then said to Mullick the newbie started by asking you not to be a douche.
Mullick apologized when he discovered you didn't start it.
Then he made a joke about iGotSpots being nice to someone for 5$ and he wanted to give you that as a present.
You got "insulted" and left Cryptsy chat.

You may experience thinks different from how we experience it, it's just what happened.
Please don't cry about everything and everyone who doesn't like the way you react or handle things.
You seem to be the only one who always gets banned, warned or in a "fight" with other people.
Are all the other people causing it? Or is it just you?
Go take a look at your own actions, you will find out what causes these reactions.

And about the reasons for not changing the default roaming folder for Bitcoin Scrypt: ask the developer.

This is not a "complain about Cryptsy" topic, so please open your own topic about it and leave this one.

Spoetnik: @MaGNeT: so who is it ?
Mullick: @MaGNeT: lol i saw your flow tx messaging spam today
Mullick: @Spoetnik: difficulty is usually .75 when people leave its 1.5 now and way off target spacing Sad im mining it now
Spoetnik: Magnet why would you go to soo much trouble posting all that on BCTalk ? are you the coin dev / starter or are you holding a shit load ? lol
MaGNeT: @Mullick: Cheesy
MaGNeT: @Mullick: that cost me a lot of coins Wink
MaGNeT: @Spoetnik: I'm an MSX-Basic dev, lol.
Spoetnik: and why in gods name did the damn guy not do a super quick update t folder the folder issue ? seems like mass insanity
Spoetnik: @MaGNeT: ya uhh that sorta dodges what i asked but what ever lol
MaGNeT: @Spoetnik: I just copy-pasted the topic from Cryptocointalk and put in a warning like SaltyPistoon asked for. It's not the first "ANN" topic I started for a coin. Think of it what you like Smiley
Spoetnik: what like the folder fucks up ypu BTC wallet or watver and and updates was released and the dev didn;t bother to fix that ? lol oooook then
Spoetnik: seriously wtf lol
MaGNeT: @Spoetnik: BitcoinExpress already tested it: it does not damage your Bitcoin wallet. That's why it's allowed on Bitcointalk again.
Spoetnik: dude go read what you aid..
Spoetnik: *said
Spoetnik: IMPORTANT NOTE Installing Bitcoin Scrypt will not delete your SHA Bitcoin folder, it will just integrate with it, so when you run the SHA version, your Scrypt BTC will be unconfirmed and not usable and vice versa.
Spoetnik: uhhhhhhhhh
tucksmcgucks: @Spoetnik: Can I simply rename the SHA folder
Spoetnik: i can rename folders too.. so ?
tucksmcgucks: @Spoetnik: it was a question
Spoetnik: i can create new ones too :p
Spoetnik: ohh i dunno man
Mullick: @Spoetnik: im buying you a present
Mullick: http://workforcrypto.com/?job=be-nice-to-you-for-a-day
tucksmcgucks: @Spoetnik: don't be a douche, I was asking you because I need help
Spoetnik: dude you said soemthing to me that sounded snotty now your calling me names ? fuck you..
Mullick: @Spoetnik: Warned
Spoetnik: get teh fuck off my back jerks..
CheshCa: Jagrapolite adandoned his work?
tucksmcgucks: @Spoetnik: man I never meant to sound snotty, I was refering to the official pool's help text regarding renaming the real BTC folder in your/roaming before installing the BTC2 client, because the client will automatically merge with the reeal BTC folder
Spoetnik: you guys are god damn high on crack seriously wow
tucksmcgucks: "Installing the wallet: Since this is an EXACT copy of Bitcoin when you install the client it will attempt to use the existing bitcoin roaming (windows) folder. You're going to need to rename the Bitcoin SHA-256 roaming folder to something else to use the Bitcoin Scrypt client. BEWARE, this could destroy your wallet if you start mining Bitcoin Scrypt using the Bitcoin SHA-256 wallet.dat file.
Mullick: @Spoetnik: Calm down and ook forward to spots being nice to you for 1 full hour Smiley
Spoetnik: i am totally calm i was trying to ask Magnet about the coin what the hell is the big problem ? seriously ?
Spoetnik: that other guy can see clearlyi don;t know anything and i was asking questions.. so he starts asking me questions ? why would i know ? i am asking myself LOL
Mullick: well you dropped the f bomb twice
Spoetnik: what Huh seriously Huh since when is that a rule ?
Spoetnik: please do tell what the rules are Mullick Wink
Mullick: well you said fuck you thats against the rules
Spoetnik: i was called a douche here..
Mullick: Did i see it?
Spoetnik: i never heard that was a rule dude
Spoetnik: i don;t apreciate being called names
Spoetnik: that is why i said that now im gonna get banned ? sure ..what ever lol
Mullick: well its sorta common sense rules
Spoetnik: thanks for warning him Wink
Spoetnik: nice how peopel are free to take a swing at me freely when ever they want and if i reply back i get threatened ..every time lol
Mullick: I didnt even notice he said duesch my bad
Spoetnik: it's spots trolling 101
MaGNeT: @Spoetnik: he didn't call you a douche, he asked you not to be a douche.
MaGNeT: tucksmcgucks: @Spoetnik: don't be a douche, I was asking you because I need help
Spoetnik: the other guy prob has one hell of huge smile right now Wink
Mullick: But it was a missunderstanding that caused the reaction lets just drop it
moonshinekiller: I love cent
MaGNeT: @moonshinekiller: CENT rules _O_
Spoetnik: after you jump on my back ya i guess im teh little bitch with teh ban hammer swing ing in my face so what choice do i have.. yeeees master
Spoetnik: by teh way wtf was taht crap you posted at me earlier anyway ?
Spoetnik: insulting..
MaGNeT: @Spoetnik: I hope you don't become a douche.
Mullick: @Spoetnik: http://workforcrypto.com/?job=be-nice-to-you-for-a-day
Mullick: That?
Spoetnik: fuck this shit i don't want to deal with you guys ..
Spoetnik: bye
Mullick: Its a joke. Spots posted a job for $5 he will be nice to someone. I asked if i bought one for you if he would honor it and he agreed
MaGNeT: @Spoetnik: have a nice day Smiley
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 12:43:55 PM

Hashrate at the http://btc2.cryptominer.net pool went up fast for the last 24 hours Shocked
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 01:55:24 AM

lolololol
a Newbie Huh  .. nice god damn try i have talked to him lots and so have all of you so don't you god damn dare play dumb.

i never said shit to that guy he called me a douche so i told him to fiuck off.. i was warned and threatened with a ban and he was ignored 100%

yes please do read that chat log i agree it says it all..

cut the crap.. that guy is no noob and he knew damn well what he was doing and he is smart enough to know i had no answer to his question and asked anyway..
he is one of 3 or 4 guys who regularly start shit with me... not a newb as your implying but a TROLL REGULAR

you people are manipulative slimy pricks you screw with people to lure them into shit and then play dumb.. i have seen it a million times
and i have had people troll me there randomly out of the blue lots and over and over mods say oh sorry i didn't see anything the other guy said..
that is not a one time occurrence........

i can get a number of people and logs myself showing this exact thing repeating before and i stand behind ever word i said 1000%
and i also am done with you mouthy brats, trolls and power ban ban happy loosers (let see how smug you are when you lost your power when Shytsy is shut down lol)

it only me ? well tell that to the other guys you insiders are fucking around like Zack..
Your little Skype backroom clan of buddies spreading pump and dump coins and trashing on anyone that complains is obvious to many of us
and many other people have said all ths same things i have a million times and guess what guys we have our own group and we trade info too Wink
I have some rather interesting (proof) to this too and i am stock piling it all to tear you little scammers off your cocky perch

so ya please do play dumb all you want and please do post more chat logs or maybe i should, i have millions of them Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:11:12 AM

This isn't anything close to Bitcoin except the stolen name. First of all the difficulty schedule is totally different, as well as the block solve times. It'd be interesting to see a REAL Bitcoin Scrypt chain where NOTHING is changed except SHA256 -> Scrypt. I'm sorry, but this isn't it.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:18:05 AM

It'd be interesting to see a REAL Bitcoin Scrypt chain where NOTHING is changed except SHA256 -> Scrypt. I'm sorry, but this isn't it.

That wouldn't really be interesting at all, and in fact would pretty much be an awful idea. Lots has changed since bitcoin was launched, and diff re-targets like that have been proven to be terrible for new coins time and again.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:28:46 AM

For the love of all things science...CALL IT SCRYPTCOIN!!!   Grin
spark_li

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Nothing

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:29:58 AM

can't sync

L.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:39:20 AM

That wouldn't really be interesting at all, and in fact would pretty much be an awful idea. Lots has changed since bitcoin was launched, and diff re-targets like that have been proven to be terrible for new coins time and again.

For SHA256 chains maybe. We're talking about Scrypt though and I think you're mistaking "terrible" difficulty schedules with alt chains that are terrible to begin with.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 11:08:20 AM

Since most market use 3-letter for tickers, why not BT2, BC2 or BTS for it's ticker?

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
solokop

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 01:24:02 PM

Hope it go up to market soon.  Grin
coinedabit

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:39:35 AM

Just something I read...

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/7760/a-brief-discussion-on-the-mechanism-design-of-bitcoin/
torzsy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:24:07 AM

Hope it go up to market soon.  Grin

It wont imho. In the near future. Smiley However there is an exchange being developed by Omega6 as I see. But as you know, nothing is certain in this world...
Milquetoast
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:20:50 AM

can't sync

I have the same Problem. Only one Connection to the Network.
bloods-n-cryptos

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:18:40 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 02:47:50 AM by bloods-n-cryptos

can't sync

You may have to update the addnode and download the blockchain.
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1169-bitcoin-scrypt-btc-information/

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: