Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:11:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think BTC will hit $300?  (Read 8039 times)
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:56:54 AM

I see close to $300 close to New Years. As businesses wake up to Bitcoin, it'll make only sense to eventually convert.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alxAcid

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:19:41 AM

$300? Definitely. When? Probably by the end of the year. Bitcoin will come to shine brighter and brighter as time passes due to the inevitaable death knell of the United States financial hegemony through their increasingly invasive and abrasive financial regulations. I imagine $1000/BTC in a few years due to rapid inflation that will occur when circulating cash 'round the world returns to the United States... but I also imagine the DOW at 20,000 due to the same inflation.

I own stocks, gold, and BTC. Priced in dollars...I'm bullish on all three.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:52:09 AM

I think it will certainly hit $300 eventually, but I'm not sure it will in this latest rally. I think we may have seen the top, and that we are due for a corrective wave downward and consolidation before we rocket up to new heights.  Grin
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:55:13 AM

Only $300?

I think some will be surprised how high we go.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TheSmook

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:27:09 PM

Previous price volatility still makes me nervous. But yes I think it will eventually hit $300, at least for a time. I don't own any bitcoin yet, but I'm considering it a lot more seriously now.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:31:47 PM

$300 definitively. The Bitcoin is very young, just 5 years old. Imagine what all might happen in another 5 years
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:37:07 AM

We will definitely see $300 btc.

One thing is for sure though and that is BTC is an unmanipulated market the likes of which no one of alive has ever seen.
Gold is manipulated, silver, stocks, bonds, future markets, etc by the banks/cia/illuminati.  Bitcoin however doesn't seem to be manipulated and so should follow math. Supply and Demand folks. The supply is fixed and the demand is growing. You do the math.
flayway

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:42:34 AM

Its sure btc reach $300, maybe next year if not staying stable over that sure one or more time bubble there.

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
hellfrozenow

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:46:52 AM

One thing is for sure though and that is BTC is an unmanipulated market the likes of which no one of alive has ever seen.
Gold is manipulated, silver, stocks, bonds, future markets, etc by the banks/cia/illuminati.  Bitcoin however doesn't seem to be manipulated and so should follow math.

Bitcoin price crashes are manipulated by big whales sell offs.  Wink
classna

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:49:16 AM

If the chinese keep buying for another 4-5 months, i will not be surprised if it hits $500 and crash back to 200.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 01:00:29 AM

time for pumping again. So when it hits everyone dumps and ends up at $100 again.  Cool
wesleybruce

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:09:53 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 07:20:06 AM by wesleybruce

Many things will drive it up.
  • Edan Yago launches his Cryptocurrency-based Political Zone in a sensible part of South America [November]. Caribbean coast gets my vote; Guyana or Suriname. Its a free market city on leased land (~99 year) in a third world country.
  • A large chain store accepting bitcoin in the western world.
  • A mention of bitcoin in media in connection to crowdfunding of public goods.
  • A mention of bitcoin in a major primary debate/ battle between the Tea Party Republicans and the rino's (republicans in name only).
  • A positive mention of bitcoin in the 2014 election.
  • Or a completely foolish attack on it by democrat member that is clearly lossing his seat and had not done any research.
  • A third world country with a small population switching to bitcoin or creating an Altcoin to replace its failed currecy.
A few things can drive it down.
  • Fincen or the FBI take down a mixer successfully.
  • a Kidnap and ransom case with a bitcoin demand. Many noobs would not realise that because the block chains public the ransoms traceable. People would expect a knock on the door during the hunt. The anarchist would panic sell on a successful trace and arrest. People will call for a ban on bitcoin. It would come back up.
  • The FBI goes insane and sells the confiscated silk road bitcoin and tiny prices in an attempt to kill the marker. That should fail but some will panic.

It should still end higher mid 2014 regardless of what happens.
baralhao

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:35:05 AM

started colecting btc few hours ago
Klubknuckle

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:38:41 AM

Yes. Just a matter Of time as the value of usd keep dropping everyday.

gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:56:59 AM

• A mention of bitcoin in a major primary debate/ battle between the Tea Party Republicans and the rino's (republicans in name only).

Id be quite surprised if any western politician would dare to try to mention cryptos in a positive light*. Since the western political world are in bed with the banks, why would they want to upset them?
Similarly with large retail chains, they get a lot of credit from bankers, why give them a slap in the face? Everyone can just quietly dabble with BTC for the time being, no need to bring it into the limelight until its impossible to ignore.

*Im sure the banks are figuring out a way to get 'profitably involved' with crypto world at the mo, or have already figured it out and are just waiting for the best time to do so without killing the market dead.

I agree the price will keep going up (asides the odd pivot point sell off, like when it hits 250 again). But I think its up to the independant stores to get BTC into the high street for the next loong while (until the banks take a position*).[/list]

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:04:10 PM

Id be quite surprised if any western politician would dare to try to mention cryptos in a positive light*. Since the western political world are in bed with the banks, why would they want to upset them?
Similarly with large retail chains, they get a lot of credit from bankers, why give them a slap in the face? Everyone can just quietly dabble with BTC for the time being, no need to bring it into the limelight until its impossible to ignore.

*Im sure the banks are figuring out a way to get 'profitably involved' with crypto world at the mo, or have already figured it out and are just waiting for the best time to do so without killing the market dead.

I agree the price will keep going up (asides the odd pivot point sell off, like when it hits 250 again). But I think its up to the independant stores to get BTC into the high street for the next loong while (until the banks take a position*).[/list]

It is only matter of time when some politicians get experience with Bitcoin and understand it is usefull and freedom supporting payment method
VonIobro

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 01:36:43 PM

My prediction:
In light of the increase in price due to the influx of money/interest from China (according to bitcoincharts, BTChinas market share in Yuan increased from 7% to 20%), thus boosting the prices from 120s to the current 200s. I believe the next big sustainable price increase will come from Canada in the coming months, also increasing their market share in BTC from 7% to 20%.

This will happen as a result of the successful and sustained deployment of the bitcoin ATM machines in Vancouver and across Canada. While I doubt there will be a high volume of monetary activity through the machines, the machines will act as patron saints to BTC and will get Canadians interested, or at least move them towards actions within the Canadian market. I would expect this process to take 1 to 2 months. This is accounting for opening trading accounts in Canada.

My 2 Satoshis.

/3
mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:14:55 PM

I totally think it is possible within the year. The fact is this, the more people that know & start the use BTC the more demand there will be. As the above poster mentioned, the lofty price bump was related to Asia's further discovery of the currency. So I think that a large part of it  is placed on the shoulders of the community. Get out there and start talking about BTC. Tell your friends, tell your family, half joke with your local businessman if he accepts Bitcoin because your short on "cash". If you offer a service ....any service, offer a bitcoin service. If you sell stuff on craigslist, a simple one line stating youll accept bitcoin with a discounted price could be effective. coinbase has made some leaps and bounds make stupid simple means to integrate BTC for merchants. A combined effort could prove powerful.

Ohh and one more thing, as you preach your Bitcoin gospel. Set people straight. I bet a large percentage of people that are vaguely familiar with BTC will associate it to "The drug currency" or the "internet black market money" which is stupid because If i want to buy illegals, I can do so with USD, EURO etc etc. Sorry but that one i a pet peeve of mine so I had to include in my rant. Cheers...

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:41:04 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that Bitcoin will hit $300 soon (a few months, if that). I heard there was a new BTC ATM placed in Canada, and there has been a lot of people sharing things on non-Bitcoin sites.
mchu168

Activity: 188

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:02:15 AM

Greater fool theory says yes it will.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: