Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL mentality destroys the currency aspect of Bitcoin  (Read 980 times)
ElevenX

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:19:41 AM

The original idea of Bitcoin, the vision of Satoshi was awesome. How cool would it have been to be able to store your wealth on a USB stick for example. But the wrong people have gotten into Bitcoin, and all they do is manipulate people into holding, or selling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:47:37 AM

The original idea of Bitcoin, the vision of Satoshi was awesome. How cool would it have been to be able to store your wealth on a USB stick for example. But the wrong people have gotten into Bitcoin, and all they do is manipulate people into holding, or selling.
Manipulation is getting strong and some whales take that opportunity to gain more when the others are losing.  Anyway,  that is investment and trading works and not all the time that we are wining. I'm pretty sure bitcoin won't grow if everyone are on holding, it works and moves only when there is transaction happen.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:54:39 AM

actually not their fault completely. because not all merchants will accept bitcoin as payment, and people who will transact also not necessarily want to agree with bitcoin as payment. so the bitcoin holder will sell it to fiat money and spend it using their fiat money.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:19:33 AM

That is what bitcoin instilled in our minds because of it's unpredictably characteristics. HODL is something more strategy for i believe thay it will give more profits if we hodl it in a long time. I bet to disagree that it may destroy the aspects of it, thus contributed to some good quality of bitcoin giving some crypto investors hope when they are losing faith due to the bearish moments
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:39:07 AM

For one thing, why spend your bitcoin or any other crypto currency when number one no one will accept it. Next if they're accepting they're inconvinient. Lastly why spend it now when you know that it will be more valuable in the future. We hold our coins so the currency will be stablilize. Once that happens then i would gladly use my holdings.

setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:54:39 AM

I dont think HODL mentality destroy the currency aspect. Bitcoin right now can not spend in many country. Peoples just holding bitcoin because waiting regulation from government comes out and able to spend their bitcoin. If regulation from government issued, I am believe bitcoin can be currency but many peoples wont spend it because its too valuable
bizarro

Activity: 291
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:53:54 PM

It is simply the human nature, we want to hold what we have, while the wiser decision will be to make money working for your purposes. As investor you need to be able to turn money into actives.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:07:04 PM

I dont think HODL mentality destroy the currency aspect. Bitcoin right now can not spend in many country. Peoples just holding bitcoin because waiting regulation from government comes out and able to spend their bitcoin. If regulation from government issued, I am believe bitcoin can be currency but many peoples wont spend it because its too valuable
I agree.It will only be the right time to spend bitcoins if the government would finally legalize the use of bitcoins as a payment system.Because even in my country,bitcoin is not known as a currency since it cannot be used directly to purchase goods,so for now most people settle to hold it first to make their investments grow in time too.

wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:28:26 PM

I agree.It will only be the right time to spend bitcoins if the government would finally legalize the use of bitcoins as a payment system.Because even in my country,bitcoin is not known as a currency since it cannot be used directly to purchase goods,so for now most people settle to hold it first to make their investments grow in time too.
Hodl mentallity does not really destroying the concept of bitcoin, it is every right of every bitcoin holders , to hold their coins for a specific purpose ,if your holding your coin in your entire life thats another story , but if you hold because there is a sudden downfall of price value then it is good for you bitcoin holder for you are protecting your investment to further damage of value.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Maame Esi Sergio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 10:40:17 PM

Yes, it is not easy to earn bitcoin if you don't buy with fiat or with other crytocurrencies. Not even with the so called mining of bitcoin. After buy some valuable amount of bitcoin too, it is very necessary you hodl and sell at a good price. I don't really know why this destroys bitcoin as a currency. Currencies are not volatile.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:50:33 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 11:18:09 PM by Noctis Connor

Manipulation is getting strong and some whales take that opportunity to gain more when the others are losing.  Anyway,  that is investment and trading works and not all the time that we are wining. I'm pretty sure bitcoin won't grow if everyone are on holding, it works and moves only when there is transaction happen.

I agree with you, since the price of the market is now on its dip state,Hold is not destroying the current aspect of bitcoin, it is an strategy to know weather the market will recover its price or it will continue to dip, its a sign from keeping you from giving your self a loss of funds, It is also good to know what is the best and not best to hold, always check the possibility of the coin to shoot up.
maraclariss14

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:11:48 PM

For one thing, why spend your bitcoin or any other crypto currency when number one no one will accept it. Next if they're accepting they're inconvinient. Lastly why spend it now when you know that it will be more valuable in the future. We hold our coins so the currency will be stablilize. Once that happens then i would gladly use my holdings.

Exactly, most of the crypto people missed those opportunity in maintaining their profits, this mentality is a good example of giving your self a time to think weather you will invest or not, holding is not a waste of time but it is also a gaining sign.
RockBar0

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:52:14 PM

Yes, it is not easy to earn bitcoin if you don't buy with fiat or with other crytocurrencies. Not even with the so called mining of bitcoin. After buy some valuable amount of bitcoin too, it is very necessary you hodl and sell at a good price. I don't really know why this destroys bitcoin as a currency. Currencies are not volatile.
Aside from being a currency to pay, it is also a valuable asset so keeping it for a while is very easy to understand. I do not think that keeping Bitcoin will diminish its value but on the other hand it will also help Bitcoin to grow stronger due to the market demand.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 11:04:50 PM

It is simply the human nature, we want to hold what we have, while the wiser decision will be to make money working for your purposes. As investor you need to be able to turn money into actives.

quite agree. each person has his or her own mental and individual ability. we can not compare someone who really thinks about his money every time it is categorized he deserves to hold. but also many that are not realistic to the market. that's a choice from each other. a person must be ready and confident with what he did before he did it. it should,
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:17:51 PM

Aside from being a currency to pay, it is also a valuable asset so keeping it for a while is very easy to understand. I do not think that keeping Bitcoin will diminish its value but on the other hand it will also help Bitcoin to grow stronger due to the market demand.
Right.We can't stop people from this hodling mentality because it's also their way of earning and gaining huge amount of profits after a long time of keeping their coins.I think this mentality can even encourage more people to invest in bitcoin knowing it is not only our future global currency but it is considered also a good store of value.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:45:17 PM

Right.We can't stop people from this hodling mentality because it's also their way of earning and gaining huge amount of profits after a long time of keeping their coins.I think this mentality can even encourage more people to invest in bitcoin knowing it is not only our future global currency but it is considered also a good store of value.
That is the reason why the people are keep on holding because they know that it is the future of our currency and it is a good store of value so they are taking advantage of that in order to gain a lot of profit in the long term basis because they know that bitcoin can still go up in the future because of its characteristics.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:01:02 AM

That is the reason why the people are keep on holding because they know that it is the future of our currency and it is a good store of value so they are taking advantage of that in order to gain a lot of profit in the long term basis because they know that bitcoin can still go up in the future because of its characteristics.

If you hold then you get only what you can. First you should fix the selling price so that when you get that price you should sell it. Like when the price went 20k that most of them not selling because they expected more and now they are felling what wrong they have done so fix Tue selling price and then proceed

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:12:07 AM

Bitcoin is far away to be used as currency but the holding is not the reason. When Bitcoin reaches to vast majority of people and people the hodlers will get lower. After some people accept Bitcoin for daily shopping, than we can use Bitcoin as currency.
ElevenX

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:16:52 AM

Manipulation is getting strong and some whales take that opportunity to gain more when the others are losing.  Anyway,  that is investment and trading works and not all the time that we are wining. I'm pretty sure bitcoin won't grow if everyone are on holding, it works and moves only when there is transaction happen.

Yes, that is how investment and trading works, and I doubt that this was the original idea of Satoshi. It's not used as a currency, too many people hold. Don't even want to buy pizza with it any more.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:52:54 AM

Yes, that is how investment and trading works, and I doubt that this was the original idea of Satoshi. It's not used as a currency, too many people hold. Don't even want to buy pizza with it any more.
I think I have to wait for a lot of requests so the price goes up, so too many will sell it, so btc can spread, and ultimately reduce the monopoly on bitcoin by whales
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: