Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:38:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you fight for satoshi?  (Read 675 times)
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:36:36 AM

I don't think that I can do all the things you are proposing to do if that happens. Maybe, I would just use my social media accounts to raise awareness on who really is the creator of the blockchain technology. Because, I think that if we do those things, we are just contradicting their moves without seeing first if the effects will be good.
kotulo

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:49:55 AM

Difficult to do so, if countries ban all problems, then you can hardly fight for it.
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:55:40 PM

Many companies, banks and goverments are lobbying against bitcoin, while praising the blockchain technology Sathoshi invented. Soon they will use the open source software to develop their own blockchains, without ever expressing gratitude to satoshi or the bitcoin community. Isn't that stealing?

Would you fight for Satoshi when it gets though?
  • Delete facebook, google, twitter if they would try something?
  • Protest your goverment, if they try to ban?
  • Close your bank account forever?

Rather than deleting facebook, google, twitter or other social media accounts, it would be better if people use this as a means of awareness or sharing facts and experience using bitcoin. Protesting wouldn't help also. People have different perspectives and so you cannot please everybody to agree and accept your argument. Closing of bank account is somehow childish act. Bitcoin user is continuously growing, you should take it easy.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:11:40 PM

I certainly wouldn't fight for anyone not unless they're close to me or I know personally. I will stand for open-source codes, freedom of information and what is basically right. They can utilize the blockchain in whatever way they want it, and that's not stealing since it isn't copyrighted by anyone. Most companies make variations of an open-source program with the correct citation/credits before copyrighting anything, so somehow, this will give bitcoin and the blockchain some credit in case we're in for a series of blockchain claims and copyrights. Also, there's no point doing the things on the OP since these big guys would likely not listen to any rants or protests concerning their agenda.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:27:40 PM

How is this fighting for Satoshi? They cannot shut down Bitcoin, they can however limit the possibility to convert it to FIAT. But no I won't do most things you mention here, because it does not help and it is not the fight the community should take.

Yups,theres nothing fighting can do for us,our community needs patience and calm because thie attitude is what the members need to succeed

And I believe that we need to support bitcoin but not to the extent that we become violent to others this is not good
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:36:27 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 03:20:54 AM by kumar jabodah

Maybe I can protest if the bitcoin will be banned.
Our time is now High Tech and even social media is capable of building a group to make a strike for bitcoin.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:37:45 PM

they are not ashamed and they are stupid, they are not thieves but traitors.

I will never forget satoshi, satoshi has a great figure because he has created a remarkable virtual currency.

I will not fight satoshi, I will always stay with all those who support the crypto world and support satoshi.

celtic99

Merit: 41

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:49:49 PM

We don't talk about Satoshi much because Bitcoin is bigger than one person and Satoshi doesn't want  the fame.  If  would be al ot of different if Satoshi was a public figure and was still active on these boards.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:52:52 PM

I'm thinking rationally so I just invest only if it's reasonable
Bitcoin become a new key of investment for me to obtain some profit that can't be achieve by ordinary investment

Smiley
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:58:12 PM

The main point of bitcoin is that it is supposed to work even if government bans it, so there would be no point in protesting. Bitcoin is designed in a way that you don't need to protest, only mine, host nodes, and use it, that's all you need to do, you don't need to make laws around it, it must survive with bitcoin friendly laws and unfriendly bitcoin laws, if this wasn't the case then it would be a failure.

So if you want to "fight for satoshi", just help the network, improve the code, and that's about it.
Rockkey

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:30:23 PM

I do not quite understand who you are going to fight with and for what? Satoshi made his choice - he preferred to remain anonymous and this is his personal decision. Nobody stole anything from him. And no one does not owe him anything. Perhaps Satoshi was never ever.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:08:30 PM

I think its wise to say that the blockchain technology is fighting for itself daily. There is increasing usage of this technology all over the world even if Bitcoin is neglected or preached against. So we are winning, it doesn't matter now whether they give credit to satoshi or not because at the end , there is no escape route for all blockchain technology users than to give credit to IT.
javadsalehi

Merit: 13

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:18:44 PM

I think protests don't work. The community that is supporting bitcoin is not big. Also, governments can easily steal the idea as many people have already stolen that.
polyballz

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:21:30 PM

Many companies, banks and goverments are lobbying against bitcoin, while praising the blockchain technology Sathoshi invented. Soon they will use the open source software to develop their own blockchains, without ever expressing gratitude to satoshi or the bitcoin community. Isn't that stealing?

The government is too strong to accept the protests and they always have a way to deal with every perotes, with the power of their government can do anything. Closing the bank account was never in my mind because the income we received was in the bank, I would fight for the truth I see and I feel, Satoshi has given me many benefits and for the people it is worth fighting for.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:46:55 PM

Of a truth, there are so many people here who would make serious and damning cases for Satoshi (they may even stick their necks) if things were to go wrong for him. But I don't believe some of the measures you have outlined like, going off social media to register displeasure and closing one's bank account are extreme suggestions.

We need to stay on the social to report any wrong against bitcoin. Secondly, most people can't utilize bitcoin if they don't convert it to fiat. So, the banks are very much relevant to the growth of bitcoin and cryptocurrency at large.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rodriguesserg967

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:53:43 PM

Wasn't mister Satoshi idea to make BTC accessible for everyone? OFC you need to be smart one to fall for government crypto. I wouldn't do anything to be honest.
kingdom2710

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:40:59 AM

Resistance will not be a great idea as the government will easily find ways and means to stop the opposition and distinguish people from real problems. Trader cryptography will explicitly support bitcoin. I do not really care as long as it's beneficial to all of us because it's like what they are doing that is for the development and progress of the world economy for the better.
leoleobeck

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:19:14 AM

Yes, I would fight for satoshi because it it future technology and it can bring unstoppable benefits for society.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:26:09 AM

Sathoshi itself has outsourced the full details in GitHub, so that other can get benefited through it. So their is no point of fighting for it. Fighting when happens when it is not outsourced and taken forcefully or hacked. That is the time that you can tell that it is stolen. Companies,banks and governments are lobbying against Bitcoin because they cannot control it but the technology behind is very good which they can use it and make their own blockchain and get benefited.
dadanpradana

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:40:33 AM

we should not hate the name of the government, the state apparatus, the Bank or the financial institution etc.
they are not yet aware of the importance of Cryptocurrency for the future.

we'd better keep going forward while giving them a positive point about Ecosystem Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: