Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:29:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrow?, how? where?  (Read 657 times)
accyoda (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:20:53 PM

Hi
I am not new to mining but to the forum.
I will like to ask... I read a lot about people using escrows, who are they?, where?, is there is any post or tutorial about the use of escrows?, how do I choose one?
better ask before screw it hehe.
thanks!
acc
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:00:17 PM

Hi
I am not new to mining but to the forum.
I will like to ask... I read a lot about people using escrows, who are they?, where?, is there is any post or tutorial about the use of escrows?, how do I choose one?
thanks!
acc

There are a few escrow holders here at bitcointalk.org that are widely recognized as honest, reliable, and trustworthy.  The first that comes to mind is John K., but with just a bit of research you can find a few others.

As for how it works, there are a few options but generally:

• One of the transaction party members contacts an escrow provider that both members trust.
  • The escrow provider sends a digitally signed contract to everyone participating in the transaction
  • The transaction participants indicate their agreement with the terms of the transaction, or specify changes as necessary
  • Once all participants have come to an agreement to the terms of the transaction, the bitcoin sender sends the bitcoins to the bitcoin escrow address indicated by the escrow provider in their contract
  • Once the transaction is confirmed, the bitcoin receiver sends whatever payment, product, or service has been agreed to
  • When the bitcoin provider receives the proper payment, product, or service they authorize the escrow provider to release the escrow to the bitcoin receiver
  • If there is any disagreement on the escrow release conditions having been met, then escrow provider acts as a mediator for dispute resolution
  • If resolution can not be found that satisfies all parties, then the escrow provider releases the escrow in what they feel is the fairest way they can given the facts and proof provided by all involved parties.
  • If dispute resolution is necessary, the escrow provider will often hold mediation in a public thread to ensure that the entire community can be aware of their activities and hold them responsible for the decisions they make.
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:04:32 PM

bitmit and btcrow are good sites if you're looking for legit escrow
freecoins

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:07:40 PM

John (John K.)'s escrow service -   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141672.0
superescrow

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 07:51:41 PM

I used and recommend that you use the escrow of  some reputable member here.
Both parties send funds to the person providing escrow and them he sends them as agreed.

Becoming a reputable user you can trust with escrow. That is my goal.
Until then Bitmit and Bitescrow should work fine.
Lamigo

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:00:29 PM

...how do I choose one?
thanks!
acc

You may search the word "escrow" in service sub-board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0

You can find quite of number of people providing escrow service, and check their previous records and fees.
I personally haven't used any of the service, so could not give any recommendation on that.

Lamigo

Activity: 571

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:07:52 PM

I used and recommend that you use the escrow of  some reputable member here.
Both parties send funds to the person providing escrow and them he sends them as agreed.

Becoming a reputable user you can trust with escrow. That is my goal.
Until then Bitmit and Bitescrow should work fine.

Your username definitely shows your ambition lol Grin

ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:10:31 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 12:21:40 PM by ajaxmoor

John (John K.)'s is doing the ecsrow service and using search

You can also find a lot of other trustable escrows on the forum like devthedev and monbux. YOu can also opt to use an escrow site for this.
accyoda (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:51:10 PM

Wow! So many answers!!
Thank you!!, now I have a lot of info thanks to all of you Smiley
AU

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 08:55:27 PM

I'll crank out any escrow deal for ya. Just send me a details

AU

Razer Blade 14" for sale
BTC: 1E1QQDq8keR9uVykmxSzo7CUYrWtQ6J9M8
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:23:41 PM

Be careful to only use well established trusted members of the community for escrow.

Otherwise you take a big of a risk of the escrow provider stealing your bitcoins.
TheBlackAdder

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

And thanks for all the fish

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:57:25 PM

I know I could probably trawl through dozens of pages of posts to discover the answer for myself, but can someone please give a list of

- reputed forum members providing a free escrow services;
- usual /average fees charged by the well known and trusted members

Thanks
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 10:11:27 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 10:22:43 PM by DannyHamilton

I know I could probably trawl through dozens of pages of posts to discover the answer for myself, but can someone please give a list of

Thanks

The most well known and trusted escrow provider in the entire bitcointalk.org forum is John K.  People have trusted him with hundreds of thousands of dollars of bitcoins.  You can find his escrow thread here

Here and here are lists of people who are known to provide escrow services.  You really need to do some research on your own though.  This is YOUR money you're talking about.  You can't simply trust anyone that comes into a forum conversation and says, "Hey, I know a guy that provides escrow. He's trustworthy."  They could be working together. They could be the same person with 2 different userIDs here.  They may just have no idea what they're talking about.

You are responsible for the actions you take, and you are responsible for your losses.  If you don't want to be scammed, then you have to take the time to learn and understand who can be trusted and who can't.

Take a look at the posting history from the past few days, weeks, and/or months of the person you are considering.  Take a look at their trust page.  Take a look in the "scammer" subforum and see if anyone is expressing any concerns about them there. Search the forum and see what people have said about them and what sort of transactions they've been involved in.  Make sure they've been around for a while and have put in the effort to gain a reputation worth protecting.

Farmer17

Activity: 674

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:37:11 AM

Thanks

The most well known and trusted escrow provider in the entire bitcointalk.org forum is John K.  People have trusted him with hundreds of thousands of dollars of bitcoins.  You can find his escrow thread here

Here and here are lists of people who are known to provide escrow services.  You really need to do some research on your own though.  This is YOUR money you're talking about.  You can't simply trust anyone that comes into a forum conversation and says, "Hey, I know a guy that provides escrow. He's trustworthy."  They could be working together. They could be the same person with 2 different userIDs here.  They may just have no idea what they're talking about.

You are responsible for the actions you take, and you are responsible for your losses.  If you don't want to be scammed, then you have to take the time to learn and understand who can be trusted and who can't.

Take a look at the posting history from the past few days, weeks, and/or months of the person you are considering.  Take a look at their trust page.  Take a look in the "scammer" subforum and see if anyone is expressing any concerns about them there. Search the forum and see what people have said about them and what sort of transactions they've been involved in.  Make sure they've been around for a while and have put in the effort to gain a reputation worth protecting.

Thanks for your advice Smiley

moneyboss

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:57:26 AM

this thread is very useful, escrow can be confusing for me it still is a little bit sorry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: