Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:56:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motherboard wont detect specific GPUs, but detects others, and GPUs work.  (Read 157 times)
jamesgalb (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:54:05 AM

I am complete lost and searching for clues at this point.

I have a motherboard that will not detect 3 different cards, but it will detect all other cards, and these 3 cards work in other motherboards...

A specific r9 380x. 39 390. and rx 580... When these 3 cards are inserted into the motherboard at all, it simply will not post.... Motherboard works fine with others rx 580s and rx 480s, and these cards work fine in other motherboards...

Does anyone have any idea?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:55:29 AM

- tried to reset the bios via CMOS?

-what a type Motherboard its?

-whether a same used PSU(wattage) when tried on another MB?

Rough_R

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:17:15 AM

Update bios of MB, most problems ends with it. What type is MB ?
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:25:47 AM

I have a lot idea.
How if you give us more info about your devices first (people has asking above, I'm just adding some).
Let's start with:

Motherboard type and series then,
PSUs wattage (Brands, Efficiency rates if possible),
OS you are using,
Driver version,
Powering scheme.

As much as you can tell us.

Have you tried with  2 X R9 on that mobo (380x + 390)? What else have you tried? I suspected that was less power and or driver issue.
If you tell us more info, we can help you more.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:38:23 AM

A specific r9 380x. 39 390. and rx 580... When these 3 cards are inserted into the motherboard at all, it simply will not post.... Motherboard works fine with others rx 580s and rx 480s, and these cards work fine in other motherboards...
Hello friend,
try using atikmdag-patcher, and you can see the information here POST
the app works on my rig, hope it helps your problem.

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:03:09 PM

Hello friend,

Oh dear, dude! the OP cant boot up, how could on earth he use pixel patcher

Have you tried with  2 X R9 on that mobo (380x + 390)? What else have you tried? I suspected that was less power

I Have same feeling as this
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:39:50 PM

Hello friend,

Oh dear, dude! the OP cant boot up, how could on earth he use pixel patcher

Look like I suggesting it too early, lol. But it may will be one of useful input beside other input. Power issue has mentioned above me. Failed POST has different causing. I just assume that's OP's rig have crashed in the driver. USB storage device or optical drive also can made failed POST process. But yes, the power issue is the most factor causing failed POST. Most people just do CMOS reset on this issue and solving it. Like the pic I posted here, I'm mixing R9 290 Reference with four RX. I'm using patcher with a one only readable card, then adding the other cards after. It works for me.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:56:00 PM

Looks like there is old mobo, need to update bios and check pci ex settings in bios

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: