Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:26:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Huobi Scam (Ontology Promotion)  (Read 190 times)
Aantan (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:21:47 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 12:39:10 PM by Aantan

What happened: Huobi had the following promotion at the beginning of this month: https://www.huobi.pro/notice_detail/?id=1071

https://i.imgur.com/VbH0dVQ.jpg

To be sure that i would be in, i have traded 100 ont in the first hour of the promotion.

Then i have waited, as it said prices will be given out 3 work days after the end of the promotion.

Then it started to become curious, when first people asked about the 100 free ont coins 4 work days after the end of promotion in the huobi telegram channel, when an admin said bad-mannered "do your math, it is not 3 days yet" (when it was 4 days for sure)

On the next day admin says, that huobi needs more time for this promotion, prizes will be sent out 7 working days later.

When we all still didnt get our free 100 ont, i looked in the telegram channel and saw a lot of angry users, i scrolled up and found this:

https://i.imgur.com/CezvRio.jpg

Now they say, you would have needed a 6154.xx ont trading volume instead of 100, to receive the free 100 ont. Reason? Managment decision.

What a big scam....i just can warn you from huobi

Reference Link: https://www.huobi.pro/notice_detail/?id=1071
Amount Scammed: 100 ont
PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/CezvRio.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rudsn

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:32:16 AM

Huobi aint trustworthy! STAY AWAY FROM HUOBI!!!
RGhadamian

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:26:13 AM

I had the exact same experience but I was also banned from the telegram by the admin as well.

This was my non answer from Huobi.

They are a scam exchange.

Can’t believe they can’t honour their terms. Disgusting

火小东 (Huobi)
Mar 24, 15:41 CST

respected user:

Hello, ONT is issued according to the transaction rankings. If a new issue is issued, please don't reply to this e-mail directly. Please send us a new e-mail inquiry. Thank you for your cooperation!

have a beautiful day
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:00:13 PM

This is what you idiots deserve to trust random services.Why did you open a scam accusations against them on bitcointalk if you don't have their relevant details on the forum ?
 - Was an escrow involved ? No
 - Is the service trustworthy ? No
 - Are you a bounty whore ? Yes

You are too quick to open a scam accusations against such services when it has been advised multiple times to not trust them.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 12:02:54 PM

Aantan, if you can edit this thread using the "proper format", that would be great.

I was trying to confirm the telegram screenshot (in regards to sudden addition of trading volume as a requirement), but it keeps showing the following message:
Username @huobiproofficial not found.

Can someone access their telegram page or if there's a new one, kindly provide a link.

Unfortunately, the only representative that I can find here, is (Huobi-USD [no recent activities]).

Based on the evidence (if everything checks out), clearly they're trying to make excuses (cheating/scamming their users).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Aantan (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:35:04 PM

Aantan, if you can edit this thread using the "proper format", that would be great.

I was trying to confirm the telegram screenshot (in regards to sudden addition of trading volume as a requirement), but it keeps showing the following message:
Username @huobiproofficial not found.

Can someone access their telegram page or if there's a new one, kindly provide a link.

Unfortunately, the only representative that I can find here, is (Huobi-USD [no recent activities]).

Based on the evidence (if everything checks out), clearly they're trying to make excuses (cheating/scamming their users).

I tried to edit it, but since it is not a user, it is an exchange i dont know what to fill out Sad

To your other question, what do you mean? if i click your link this site appears https://i.imgur.com/cJywrWN.jpg and when i click im in the group.

Did you try to search huobi in telegram? i see the chinese and english group there
aseenus

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:20:37 PM

I also got screwed by this. There was nothing stated anywhere about a volume requirement, it just said 1:1 Ontology (Maximum 100 ONT). I'll never use Huobi again! You can't make an airdrop and change the rule once it's finished. Even if you put it in the terms, it's public relations suicide if you do.
ipixma

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:25:26 PM

It was totally false and exaggerated advertising.

I became totally unreliable to Huobi.

You guys will have to stay away from Huobi.

986S

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:45:18 PM

I'm too scamed by this exchange brcouse this promotion..

Never again.

I paid 20$ Fee for the ONT and don't get the free ONT.
djBeatcoin

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:25:26 PM

I will avoid Huobi because of this. How unprofessional!
LBX

Activity: 1025
Merit: 534

A

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:32:14 PM

i do not like this site ever
It looks like a scam to me
Aantan (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:31:43 PM

Now they banned me from their telegram channel for my critic

One of their represents posted weird stuff ar reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/OntologyNetwork/comments/86ts7j/huobis_ont_airdrop_feels_no_different_to_the_send/

First he says

"First of all, qualified winners must be verified first. Second, there is sum of 2 million ONT will be given away, the event is kind of first in first serve. 2 million ONT tokens is the total number available for this event."

Then he says

"Due to our practice, we found that over 6000 ONT volume would be with higher probability to be a true traders who will be truly customers we love to reward. That’s verified process is about."

There is also still no list of the 20000 winner of the free 100 ont, it is just a big big scam for a 7 digit amount, stay as far away from huobi as you can
Blasco85

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:19:49 PM

HUOBI scam (unofficial)
Here we can show, how huobi scam each week, each time that they announceme an airdrop.

Don't use HUOBI!
https://t.me/huobiunnoficial

Join and share your issues!
laserfocused

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 11:41:20 PM

What happened: Huobi had the following promotion at the beginning of this month: https://www.huobi.pro/notice_detail/?id=1071

To be sure that i would be in, i have traded 100 ont in the first hour of the promotion.

Then i have waited, as it said prices will be given out 3 work days after the end of the promotion.

Then it started to become curious, when first people asked about the 100 free ont coins 4 work days after the end of promotion in the huobi telegram channel, when an admin said bad-mannered "do your math, it is not 3 days yet" (when it was 4 days for sure)

On the next day admin says, that huobi needs more time for this promotion, prizes will be sent out 7 working days later.

When we all still didnt get our free 100 ont, i looked in the telegram channel and saw a lot of angry users, i scrolled up and found this:

Now they say, you would have needed a 6154.xx ont trading volume instead of 100, to receive the free 100 ont. Reason? Managment decision.

What a big scam....i just can warn you from huobi

Reference Link: https://www.huobi.pro/notice_detail/?id=1071
Amount Scammed: 100 ont
PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/CezvRio.jpg

I really hate the fact that the word SCAM has been so used and abused and diluted that when you have real SCAM take place its hard to differentiate.  A scam is when someone robs you of actual money property, or assets.  This is different from not honoring the terms of an agreement.  It may not be honorable, it may be unethical, but this does not classify as a SCAM. I am detesting bounties and drops more and more because it gives people who put zero skin in the game a reason to complain about something.  I have traded substantial amounts of currencies within Huobi and have never been cheated out of one satoshi.  In fact I would say they are overly cautious when it comes to security and it took me 3 weeks to get verified.  Anyway please guys stop the SCAM madness and find some real scams to identify, like the next bitconnect.  Huobi is fine unless you dumpster hopping for bounties.
Aantan (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:29:10 AM

I tell why you it is a scam:

They say you needed 6150 ont trading volume during this few days to be a "good customer" who deserves this. This was NEVER mentioned before, it was mentioned trade 100 get 100, nothing else, this IS a scam. And let me tell you why, too: They dont show a list of 20000 winners, do you know why? Because this would mean 20000 customers traded at least 6150 ont during the few days (worth a 5 digit $ amount). This is impossible. So they must have kept ont for them self
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: