Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: www.proxycoins.com - buy anything with Bitcoin, thru a proxy  (Read 1711 times)
nimrodlehavi (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 07:15:07 AM

hi
wanted to invite everyone to checkout the p2p platform a launched a few days ago
in case you wish to by anything with your bitcoin and can't - contact a proxy user and he'll buy it for you, and get paid with bitcoin
in case you wish to earn bitcoin by being a proxy, essentially buying bitcoin with your credit cards (b/c you paid for something with the card and got bitcoin in return)

would appreciate any feedback

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slothbag

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:57:58 AM

I've been thinking about a site like this..

Here a some additional fields <and example data> for each "request to buy" that I would find handy.

• DeliverTo: <Country> <Region>
  • Receipt: <not required> <required for proof of purchase (any age)> <required for warranty / refunds>
  • Accepted Retail Outlets: <store name/s>
  • Product Region: <country> <anywhere>
  • Condition: <new> <unopened> <refurbished> <used> etc
  • Delivery Method: <mail> <courier> <meet and complete> <buyer pickup>
  • Can pickup from: <regions>
  • Price range: <$from - $to>
  • Dispatch timeframe: <2 days>
  • Delivered timeframe: <7 days>
  • Payment: <upfront> <escrow> <on delivery>

Hope this takes off.
nimrodlehavi (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 02:03:23 PM

thanks for the feedback
don't you think it'll be to much of a friction for users to enter so much data when posting a request?
in general it seems so far that most ppl prefer to register as proxies and much less post a request - so seems even now that the friction is too high

what do you think?
slothbag

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:50:30 PM

I don't think all those fields should be mandatory, but would be nice to have some structure around the request, it would also show the requester what things to consider when making a request.

But your right, probably should wait for some volume and getting feedback before spending too much time adding bells and whistles.
slothbag

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:52:18 PM

most ppl prefer to register as proxies and much less post a request

Everyone wants to hoard bitcoins and not spend them Sad
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 10:22:40 PM

I would love too see a service where it's possible to be listed also as escrow, by using this kind of escrow http://www.bitescrow.org (it should be implemented direcly on proxycoins in this case)
Chose the price (free/fixed/%), and make it automatically/easier. Invitation A/B will be given to the buyer/seller without any intervention from the user-escrow.
The user-escrow will need to act only for disputes.

Buyers/sellers will have to agree on with user-escrow chose on the list of escrow.

If it is a free escrow-user, after his decision the bitcoin will automatically go to the winner.
If it has a fixed price/%, after the escrow decision the service (proxycoins in this case) will wait for the correct amount of Bitcoin on a dedicated address. The winner will have to sent this bitcoin before receiving his own.

I'm not sure if I've explained correctly, english isn't my primary language Tongue

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 10:23:30 PM

most ppl prefer to register as proxies and much less post a request

Everyone wants to hoard bitcoins and not spend them Sad

I want to spend them, on a vehicle, place to live...

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
slothbag

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:53:06 PM

I want to spend them, on a vehicle, place to live...

Perfect, place two requests on Proxycoins, one for a vehicle and one for a property.. Specify which country/region you want those things, how much you want to pay, hopefully someone in your country who is looking to make a sizable bitcoin investment will offer to purchase those things for you and you send them the equivalent in BTC Smiley
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 01:58:04 AM

BTC will have to be $1000 USD/BTC at least before I can afford either.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
nimrodlehavi (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 09:25:20 PM

I would love too see a service where it's possible to be listed also as escrow, by using this kind of escrow http://www.bitescrow.org (it should be implemented direcly on proxycoins in this case)
Chose the price (free/fixed/%), and make it automatically/easier. Invitation A/B will be given to the buyer/seller without any intervention from the user-escrow.
The user-escrow will need to act only for disputes.

Buyers/sellers will have to agree on with user-escrow chose on the list of escrow.

If it is a free escrow-user, after his decision the bitcoin will automatically go to the winner.
If it has a fixed price/%, after the escrow decision the service (proxycoins in this case) will wait for the correct amount of Bitcoin on a dedicated address. The winner will have to sent this bitcoin before receiving his own.

I'm not sure if I've explained correctly, english isn't my primary language Tongue

i'm waiting for 2-3 multi sig to be implemented somewhere as an API or to have enough time on my hands and implement it myself (it's supported in the protocol already) and then the escrow is inherent in every transaction.
and yes - thought about having ppl propose themselves as escrow as well - but for now what the system needs is traction Smiley

so everybody - please register - either with a request or as a proxy, and tell you bitcoiners friends as well

cheers Smiley
nimrodlehavi (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 09:40:36 PM

BTC will have to be $1000 USD/BTC at least before I can afford either.

u seem like the classic Proxy Smiley have any additional feedback on the system?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: