Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:16:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that bitcoin immune from hacking & fraud ??  (Read 15107 times)
member1

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:05:33 PM

Is it a joke? People have to keep 100+gb of blockchain on their pc just not to be frauded. But even in this case, if their HDD fails, they lose all the coins)
BTC hacking is impossible to trace so be cautious and dont let your profits wait for hackers on your accounts. Luckily, never lost more than 100$
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:29:13 PM

Nothing basically is safe from being hacked. And bitcoin is no exception to it. Actually its popularity and the value it holds makes it more prone to hacking and hijacking.
Lots of bitcoins worth huge money gets hacked time and again.
In August 2016, bitfinix announced that bitcoins worth $77 million was hacked. Similar hacks have  happened   in the past. The only thing different with bitcoin is that who was hacked and who hacked is not known here. All that we get to know is the adress from where the btc vanishes, unless one willingly admits of being hacked.

Certainly the security levels have gone up in recent times but individual secirity should be taken credible in assuring a secure wallet or a system. We cannot simply depend on the blockchain to secure our holdings.
Hackers are expert in their own fields,they are working good only for bad ways..every one ate vulnerable for being victimized by this kind of people thats why what we need to do is make sure that our crypto are safe and secured..

And fraud maybe your right,cryptonians are immune about this because if youre an active member of this community you will find in every section about this fraud issue
putra daerah

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:10:46 PM

I personally believe that no. Almost every month there are some exchange frauds, mining frauds and such. Also nobody is protected from a virus to hack into your wallet and steal your BTC, which happens very often these days. But when it comes to hacking the blockchain itself, seemingly nobody had yet succeeded, and that is the reason why blockchain is still functional.
I agree with you that blockchain is difficult or even can not be hacked.
because as long as I join here, I never find blockchain hacked and forged.
I just heard the piercings of BTC wallets and coins ..
lastnumber

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:57:13 AM

Certainly Bitcoin will not be hacked or tampered with, if you know the nature of the technology that made Bitcoin, the Blockchain technology. Others can be hacked off the Bitcoin number found in our electronic wallet, but the nature of the Bitcoin number in our wallet remains unchanged. Bitcoin may transfer the right of use from one person to another, without altering it in value.
dcif80

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:13:59 AM

there are always fear of hacking
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:06:37 PM

I don't know for sure but I think that wallet with bitcoins can be easily hacked if a person is a great hacker. As for the fraud, there are many fraudsters and scammers today and crypto market isn't an exception
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:33:19 PM

there are always fear of hacking

As far as I can tell the Bitcoin network or system cannot be hacked or manipulated because everyone is part of it. Investors should know this so that they are not easily swayed by reports that Bitcoin has been hacked.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
lastnumber

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:43:13 PM

Previously, I was skeptical that Bitcoin was not hacked because I had a bit of tech knowledge. I think that everything related to technology can be penetrated, can understand that is also a form of hack. But then, I think I was wrong to learn about Blockchain technology. Basically, blockchain block chain technology is unchangeable data information, meaning you can not unilaterally hack the Bitcoin. Yes, Bitcoin is not hacked.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:52:10 AM

I beg to disagree to that, I believe Bitcoin is not immune to hacking and fraud, actually, its value and popularity made it a target of almost all those hackers and fraudster out there. But due to it anonymity and security, it remains safe, but those hackers and fraudsters  targeted exchanges and wallets that is why we got a lot of ways to keep our coins safe from these bad guys. Remember it is our responsibility to ensure the safety and security of our coins, especially because these are all for our family's future.

Unfortunately, bro, here you are absolutely right. Bitcoin and Bitcoin wallets can be hacked. No, it is not easy - I would say, it will be extremely difficult to do, but it is still possible. We have heard about stolen BTC.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 12:00:24 PM

in fact there are no major cases of hacking and bitcoin theft. meaning that the wallet technology that stores bitcoins is very safe and immune.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:20:59 PM

Currently Bitcoin blockchain is immune to hacking ,you are talking here about wallets and exchanges that are hacked before.it is their problem for not securing their server not btc blockchain.thats why people should prefer decentralized exchanges which are fast to do trading and never leave your fund in exchanges or any other wallet other than hardware or client wallet.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:32:15 PM

I beg to disagree to that, I believe Bitcoin is not immune to hacking and fraud, actually, its value and popularity made it a target of almost all those hackers and fraudster out there. But due to it anonymity and security, it remains safe, but those hackers and fraudsters  targeted exchanges and wallets that is why we got a lot of ways to keep our coins safe from these bad guys. Remember it is our responsibility to ensure the safety and security of our coins, especially because these are all for our family's future.

Unfortunately, bro, here you are absolutely right. Bitcoin and Bitcoin wallets can be hacked. No, it is not easy - I would say, it will be extremely difficult to do, but it is still possible. We have heard about stolen BTC.

Yes we have heard about it, because of people using phishing sites or getting their computer infected etc etc (by their own fault).
Not because anyone managed to beat SHA256 and the btc pow network.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:16:47 PM

thats why people should prefer decentralized exchanges which are fast to do trading

Actually, decentralized exchanges aren't fast at all, which is the main reason the developments in that field progress in a slow manner. In no way right now can it compete with the services offered by centralized crypto exchanges. Another 'negative' aspect is that there is no way to combine fiat to crypto trades in a completely decentralized manner. The fiat aspect will always require permission from the service that's being used.

Regulations forcing exchanges to comply with all laws do however stimulate people to move over to decentralized exchanges, and at some point when the volumes justify actual development (more than is the case right now) in that field, things will definitely change for the better. But then again, not even decentralized exchanges are completely safe from malicious attacks as we have seen in the past. It's meant to provide decentralization, not total protection.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:03:23 AM

I’m becoming a little bit confused when this question is asked. Normally, when ever I’m asked Bitcoin and fiat (banks) which one is more safe to use in terms of security, I will usually say it is banks, but after reading a post on what one hacker who was arrested by the police in my country said, I’m starting to get confused on which one of them is more safe.

Well, there is always a way you can avoid all these dangers of being a victim of hackers, and that’s by being careful the way you give out information that has to do with yourself. Hackers target you when you give out information about yourself.
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:16:56 PM

I think not because there will always be people that would easily fall for "too good to be true" frauds and you cannot change that unless there is a good education on preventing them or just be moral enough to not scam - there will always be greed for money and they would do anything for it.
I think the blockchain technology and the legit wallets are very safe and stolen or hacked accounts are pretty sure is more on the users' fault.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:34:01 PM

I don't know for sure but I think that wallet with bitcoins can be easily hacked if a person is a great hacker. As for the fraud, there are many fraudsters and scammers today and crypto market isn't an exception
Bitcoins are not hacked while in the transaction it can be hacked while we keep them in an unsecured wallet but if it is a fiat transaction then it can be hacked while in the transaction too by great hackers.but fraud means if you lay bitcoins to fraud then you will never get back to your bitcoins because all the transactions are irreversible.
Altf4

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:31:15 PM

Bitcoins are not hacked while in the transaction it can be hacked while we keep them in an unsecured wallet but if it is a fiat transaction then it can be hacked while in the transaction too by great hackers.but fraud means if you lay bitcoins to fraud then you will never get back to your bitcoins because all the transactions are irreversible.
I do not think it is true that bitcoin is immune from hackers, I agree that cryptocurrency transactions from wallet to another wallet might be hacked, because hackers are waiting for timing that our wallet be open and expose to hacking activities, and this might gonna  happen.

whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:22:30 PM

I do not think it is true that bitcoin is immune from hackers, I agree that cryptocurrency transactions from wallet to another wallet might be hacked, because hackers are waiting for timing that our wallet be open and expose to hacking activities, and this might gonna  happen.
It is only possible if you let someone know about your private keys or your computer comptomised by the phishing links,when you store and make transactions from an hardware wallet you will be completely safe and it is not that much costly a hardware wallet it is only cost about less than $100.
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:32:40 PM

Consider the value of bitcoin,it has made exchanges prime targets for hacking, and thus has made hacks there quite lucrative..
I mean the anonymity and irrevocability associated with bitcoin transactions means that the money lost is also irrecoverable, CMIIW..

In shortly speaking bitcoin stability is better than other crypto currency. you know what? Despite of all speculation that bitcoin aledgedly was scam that was many people say and many times that hacker would continuously attack until it will shuting down. Bitcoin is continue their service perfectly. All dominated  things are always on top of the delicate situation because of the people with self interest. That's why you would say bitcoin are prime target of hacker, regarding of unrecoberable fund because of wrong transaction its depend upon the company because before we proceed of some transaction there is a guidlines that must be follow.

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sureshotcoin

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:59:37 PM

bitcoin wallets are immune to hack at any given point in time so we should nt hold the bitcoin in wallets for longer time
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: