Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:07:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Money = Cashless Society  (Read 4250 times)
Bitexpert2017

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:23:51 PM

This is the way of the future transactions. It is really easy and you end up not getting to touch any cash just like you exemplified. This is part of the idea conceived by the Cryptocurrency and easy payments for goods and services rendered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bolivar_Tony

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:12:04 PM

To have a society without cash we need a lot of external impacts, most of the world today are all using facial expressions, but each country has a distinct currency, I think If Bitcoin were to make international money, there would be a lot of things to be done quickly.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Lagrood

Activity: 728
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:14:41 PM

What a nice question. I live in developing country and I can say you with a full confidence that here people trust only cash. There are a lot of reasons why so and I am completely sure that nothing will change soon.
sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:01:49 PM

In this thread, many have written about the benefits of digital money. However, there is a problem of public consciousness, which is not yet ready to give up paper money completely. I do not think that there are any objective reasons for this, it's just a matter of time when people completely restructure themselves for online money. Now, for example, the share of purchases through the Internet is growing steadily, but still very small

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
marineboss

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Korean Syndicate / Translator

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:08:10 PM

Digital money definetely eliminates the paper money involved in the system. But would it make the system completely cashless is the main question. Well, it can definetely bring in a "less cash" drive than the cashless one. Offcourse achieving a cashless society is the bigger goal but we need to wait for that for a while. For now, less-cash society is whats being offered with the advent of digital money, and the whole digitization process  alltogether.

Offcourse the cryotocurrency will add to this in a good and substantial way as it is based completely on digital money, created and existant over the cloud. This if regularised in a more advanced and accepting way, will definetely pave ways for cash-less economy and will eliminate problems assiciated with paper money like theft, laundering, corruption, etc.

There's definitely quite a bit of merit to what you said, and I want to echo the idea behind your question on whether it makes any sense to go completely cashless. What if we did not have cash? Wouldn't that be some sort of restriction on society itself? Completely ridiculous. There currently is a drive to go cashless because it is a trend, it is convenient, and there is a market race between payment processors to become the most established within their respective markets -- like, see PayPal, Square, Payoneer, Amazon Payments, Visa/Mastercard/AMEX, etc.

▐ | ██ | ██ | ██ ||     DAOstack.io     || ██ | ██ | ██ | ▌
AN OPERATING SYSTEM FOR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE
s.mahmood

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 05:38:30 PM

If there is only one currency in the world that is bitcoin or another altcoin and Internet connection is every where of the world only then we can think about cashless society, otherwise not.
2start

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:58:37 PM

the development of digital money in my country has not developed rapidly. we have not been able to buy anything with crypto. maybe our government is still afraid of cryptocurrency
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:12:46 PM

It is said now China is a cashless society. Use of debit and credit cards in shops/stores, online pay bills, shopping online.

Money earned from the internet is known as digital/electronic money. People who earn money from the internet, they get paid money in electronic form by payment processors such as skrill, perfectmoney, alipay, paypal, bank-wire transfers because online workers are worldwide.

Last month, I got $20 from online surveys. The money was sent to my bank account via online payment processor. Now if I buy 2 shirts using debit cards at offline or online stores, there is no cash involved but I have 2 shirts.

Bitcoin is a part of digital money. How is digital money is your country ??

Digital money here in japan is legalize due to the amount of people who are interested on cryptocurrency, i believe that bitcoins will grow further more in the future to the demand of bitcoins so we can expect that the prediction of 50k dollar in the end of the year might really happen.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:29:54 PM

I am sorry, but i do not think that we are gonna live on a cashless society anytime soon.
So, the best thing that we can do is just to live on the present, i do not think that "everything" is going to suddenly change.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:32:18 PM

I think the main concept of cashless society will be when the whole world to become cashless and will rely on internet currency or any of the digital medium of payment method. Which is very far from our current time. We have to build a lot of stuff and we have to update our current technology in order to get everyone connected to the internet which is not an easy task. Still, if everyone understands the main concept of digital currencies then they can be a part of our digital cashless society.
Bastok

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:12:14 PM

It is said now China is a cashless society. Use of debit and credit cards in shops/stores, online pay bills, shopping online.

Money earned from the internet is known as digital/electronic money. People who earn money from the internet, they get paid money in electronic form by payment processors such as skrill, perfectmoney, alipay, paypal, bank-wire transfers because online workers are worldwide.

Last month, I got $20 from online surveys. The money was sent to my bank account via online payment processor. Now if I buy 2 shirts using debit cards at offline or online stores, there is no cash involved but I have 2 shirts.

In my country , low to average profile still using paper money in every transactions. They are more comfortable  to used it because they have'nt properly educate and inform the benefits in using digital money . Those high profile citizen , they are more comfortable bringing there debit or credit cards. More convenient for hassle free transaction becauase it is easy and quick. As an average citizen, i prefer to use card in every big transactions.
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:14:17 AM

In cashless society, US Dollar, Euro, Yuan, UK pound (currencies) are just numbers /digital.
SchiefelbeinBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:13:50 AM

I too like digital world. it feels so good to walk around without having paper and weighty coin money, searching for right coins
boblets243

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:46:38 AM

It is convenient  living in cashless society. You don't need to bring a large amount of money in purchasing in the malls. Yes, electronic banking is similar with Bitcoin. Only that the supply of money (physical or electronic money) is still controlled by the central banks.

Bitcoin is a separate entity in which the supply depends on mining. Both are convenient and the only difference is the both are independent systems.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:07:40 AM

I think that maybe in the future, cryptocurrency will be implemented as one of our currency to use for the online transactions but fiat will still be remained because not all of the people does really have the capability of earning bitcoins.

Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:02:19 AM

I agree with that. Cashless society has becoming the new trend in the world. With the presence of digital money, encouragement of cashless society has become strong. However, in my country, people are still preferring the use of fiat because of the presence of fraud, scam, skim and other illegal acts of those cards and digital currency,

Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:05:50 AM

It is very true that this bitcoin is digital currency so bitcoin holders can not have cash but I better trade using bitcoin because it is faster and safer, when we do transaction no one controls it.

sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:02:11 PM

A society cannot be called completely cashless society even if it is mostly using digital money. We cannot still deny the fact that we need the paper money to regulate the economy of our country and to identify us that the currency we are using is belongs to that society.

I agree. The fact that digital money is becoming more and more popular does not mean that ordinary cash will simply disappear. In some situations, we prefer to use cash. I think that these are different types of money, and therefore the digital money will not be able to completely replace the cash.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:31:47 PM

A society cannot be called completely cashless society even if it is mostly using digital money. We cannot still deny the fact that we need the paper money to regulate the economy of our country and to identify us that the currency we are using is belongs to that society.

I agree. The fact that digital money is becoming more and more popular does not mean that ordinary cash will simply disappear. In some situations, we prefer to use cash. I think that these are different types of money, and therefore the digital money will not be able to completely replace the cash.
Yes cashless society is a great idea but this will not be possible in the near future.Every person uses fiat currency for their day to day transactions.Fiat currency can be used anywhere and anytime unlike the digital money which requires internet connection to get operated.It also requires some knowledge.We need fiat currency to regulate the economy of our country.The digital money is also subjected to risks,fraud,scams too.It is also decentralised.
Betheng10

Activity: 238

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:49:17 PM

Bitcoin is well accepted here in our country (Philippines). Several government agencies accepts bitcoin as payment through an app. You have to convert bitcoin to our currency first though within that app. The app also lets you pay electric, water, internet and phone bills.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: