Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:59:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Money = Cashless Society  (Read 4250 times)
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:08:30 AM

Digital money works OK here. The cashless thing was  promoted alot from 2011 to 2014. I don't know about now because I hardly even listen to radio, watch television or read Newspaper these days. PoS is still being used Malls and shopping centers though. Most medium sized shops have the pos but hardly use them. They don't exist in most small shops.

Some Banks try to encourage people to go cashless with rewards but people don't care. We still like our cash.

Forgot to mention that electricity bill, phone bill, satellite TV subscription, etc can be purchased via numerous payment apps especially via bank Apps. USSD codes can  also be used for virtually all  purchases.

Good virtual payments already exist for a while now, the only problem is that it's dangerously centralized.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joshuarose

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:17:11 AM

It is said now China is a cashless society. Use of debit and credit cards in shops/stores, online pay bills, shopping online.

Money earned from the internet is known as digital/electronic money. People who earn money from the internet, they get paid money in electronic form by payment processors such as skrill, perfectmoney, alipay, paypal, bank-wire transfers because online workers are worldwide.

Last month, I got $20 from online surveys. The money was sent to my bank account via online payment processor. Now if I buy 2 shirts using debit cards at offline or online stores, there is no cash involved but I have 2 shirts.

Just like Bitcoin which does not have a physical presence, money/cash will not have physical presence in "cashless society/countries" where money becomes digital/numbers.

Bitcoin is a part of digital money. How is digital money is your country ??
yeah, bitcoin is digital money, because it was written by satoshi the inventor of bitcoin in 2009 ago, bitcoin can be used for online payments like PayPal, Skrill, PerfectMoney, Webmoney, Payeer and others, it's just different values, because the price one bitcoin can change quickly so I think bitcoin can still be used for investment because of fluctuating prices
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:59:39 AM

Cashless transactions are indeed getting numerous these days especially in the wealthy countries and soon cashless societies will soon invade other countries. But cryptocurrencies like bitcoin may competes with the other digital currencies that the different governments might launch in the future like digital dollar, yen or euro. Many banks her in my country are also starting to turn digital by modernizing their banking services to catch up with the recent developments.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
Lizzyflower

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:08:34 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2018, 07:37:30 AM by Lizzyflower

I do not go to the bank when buying anything save for some market women, who  are not use to mobile money, most times, I avoid them to save time. But bitcoin and other coins would be more better for a cashless society.
AmandaCherry00

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:33:51 AM

a society with no cash, with reduced crime rates and no legal loophole, will also facilitate governments.
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:05:52 AM

It is said now China is a cashless society. Use of debit and credit cards in shops/stores, online pay bills, shopping online.

Money earned from the internet is known as digital/electronic money. People who earn money from the internet, they get paid money in electronic form by payment processors such as skrill, perfectmoney, alipay, paypal, bank-wire transfers because online workers are worldwide.

Last month, I got $20 from online surveys. The money was sent to my bank account via online payment processor. Now if I buy 2 shirts using debit cards at offline or online stores, there is no cash involved but I have 2 shirts.

Just like Bitcoin which does not have a physical presence, money/cash will not have physical presence in "cashless society/countries" where money becomes digital/numbers.

In my country, credit cards are used quite often. When I come to the store with cash, they can't give me change... I get that a lot of times. Bitcoin may soon change all digital money.

Digital money can never replace fiat or credit cards. It will be not possible in the counties where the Internet is not used or used only by a low percentage of rich people.
sheryl26

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:49:17 AM

Of course most of the country will really switch into a cashless society if most of the people will vhoose it over a cash or a fiat. But then again there are some places around the world that will mo fully adapt this thing because not all of us are gonna like it and not all of us have a great technology so some of them will stay in cash or maybe co existing in each other.
BCSHonda

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:39:12 AM

The real answer to the cashless policy advocacy is Bitcoin/cryptocurrency, I foresee a global revolution that will tend to help convert  fiat into token, thereby aiding online and offline transaction without the use of fiat globally, Cryptocurrency is the real answer to cashless policy advocacy
This fact can not be applied immediately. Because electronic money and cash must go together. It will create the flow for the economy. The condition they support each other in every situation. For the future, if there is an alternative to electronic money in life, it also requires a greater experience. That really can be, I believe will come true.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:52:52 AM

I tend to believe that we will face world without cash bill money in near five years from now, of course for older people it will be harder to integrate, but they will be forced to do that.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:21:48 PM

Digital money can never replace fiat or credit cards. It will be not possible in the counties where the Internet is not used or used only by a low percentage of rich people.

Cash, money in the end is numbers. As long as you get what you pay for and work for and your account balance has the right numbers, there is no need for cash.

Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:22:42 AM

Cash, money in the end is numbers. As long as you get what you pay for and work for and your account balance has the right numbers, there is no need for cash.

As long as you are and have access to your bank you may think so, but the moment they decide that you should for one reason or another be considered a criminal or "an enemy of the state" and lock you out from your funds, you might want to reconsider. Actually you might come to the conclusion that cash is the best think ever.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:38:56 PM

As long as you are and have access to your bank you may think so, but the moment they decide that you should for one reason or another be considered a criminal or "an enemy of the state" and lock you out from your funds, you might want to reconsider. Actually you might come to the conclusion that cash is the best think ever.

It really depend to us on where we are comfortable to use. Anyway, it's a good thing to have a cashless society, but the fact that there are still a lot of people that prefers to use a cash over digital. And yes, it's still best to have a cash over digital money.
Phil315

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:48:42 PM

The digital money or currency is a way of promoting a cashless society since people will no longer carry physical fiat money around.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:53:51 PM

Will it really be a cashless society, i see digital currency later on but i can’t see cash being erased because of many who are not into it especially the poor. I think many fiat remains. Though technology is improving, how about the poor who can’t even invest without computer without cellphone?
If poverty in the world cannot be overcome then cash will continue to exist, because the poor will not be able to have the ability to access digital currencies, but if you see a lot of films about the future the poor can still use digital currency, maybe help from the government lol..
Phophobobooo

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:44:19 PM

I hope in the near future bitcoin will be widely available, so that everyone can grasp and invest to make a profit.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:30:38 AM

I tend to believe that we will face world without cash bill money in near five years from now, of course for older people it will be harder to integrate, but they will be forced to do that.
I also think they will be difficult to integrate. But all later use. Then they have to adapt to it.
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:33:09 PM

If an illegal bank account is frozen by the authorities, neither cash nor debit/credit cards can be used for that account.
Agniya

Activity: 282
Merit: 4

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:06:27 PM

I think that the future is non-cash and virtual money. And blockchain technology is our future, too.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:26:39 AM

I also think they will be difficult to integrate. But all later use. Then they have to adapt to it.
if that happens, maybe only a few countries can do it, because there are still many countries that cannot formalize digital currencies as payment transactions
Edward_Ray

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:38:08 AM

A cashless society can actually seem to exist without what many people call digital currency. As we know, before digital currencies became popular, many governments had been working towards a cashless society. When I say digital currencies, I mean currencies like cryptocurrencies that do not exist at all in the note form. But I think a truly cashless society will not be dependent on the Fiat system at all. Take for example China which you used in your post. Last time I checked, Bitcoin was banned there. So, even in pursuit of a cashless society there, it's not truly digital. And the definition of their "cashless" would be "less of cash" and not "cash-less".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: