Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:20:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My MEW Got Hacked  (Read 1531 times)
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:20:38 PM

I don't think you know enough about blockchain, if you don't give your private key to someone else, then it's impossible for someone else to steal your tokens.
So I think what you need to do right now is to quickly move your assets.

pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:23:35 PM

Edit: I have Zero ether in my account so I cannot transfer remaining tokens to another account. In order to transfer I need to buy ETH. Is it a good idea to buy ETH and transfer to old account then transfer remaining tokens to a new address?

That's the very least you can do for now. It's better to transfer all the remaining crypto assets you have in your wallet before it's too late. You can buy Eth  in crypto exchanges and transfer them to your MEW so you can have a gas to transfer all your cryptos in a safer wallet.

Jednopivo

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:26:37 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. The best thing you should do, is buy a hardware wallet, Nano S for example.

Follow these steps:

Incase it was malware on your computer run malwarebytes
Install an anti-virus on your computer and perform a full scan.
For any websites you are signed up with and which offer 2-step authentication use it! Google, Facebook, Twitter, some trading exchange platforms do, etc.
Always make sure that the website you're entering is the real one. Many sites look real, but are phishing sites.
Don't click on any emails you receive that you weren't expecting, and never click on any links within that email!
Consider using a VPN - great for when you're using public wi-fi. If you've connected to wi-fi which is actually a scammer, the VPN will have your back as it encrypts your data.

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:27:05 PM

MEW was not hacked. You are most probably a victim of a phishing site. Never access your MEW without another layer of security like Metamask. Or use hard wallets.
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 12:28:57 PM

I got hacked too! I didn't even know what is the reason. And I am quite sure that I have not visited any phishing websites.  I've lost a quite amount but it is not too late to start again. Till now, I still see the hacker transferring my tokens to her/his wallet while I am asleep.
this is only means the hacker have your private key. The only solution you can do to not this things happen again is create a new wallet . If your wallet have a balance transfer it all now to the new created wallet.
emmanborromeo67

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:30:58 PM

For my experience i am a vitims of hack. I create again myetherwallet and i transfered my coins in my new wallet to secured my coin.
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:52:49 PM

Hi,

Today I checked my wallet and I noticed someone transferred 84(50$) CS tokens from account to 0xd8490b0a7db82be84d99ff6e047ed07769b7a6eb address. I know it is impossible to get those tokens and it is not a lot but I want to know how my account got hacked. Is there any way we could track how the person got my wallet key? Any help would be appreciated.

here is the transaction https://ethplorer.io/tx/0x3fbc60b142e314da6512881cd5141c8768e6ece19fd1756c47deb37827a7a7ec#pageSize=100

Thanks!

Edit: I have Zero ether in my account so I cannot transfer remaining tokens to another account. In order to transfer I need to buy ETH. Is it a good idea to buy ETH and transfer to old account then transfer remaining tokens to a new address?

My current ETH address
https://ethplorer.io/address/0xd66e6580605a90020b63c0f922311f5bdc36725c

I think that's an idea you have to do. You have to move all your coins in the new wallet so your coins will not hilanb anymore. Last year I experienced a thing that ama my coins in lost mew and since then I change my wallet and the old coin I move in the new wallet.
runque

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:55:03 PM

How is this possible? Did you use your private key somewhere else and was hacked? This should be the only way
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:36:09 PM

My Sister also got hacked!
If you expect to have a token in your hacked MEW account, check regularly and be ready to fund it with ETH for Gas Fee,
Therefore you will have an advantage of getting your new coins in your hacked MEW against the hacker, as the hacker in my sister always regularly check if there is new token transferred.

quarkchain.io
Fancyax

Merit: 100

Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 01:39:46 PM

You can't be hacked unless you gave your private keys in a phishing page or your computer itself is compromised. No way to get back your coins or to know your robber.

9tails

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:52:15 AM

Were the same issue, My MEW got hacked but I don't know why and also all my friends got hacked all of our valueable tokens is gone.
Evangeline2

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:14:22 AM

You should have entered the phishing site, and if you are the NEW one from the bookmark, you should not be hacked.

vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:49:42 AM

I got hacked too! I didn't even know what is the reason. And I am quite sure that I have not visited any phishing websites.  I've lost a quite amount but it is not too late to start again. Till now, I still see the hacker transferring my tokens to her/his wallet while I am asleep.
this is only means the hacker have your private key. The only solution you can do to not this things happen again is create a new wallet . If your wallet have a balance transfer it all now to the new created wallet.
So creating a new wallet is definitely the best solution for the moment. Hackers are now at every turn, so you need to be very careful and follow all the rules to protect your data from the hands of hackers.
yadan86

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:55:18 AM

MEW don't store any data about your wallet ,i think you maybe lost you private key or other can open your wallet .think twice carefully about it yourself.
hailtheking

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:55:50 AM

There's a lot of hackers everywhere so we should take good care of our private keys. Maybe you've logged in to a phishing site using your private key. Next time, be alert and always double check if you are logging in to a correct site.
Kizaki

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:01:19 AM

Hi,

Today I checked my wallet and I noticed someone transferred 84(50$) CS tokens from account to 0xd8490b0a7db82be84d99ff6e047ed07769b7a6eb address. I know it is impossible to get those tokens and it is not a lot but I want to know how my account got hacked. Is there any way we could track how the person got my wallet key? Any help would be appreciated.

here is the transaction https://ethplorer.io/tx/0x3fbc60b142e314da6512881cd5141c8768e6ece19fd1756c47deb37827a7a7ec#pageSize=100

Thanks!

My current ETH address
https://ethplorer.io/address/0xd66e6580605a90020b63c0f922311f5bdc36725c

This thing already happened to one of my friend before and after doing some research and asking questions to other people who have been in crypto for too long here are possible reasons for getting hacked. You opened a fake or a phishing site. You might have also opened some malware while doing or clicking some sites, a key logger must've been installed into your computer. And here is one scary thing that I have heard from one of my friend, it is possible that there's a back door on the contract of the token since you have said that you have no ethereum to transfer the tokens.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
anhlandibo12

Activity: 151

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:14:35 AM

I think this guy, cherrymonsoon, related to this case. Your CS token was sent to 0xD8490B0a7dB82bE84D99fF6E047eD07769b7a6EB and this ETH address has 3 IN transaction from ETH address of cherrymonsoon. But I think this is just an alt account. Maybe you need to investigate a little bit more to find out who hacked your CS token.

annstasia009

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:15:07 AM

Recently, I have been reporting that more and more wallets have been broken; I do not even know how to save myself from this.

adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 09:33:34 AM

Phsing scam is the worst to fall for its always advisable to bookmark your websites and also very important to install metamask so as not to fall victim of phsing websites.
As regards your coins, I think the truth is they are as gone as possible. That's what you get in a decentralized atmosphere, its either u are careful or u are sorry.

ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:55:34 AM

Recently, I have been reporting that more and more wallets have been broken; I do not even know how to save myself from this.

well
just bookmark or install app metamask or mew extension.
how many time people still ignoring how to secure the account.
damn.
people just want about money , but never think about secure their money.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀