Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:09:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My MEW Got Hacked  (Read 1531 times)
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:26:11 AM

i am getting worried more and more because there are a lot of people being hacked the wallet  Sad Sad

I think some of the account wallet get hacked. Because of the negligence of the users. Maybe he or she shared their private key to his common friends or he lost his usb or cellphone. It is very important to all of us her in this furom to be responsible by keeping it safe to our private keys in our wallet accounts. In order to prevent from those hackers.   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 03:33:48 AM

I would get a hardware wallet. Phishing is likely what got you, or maybe you downloaded something?

Positivebetting
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 03:33:53 AM

Hi,

Today I checked my wallet and I noticed someone transferred 84(50$) CS tokens from account to 0xd8490b0a7db82be84d99ff6e047ed07769b7a6eb address. I know it is impossible to get those tokens and it is not a lot but I want to know how my account got hacked. Is there any way we could track how the person got my wallet key? Any help would be appreciated.

here is the transaction https://ethplorer.io/tx/0x3fbc60b142e314da6512881cd5141c8768e6ece19fd1756c47deb37827a7a7ec#pageSize=100

Thanks!

Edit: I have Zero ether in my account so I cannot transfer remaining tokens to another account. In order to transfer I need to buy ETH. Is it a good idea to buy ETH and transfer to old account then transfer remaining tokens to a new address?

My current ETH address
https://ethplorer.io/address/0xd66e6580605a90020b63c0f922311f5bdc36725c
Quite unfortunate for you. But things like this need to happen sometimes for us to learn. From this experience you will learn to be more vigilant than careless. Phishing sites are so rampant now a days that we should be keen in our daily transactions. If in doubt or the site is suspicious, do not click on it! This will give hackers access to our accounts. Learn from our mistakes and be better.

Vandemos

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:42:00 AM

Recently, I have been reporting that more and more wallets have been broken; I do not even know how to save myself from this.
now very vulnerable once the phishing site,
I hope we have to be careful and bookmark every important site
coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:02:26 AM

To me, myetherwallet wallet is one of the most frequently hacked. Therefore, security must be approached very strongly. I had a case when he stole coins$2000. It really upset me. Then I decided to buy a hardware wallet LEDGER. Was very pleased with the purchase. I recommend, if you want to protect your money!

Maybe it is time for me to consider buying a hardware wallet as well. I have been always hesitated to do so and generally just use the online version of myetherwallet. Although I do not have much money it in, it is better for me to secure it I think.
Marksmanio

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 04:07:06 AM

Really i don't believe that Mew can hack-able. I think your trusted person knew it and he/she do it.  Smiley
laros212

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

https://tokensale.bitwings.org

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 04:07:18 AM

Maybe you was ever going site pishing.then you haasbeen input your private key or pasword to join something there.

indika8821

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:31:57 AM

MyEtherWallet is a client-side wallet, which means you hold your keys. If someone gets your private key (keystore file, mnemonic, passwords), they have complete access to your funds. There is no stopping transactions, canceling transactions, or resetting passwords. Once a transaction is on the blockchain, it's final.
xys9ik0p

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:09:42 AM

follow these steps will eliminated possibility of hack or phishing

1.  Bookmark exchange , myetherwallet, blockchain etc (bookmark every exchange wallet)

2.  Save only token address on notepad no private key ( check every coin you have as many time as you like)

3.  check token info with address only without using private key  (Never expose private key to anyone or site)

4.  Use offline transaction to transfer coins (two computers needed )
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 08:13:46 AM

follow these steps will eliminated possibility of hack or phishing

1.  Bookmark exchange , myetherwallet, blockchain etc (bookmark every exchange wallet)

2.  Save only token address on notepad no private key ( check every coin you have as many time as you like)

3.  check token info with address only without using private key  (Never expose private key to anyone or site)

4.  Use offline transaction to transfer coins (two computers needed )

This is very wise advice and I also recommend you opening multiple wallets as well so this way, less and less chances of losing all your coins. I remember when my Wife first opened her first MEW account and she got phished and lost like over 2k USD worth of tokens and Ethereum and she was devastated as she had worked so hard to collect them. If you can't get a hardware wallet, then open as many MEWS as you can and try to do all of the above that the Author here recommends. I am deeply saddened at the fact that people are working so hard and the thieves are working ever harder.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:37:16 AM

As i see the account posted on the picture, ONLY suspicious transaction is the CREDITS (CS)! {in your account}

You can see that the Mew of the reciever from your wallet is
https://etherscan.io/address/0xd8490b0a7db82be84d99ff6e047ed07769b7a6eb

which have other transactions including 5++ ETH..

main wallet of the reciever https://etherscan.io/address/0x2b5634c42055806a59e9107ed44d43c426e58258#tokentxns

These is really a huge pocket!
hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:58:04 AM

i am getting worried more and more because there are a lot of people being hacked the wallet  Sad Sad
In this situation we are more alert and dont put our private key in a public software so that we can avoid problem and any hesitation in our mind.

Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:18:38 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 09:31:39 AM by Babayan

Sir, it is so sad but you cant restore your funds, because it is your responsibility to store your pr key in safe place. Also i advice you to combine MEW with metamask, it will improve the safety of your wallet.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
MNtrio

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:50:55 AM

Hi,

Today I checked my wallet and I noticed someone transferred 84(50$) CS tokens from account to 0xd8490b0a7db82be84d99ff6e047ed07769b7a6eb address. I know it is impossible to get those tokens and it is not a lot but I want to know how my account got hacked. Is there any way we could track how the person got my wallet key? Any help would be appreciated.

here is the transaction https://ethplorer.io/tx/0x3fbc60b142e314da6512881cd5141c8768e6ece19fd1756c47deb37827a7a7ec#pageSize=100

Thanks!

Edit: I have Zero ether in my account so I cannot transfer remaining tokens to another account. In order to transfer I need to buy ETH. Is it a good idea to buy ETH and transfer to old account then transfer remaining tokens to a new address?

My current ETH address

We face same problem this time one of our member of bitcoin in our relatives has been, they same what happen to your MEW account. She always doing airdrop since the start, I never teach them anything so I doubt in airdrop that send through email. So what we do is we donate her account little by little ETH so we can transfer her token faster before the hacker will get theme all. We discover to late almost all potential token has been transfer but we try all to transfer in the new MEW. When we search the MEW of the hacker it has comment in their. We really don't know how did he/she access the MEW of our family members.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:40:39 AM

My partner also got hacked in MEW, one of the reasons is that she got careless in one of the registrations in a campaign or airdrop. Or she got to a website that exposed her wallet. Good thing that it was just in her first airdrop and social media campaign earnings that we noticed it and immediately changed her wallet and integrated it to metamask for extra security. That is why we should be very careful in every thing we do specially in our crypto wallets if you think that a transaction, airdrop, bounty or website is fishy double check its credibility so that you will not lose anything.
xarly1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:52:51 PM

Unfortunately this happens all the time. Too many wallets, too many exchanges. Security was not the same as we expected.      
TomiJerry

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:39:47 PM

I don't think that MEW was hacked. More relistic that you have been disclosed your private key to third parties. It is not MEW was hacked - it is YOU was hacked, anyway it is good lesson for future.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:22:19 AM

my mew also was hacked about 1 month ago. i also lost some money, i was keeping inside. and the reason was not myetherwallet. my computer was infected by some viruses or trojan that is why they could get my wallet.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:57:28 AM

Hi,

Thanks!

My current ETH address

Your wallet is not safe anymore to used, just change your wallet. Don't use MEW anymore if you are not aware of phishing sites.
Try to use hard wallet like ledger nano or at least use metamask wallet ( a browser extension ) to prevent more phishing hacking attempt in the future.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:50:24 AM

Hi,

Thanks!

Firstly i say no need to send ETH into that account because if you send eth it will also transfer by hacker instantly. On the other hand if it hacked? why other tokens not transfered?. It may be for that tokens value is no more. Everything is possible in crypto world and hacking is also normal thing. As for example if you used your MEW private key in any exchanger and if its DNS server hacked your account must will be hacked by hacker that happened in Etherdelta exchanger.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: