Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:30:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My MEW Got Hacked  (Read 1531 times)
Aum Ram

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:13:05 PM

There is no way to get your money back. You are very lucky that there was so little money in your account. You need to buy a hardware wallet, such as Trezor, and use it with MEW. This is the safest way that I know.
leow

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:18:41 PM

To me, myetherwallet wallet is one of the most frequently hacked. Therefore, security must be approached very strongly. I had a case when he stole coins$2000. It really upset me. Then I decided to buy a hardware wallet LEDGER. Was very pleased with the purchase. I recommend, if you want to protect your money!
xireKT

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:22:59 PM

That's why you should always store your coins/tokens in a hardware wallet: Trezor / Nano Ledger S... It's the safest type of storage available for cryptocurrencies.

As for your MEW being hacked, surely you must have done something wrong in order to have made it vulnerable. I've had MEW for months and never had issues with tokens/coins getting stolen from my wallet.

Zalfa_mui

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:23:47 PM

It seems that you are attacked by phishing, immediately move the remaining tokens to another address.But you have to move fast in moving another token.Be careful now many hackers where.

miraxgr

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:27:45 PM

I, too, think that are trapped on phishing site. This is the most popular way to hacking such purses. My recommendation - do not keep on your computer passwords and private keys from wallets and exchanges, and the money will be in place!
Sri1267 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:47:26 PM

It seems that you are attacked by phishing, immediately move the remaining tokens to another address.But you have to move fast in moving another token.Be careful now many hackers where.

First I thought it was a phishing attack but today I looked at my browser history and I couldn't locate the phishing website.
nikaPetro

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:50:56 PM

It is a pity that break wallets,but that exists nowhere in the world of high technology,the question remains how to protect from hackers.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:52:15 PM

Be careful on the people you are dealing, make sure you transfer the amount of token you want to address and double check always your private key sometimes you send your private key not the ETH address. Dont get Phished coz it will be compromise.

alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:55:38 PM

I very much regret that you were subjected to such an attack, I think that it is very dangerous to spread all sorts of news now, or even to say that you are engaged in crypto-currency, because you are becoming a target.
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:23:20 PM

i am getting worried more and more because there are a lot of people being hacked the wallet  Sad Sad

Don't use metamask, and do not use MEW if you do not have a hardware wallet or a safe encrypted wallet.

I do not understand why there are a lot of people still doing the same, is like if you like to get hacked.

Sorry, but there is no going back in here, just buy a hardware wallet.

well the logic reason about it just , probaly u get keylogger when you surfing on internet.
or phising with fake mew.
a most of people still not aware about how to secure a simple wallet like that.

Yeah, i believe in that too some of as used keylogger for easily connected to the main account of our wallets and this is wrong procedure. This can be prevent if your computer will turn off everytime you don't used so that the connection of IP will not be detect by hackers were mostly the beginning of this 24/7 accounts log on.

or , u can try another option , like use MEW extension on chrome.
for safety u need save private key to your private notepad,or wherever u want.
that better i think , u dont need to worry about u surfing to the right MEW sites or not.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
carlowell

Activity: 168

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 07:38:09 PM

Hi,

Today I checked my wallet and I noticed someone transferred 84(50$) CS tokens from account to 0xd8490b0a7db82be84d99ff6e047ed07769b7a6eb address. I know it is impossible to get those tokens and it is not a lot but I want to know how my account got hacked. Is there any way we could track how the person got my wallet key? Any help would be appreciated.

here is the transaction https://ethplorer.io/tx/0x3fbc60b142e314da6512881cd5141c8768e6ece19fd1756c47deb37827a7a7ec#pageSize=100

Thanks!

Edit: I have Zero ether in my account so I cannot transfer remaining tokens to another account. In order to transfer I need to buy ETH. Is it a good idea to buy ETH and transfer to old account then transfer remaining tokens to a new address?

My current ETH address
https://ethplorer.io/address/0xd66e6580605a90020b63c0f922311f5bdc36725c

You are one of the most unfortunate crypto holder because you let the remote attackers and hijackers to infest your computer or devices.
You must learn good lesson this time because Cryptocurrency wallet private key must be protected away from remote attackers all the time.

carlowell

Activity: 168

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 07:41:57 PM

I very much regret that you were subjected to such an attack, I think that it is very dangerous to spread all sorts of news now, or even to say that you are engaged in crypto-currency, because you are becoming a target.

But now, it's not too late not to start over again on crypto and after you get Altcoins again be sure you're very careful on accessing your wallet so that you will not lose again your crypto assets.
You can use hardware wallet if you can because it is more secure and safer than mew private key access as we always do.

uchiikina14

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:20:38 AM

Hi,

Today I checked my wallet and I noticed someone transferred 84(50$) CS tokens from account to 0xd8490b0a7db82be84d99ff6e047ed07769b7a6eb address. I know it is impossible to get those tokens and it is not a lot but I want to know how my account got hacked. Is there any way we could track how the person got my wallet key? Any help would be appreciated.

here is the transaction https://ethplorer.io/tx/0x3fbc60b142e314da6512881cd5141c8768e6ece19fd1756c47deb37827a7a7ec#pageSize=100

Thanks!

Edit: I have Zero ether in my account so I cannot transfer remaining tokens to another account. In order to transfer I need to buy ETH. Is it a good idea to buy ETH and transfer to old account then transfer remaining tokens to a new address?

My current ETH address
https://ethplorer.io/address/0xd66e6580605a90020b63c0f922311f5bdc36725c

If your wallet gets hacked you cannot track how its get hacked maybe you have entered it in phisibg site. You can make a new wallet in myetherwallet and just use metamask rather than your passkey so that it will not be hacked again.
iAMawi123

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 04:43:37 AM

I got hacked too! I didn't even know what is the reason. And I am quite sure that I have not visited any phishing websites.  I've lost a quite amount but it is not too late to start again. Till now, I still see the hacker transferring my tokens to her/his wallet while I am asleep.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:03:05 AM

Sorry for ur loss. I like MEW but is prone to fishing. So I made a habit to only access it from the bookmark. I tied it to Ledger nano too. Hope it will be sufficient.

And MEW has the security tips every time you access your wallet. Please don't simply ignore them, read it through at least once.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
cryptosifu

Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:17:59 AM

If you feel that your myetherwallet has been compromised, you should purchase some ethereum to transfer out the rest of your tokens into a new wallet.  Bookmark MEW to be safe. 
s.Zavgorod

Activity: 224

"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:45:21 AM

The most the best protection from hacking this own head. You just have to spend a couple of hours a day reading information about the methods of hacking and stealing accounts. Then once logged in, you will immediately understand Snitch here's your key or not.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬    
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:00:10 PM

You might be leading to a phising site. I think you bymistake enter your keys on phising site. Recently one of my friend MEW Ac got hacked and hacker withdrawl all his valuable coins from his wallet. There is no way to track how someone got your wallet key. If you want to transfer your remaining tokens from your hacked Ac. I would say it would be risky to transfer eth to hacked wallet If you would be lucky then you will be able to transfer your rest of the coins otherwise hacker might be access your Ac again the moment you transfer your ether.

Zalfa_mui

Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:07:14 PM

Many hackers everywhere, we cryptocurrency players should always be alert and careful.Because we are the target of the hackers .. And already many victims.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:16:45 PM

It is better to not install chrome plugins.one of them can be spying app,be careful
And install good firewall

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print