Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:40:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading VS ICOs?  (Read 926 times)
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:00:44 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 05:45:09 PM by Poink

Day Trading and ICO it is two different things.

Exactly.  It is like...should I buy a car (unknown kind) or should I race it, type of question.  LOL

Given your current knowledge, buy BTC or ETH and hold it.  Keep learning then hopefully in time you will realize what is right for you (HODL, trade, participate on ICO, etc.).  Good luck!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clairewarwick7866

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:09:01 PM

In my opinion I would like to invest in ICO the reason is it promising big profits on condition. They both risky investment. but ICO gives you option to choose and avoid risk. But do your own research before investing.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:16:10 PM

In my opinion I would like to invest in ICO the reason is it promising big profits on condition. They both risky investment. but ICO gives you option to choose and avoid risk. But do your own research before investing.

HOW?

Risk comes in many form...many you don't even expect.  There are many ICO's that looked good on paper and just fizzled out.  Some are very promising but got listed only on bad exchanges and died.

Most people don't realize the ICO risk...remember, the money you put in ICO is a "donation".  They can run away and there is nothing you can do about it.  There is no greater risk than that.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:43:05 PM

If you're an experienced day-trader who knows how to manage risks properly and "read" the markets definitely go for it. You will most probably grow your portfolio more then by investing in ICOs. Don't forget that ICOs are dangerous as well! Always DYOR and don't get manipulated by shiny things and promises. Make rational decisions and manage your funds accordingly!
monster energy

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:05:15 PM

if i have to choose then i prefer to follow ico than on daily trading. because I am busy with my job, maybe if I trade then my work will be disrupted, so I prefer ICO
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:06:44 PM

Not any of the two. Why? I believe 95% ICOs are just pure shit and just a pump and dump scheme for some people. The whole concept behind an ICO these days are also far from reality, making it's hard to believe that they will actually deliver the promised product. I also don't have the time for day trading. It's very very time consuming and stressful. I'm a student, I definitely don't have the time nor I could handle the stress. So what do I do?

Why must you choose between the two? Don't you know you can choose other trade strategy like mid-term/long-term trading? That's what I do. Investing in some altcoin for a longer time. In my spare time, I make a research on some altcoins, deciding which one is worthy for investment. I make a regular investment everytime I earned some money. That's how I do it. Don't take too much time and far more effective.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:29:22 PM

The possibility of making a lot of money in one day, via day trading, is alluring to most.  However, if you're working a full-time job (or two) how can you spend time watching the market to know when to buy and sell?  I'm in a few other groups and people are often promoting ICOs as the way to go.  They definitely require less monitoring.  What do y'all think?
both of them imposes different risks influenced by the current market condition or the possible potential of the ICO, they both possess some ups and downs, day trading requires a regular monitoring to the markets price flow while on the other hand ICO it takes more time to know the result of the sale.

ICO investment is tricky as well, if the market is bearish more likely the coin you purchased in ico will be trading even below ico price when it gets listed, so not only choosing quality project with competent team is important while investing in an ico but overall market sentiment also has its impact.
This a pain in the head actually mostly if the crowdsale started from the bull market where all the price of the cryptocurrency which is accepted as a payment for an ICO is high then it finishes when the market corrections and crashes are starting sometimes it is better to wait for the actual release of the token the exchanges cause your going to see some tokens more way cheaper than the presale with the addition of bonuses.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:01:39 PM

Yes ICO's does not require that much time to monitor your promotions and you get to pick your time on when you check them but it does have some requirements too. Day trading on the other hand works great for those who really have time to spend on monitoring coins, especially if you want to go for short term trading. I tried that once and it just didn't work for me as days go by because I don't get enough sleep, and without sleep you really can't think straight.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:08:02 PM

You don't have to sit in front of the screen 24/7 to make money day trading. You can tell by the charts on what's going to happen. So if you find something that has indicated it's going somewhere, you just buy it up and list it for a higher price and then walk away. Also, there's a lot of scammy icos out there. So you really have to be careful going that route.
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:34:35 PM

Daily trading requires a lot of time indeed while investing in ICO requires a good one-time research. But in my opinion day trading is skill-based, while investing in ICO is more related to your luck.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 05:14:32 AM

You can not really compare them, because the method, process and the time consumed is so different. If you have a lot of time, unemployed and has some money, doing both will be great. But if I must pick one of them I prefer trading since we could manage all the risk.

ajoy

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:19:04 AM

both of those is great but importantly you should evaluate and analyze what between those are gonna pump
Coinhype

Activity: 204
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:23:07 AM

Initial Coin Offerings will alaways be the easiest form of investing and getting fast money growth. When you invest in a good ico, its always sure that the value of your coins will go upside. So its good for beginners. When you want to day trade, its a little bit harder. Day trading is not for beginners. So many new people start end of last year with day trading while the bullrun of bitcoin, and they thought how easy it is. But believe thats not normal. For day trading you need a lot of skills and a lot of experience. Otherwise you will lose money very fast!
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:02:32 AM

The possibility of making a lot of money in one day, via day trading, is alluring to most.  However, if you're working a full-time job (or two) how can you spend time watching the market to know when to buy and sell?  I'm in a few other groups and people are often promoting ICOs as the way to go.  They definitely require less monitoring.  What do y'all think?

Nowadays ICOs are not quick profitable unless it is really a good ICO if you have a good time then day trading is not a bad option after learning it. But if there is time constraint then ICO investment is not a bad option, however proper research about investing ICO is mondatory before investing any money.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:06:07 AM

Day trading is not an easy thing for most people.  Buying and Holding promising ICOs and other top coins is a safer approach.
Hssn

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:50:09 AM

If you found a good ico and invest in the ico you could make 10-1000x but finding those kind of icos are so hard now days as everyday many ico's are pumping, daytrading is also a great if you compound your daily income in few months you rise you amount to double or triple but need too much concentrate and TA, also now there's few bot available if you don't have any time for day trade like profitrailer, crypto agent bot etc...
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:17:25 AM

Day trading is not an easy thing for most people.  Buying and Holding promising ICOs and other top coins is a safer approach.
Especially if we will see the bearish market. if we are doing day trading and if the bearish trend was coming and then we will be automatically getting trapped when we are buying at the top and that's involved very high risk compared with longterm holding.
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:24:58 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 10:38:30 AM by celtic99

Day trading is possible but you need to do a lot of research and the key is to be PATIENT.
profit-shooter

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:31:20 AM

Hi! It depends on your knowledge and experience. If you are a swing trader then you will not have to sit all the time at the computer and analyze market situation because swing traders are concentrated on analyzing bigger time frames (on daily charts for example). But ICO is also a very good investment decision, the main thing here is to choose the right ICO with the well-designed concept and experienced managers in place. I hope my response helped you!
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:40:07 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 10:50:23 AM by atliens99

I think day trading is a very risky game  , same with ICOs, I wouldn't do it myself and would stick to holding.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: