Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coolest thing currently being done with Bitcoin?  (Read 1518 times)
Rupture

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:39:05 AM

Definitely the ATM right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ethapus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:16:35 AM

ATM is definitely important, but as for COOLEST, I opt for: http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/13/investing/bitcoins-philippines-typhoon-donations/
Improving bitcoins image at the same time as donating for a good purpose  Smiley
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:54:50 AM

I agree with those saying the ATM.  Just seeing these around I could see it legitimizing Bitcoin for those that aren't aware of it, or sure about it.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
psychocoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 11:35:11 AM

Can't wait for the ATMs to spread worldwide.

Win up to $200 every hour in BTC and DOGE! Trade MOTO, MIN, and other alts on C-CEX!
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 11:45:34 AM

Any advice if Bitcoin ATMs have hit Australian shores yet? I did read that they were being imported, but can't remember where now.

Looking at the cost of the ATM, good luck on trying to break-even..
5htp

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:01:21 PM

Mastercoin is a pretty cool idea, a protocol being built on top of bitcoin, not another alt coin!
coreli

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:18:35 PM

I think the MasterCoin protocol is super awesome. It it works then bitcoin becomes more robust and demand goes up. Mastercoin is revolutionary and takes away more financial controls from the old system and decentralizes them for the people.

I'll second Mastercoin. As has been said elsewhere, it's definitely not just another altcoin. Moreover, development of the protocol is progressing rapidly, thanks to the simplicity of its design. (Full disclosure: I own some Mastercoin.)

Wow - thanks! You can't imagine how nice it is to have other people excited about this. I've been excited about it for a couple years, but I worked in solitude until very recently.

It's truly amazing how much dedication you have to work on a project single handed for such a long period of time. Without at least one other person to question my approach to a problem; I wouldn't trust myself Roll Eyes.
Maxbet

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:18:48 PM

BIP38 is actually really cool, and I don't think advancements in this type of security would have gone as fast without Bitcoin.
Undefeatable

Activity: 286

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:21:28 PM

Mastercoin is a pretty cool idea, a protocol being built on top of bitcoin, not another alt coin!

Sorry but I don't get you, Mastercoin is another coin like Bitcoin which you can spend and use em?

Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:51:28 PM

What about that ATM in Vancouver?

That's the most scariest thing I've seen done with bitcoin. THEY WANT A SCAN OF YOUR HAND! Screw biometrics!

I vote this as the coolest thing done with Bitcoins www.takeaway.com , a fast food aggregator, because Bitcoin miners can now feed themselves without ever having to use fiat!  Cheesy

Johanna

Activity: 255

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:54:11 PM

The coolest thing is buying house with Bitcoin....

whyeyeschoicedotcom

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 05:43:18 PM

The coolest thing currently being done with Bitcoin has to be WITHDRAWING CASH for the 1st Atm in Canada...followed by the Gift Cards available for HOTELS and purchases at Mainstream Retailers like Sears, Amazon and others.
shonca

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:57:56 PM

Definitely the ATM.

It's also great that alot of business are accepting bitcoin these days.
Kooji

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:04:38 PM

Give an application/website a bitcoin wallet. Program it to buy it's own hosting.

Basically, we could one day have entire corporations that are run online without any human interaction that only charges an overhead equal to what it costs to run the business. It would have incredible implications.

For fun, you could put a backup in the wild that verifies the main site is running. If it is down then the backup goes live. You could program it to move every X days.

Imagine if the silk road operated like that? No human control just a permanent service that existed in the wild. It could even send profits directly to your wallet and you'd never have to interact with it at all.

Sounds like the beginnings of SkyNet
Tun84

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:27:10 PM

Sorry but I don't get you, Mastercoin is another coin like Bitcoin which you can spend and use em?

There are (or at least were) two mastercoin alts.  One was just another "alt".  The one being built on the protocol layer is the interesting one.  I would add a link but i don't think I can add links cause I am new.
jmevz

Activity: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:30:02 AM

ATM is definitely important, but as for COOLEST, I opt for: http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/13/investing/bitcoins-philippines-typhoon-donations/
Improving bitcoins image at the same time as donating for a good purpose  Smiley

+1

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: