Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinabul owes me 241.96 BTC  (Read 5139 times)
painmaker

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:14:57 AM

... Now they are basically holding my remaining 4 orders hostage, wanting more info. ...
weird, can you give us a hint what kind of info they want? just browsed conaibul's TOS but could not find anything about the customers liability to provide certain information in order to receive his order (or get a refund).

however, this section might be worth a read although it holds nothing what might explain why coinabul is holding back your orders as there seems to be no underlying technical issue:
... By using our services, you acknowledge that certain market conditions or other disruptions, such as technological difficulties, may result in you being unable to buy or sell products on a timetable or at a price that is acceptable to you. If you fail to abide by the terms described within the Conditions of Use, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account at any time. You agree not to hold Coinabul liable or responsible for any orders placed via its online order system, disruptions, or termination of that system, or for any losses, or damages you may incur as a result of using the order entry system.  Coinabul is not liable for any errors, negligence, or inability to fulfill any orders. Nor can Coinabul be held responsible for delays in transmission, delivery, or fulfillment of orders due to the failure of associated facilities or to any other causes beyond its control.  By using any Coinabul service, you agree that you understand the order entry system is mechanical and may fail due to conditions beyond our control. ...

ever gave a tought about the fact that coinabul might be pressured by a higher force as you seem to have placed quite some orders through them which might rise suspicions at certain institutions?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DirtyRandy (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:27:44 PM

as stated in a previous post, the info requested is:

Please provide each of the following to aml@coinabul.com:

Legal Name

Social security number / Tax Identification Number

Copy of identification documents as outlined in “Business Accepted Photo ID” section

BUSINESS ACCEPTED PHOTO ID

Driver’s License (state or territory)

Passport

Temporary Resident Card (US Dept. of Justice)

US Military Card
Native American Tribal ID

My orders were always way less 10,000, and there for not subject to additional verification. Ordering several times from them, is not illegal and barely meets the definition of suspicious. They shipped out orders (not mine) last week without requiring Verification, so why ask for my info.

My problem is that even if I give them the info requested, there is no guarantee they will actually send me what I'm owed. At this point I think it's more likely the info will be used to steal my identity or worse. 
painmaker

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:36:54 AM

ah, i must have over-read that section. anyway, thats quite some serious identification going on there.

why not turn this thing around and demand an exhaustive explanation about what they are going to do with your data, who will be granted access to it and why exactly they can't proceed to fulfil their liability without you providing it.

or what about cancelling your order? just send them a written statement going somewhat like
herewith i'd like to cancel my order <ordernumber> placed <date> over <quantitiy> oz gold and <quantitiy> oz silver and demand the immediate refund of <price> BTC to my account <dirtyRandyBTC#> within the next 5 business days.
sincerely yours,
DirtyRandy
?

you can't force them to do business with you but if they refuse to do so you still can claim whats yours, right?
DirtyRandy (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:32:30 PM

If they weren't corrupt scammers your idea might work, I have already asked to cancel the orders and get my btc back, but they aren't answering emails. Your right they can't force me to do business with them, but they can/will continue to ignore me leaving me without options for recourse.
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:52:38 AM

Where are they based at?  Sounds like someone needs to go visit them personally. Smiley
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:22:10 AM

it's more likely that the feds would be up my ass about the my btc instead of trying to track down and prosecute Jay Shore aka Coinabul.

I wonder how many said that about Trendon T. Shavers (Pirateat40) aka Bitcoin Savings and Trust (BTCST)?

“Fraudsters are not beyond the reach of the SEC just because they use Bitcoin or another virtual currency to mislead investors and violate the federal securities laws,” said Andrew M. Calamari, Director of the SEC’s New York Regional Office.
http://www.sec.gov/News/PressRelease/Detail/PressRelease/1370539730583#.Un2pHuKFCCg

DirtyRandy (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:46:20 AM

I can say for a fact going to the feds would result in my imminent demise. I'm not a terrorist or African warlord, but I don't live my life according to their laws. As a result I can't seek out help from authority's in most matters. Coinabul is using this to their advantage. All I can do is publicly shame them and prevent other people from being ripped off. If you have also be ripped off and can go to the feds please do, but for me that's just not an option.

In the event someone from Coinabul reads this thread:

Dear Coinabul,

I would like to cancel my pending orders and demand the return of my 241.96 btc (now worth 4x what it was worth in June).

Sincerely,

- Dirty Randy
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:51:31 AM

Sorry to hear about this. I feel for you.
Essentially was this a ponzu scheme for BTCs?

lindatess

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:24:37 AM

This brings back old memories of being scammed on an e-gold transaction.

Surprisingly, soon after the United States government stepped in and shutdown e-gold. The thieves I guess wouldn't have used their real name and thus it would have been forfeited under the money laundering rules.

I haven't invested in any digital currencies ever since.

lordzandaar

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:26:45 AM

Coinabul owes me for 4 orders dating back to june 2013, totaling 241.96btc. I had just begun to comes to terms with never seeing my gold or btc again..

wow 241 BTC is quite a lot, if I were you I wouldn't just give up on getting back my coins. Maybe you could find ppl who were in the same situation and sorted thing out, or who are still and come up with something together.

anyway good luck man
descarte

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:34:58 AM

this is not helping the stabilisation of bitcoin. most people that i spoke to still see this business as a scam
DirtyRandy (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:30:37 PM

adding insult to injury, btc is now 6x what it was worth when Coinabul stole my 241.96 btc.
gracesfall

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 06:40:19 PM

I'm not with Coinabul (not even sure what they are to be honest) and I am very new to BTC, but I read an article yesterday or the day before how US banks were closing down the accounts of any business even remotely visibly associated with BTC. That means having it in their domain name, accepting it as currency, etc... They weren't freezing assets, just closing the accounts. Coinabul was one of the companies specifically mentioned in the article.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/bitcoin-businesses-getting-banned-banks-us/64047.html

Playing devil's advocate here, is it possible that that is what has happened and it is taking them time to regroup. If so, I agree that they have done a piss poor job of keeping their customers in the loop, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they are intentionally scamming anyone.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. I don't know. The name 'Coinabul' made me remember the article though.

Hope you get your orders though - that is a beyond sucky situation to be in.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:58:47 PM

Many here thought it was a scam in 2011 because of the well known shell company address.  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48022.0

AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:05:06 AM

adding insult to injury, btc is now 6x what it was worth when Coinabul stole my 241.96 btc.

Holy Balls, thats like 240k now...hope you got it sorted.
DirtyRandy (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:09:36 AM

still no BTC or Gold, FUCK COINABUL!
AmericanBit

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:48:28 PM

still no BTC or Gold, FUCK COINABUL!

No No No, youre still behind your computer. We need to find coinabul and get your BTC back. Im just sick of this kind of stuff happening.
DirtyRandy (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:13:22 AM

If you have a workable solution to getting my BTC back I'm all ears. I sent coinabul an offer that I would submit the AML info they wanted, but only after the btc was transferred to a 3rd party escrow service of my choosing. I don't think they were interested in my offer, so I'm still fucked. 
AmericanBit

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:07:44 AM

If you have a workable solution to getting my BTC back I'm all ears. I sent coinabul an offer that I would submit the AML info they wanted, but only after the btc was transferred to a 3rd party escrow service of my choosing. I don't think they were interested in my offer, so I'm still fucked. 

Well if I were you, Id offer a reward in the 50-100k range. Just say, its none of my business how the money gets returned, there is just a reward if it is returned. Someone knows the person in charge, and may turn on him...put a price on getting the money back. As Obama says, "All options are on the table at this point". That is what I did when someone in Australia scammed me. I found the person on Facebook, and started sending him pictures of his friends and family. Needless to say, he is in the process of paying me back now. True Story, hope that helps
Joukahainen

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:45:26 PM

I received a couple of orders from Coinabul about half a year ago, though it took about two months from the purchase to receive those. Have not ordered from there since that.

I did recently order from http://bitcoincommodities.com/  .That seller was fast (got the product about a week from order) and the prices where ok.

Ordered also from Agora Commodities around a week ago. Many seem to be telling that they are fast but I have not heard anything from them yet. Must ask soon from them if there is some kind of trouble with the order.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: