Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:48:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Anyone Else Believe In Jesus Christ ?  (Read 18012 times)
verucabathsalts

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:02:09 PM

I grew up learning about Jesus from my family and they were always obsessed with the second coming. Once you've believed that for so long, picturing Jesus shooting from the sky on a fiery chariot, you kind've slack on life, at least some of my family did. Couldn't embrace the rapture element...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rascal777

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:15:16 PM

I believe.

I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost is Jesus Christ.

I also believe in Laying on hands and prayer healing.  I have seen/heard way to much of people deathly sick, getting serious round the clock prayer from people that are serious about praying, and then going back to the doctor with nothing to be found.

If you are a skeptic, Check out a few live broadcast services sometime.

http://www.believerstabernacle.net/

Also, to test if God is talking to you, simply read some Bible scripture, have a serious questioning conversation about the subject matter with a loved one, and then watch a live service, and see if that subject is not talked about at some point in the broadcast.

Jesus was raised from the dead on the third day

I also believe that if you say that with your mouth,
and believe it in your heart,  AND DO WORKS THAT SHOW FAITH.

Then you will be saved.

BTC TIPS  19n2ienyueN4RiC38KFSZMQMgrNLgu9Uuc
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:21:11 PM

I believe there was a bloke named Jesus.

I believe he was overloaded with charisma.

I don't believe he was magical tho

I'm more inclined to there being a roman named Paul who was rather good at telling stuff...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Eternity

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:21:36 PM

Yes I do Smiley
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:32:03 PM

I grew up learning about Jesus from my family and they were always obsessed with the second coming. Once you've believed that for so long, picturing Jesus shooting from the sky on a fiery chariot, you kind've slack on life, at least some of my family did. Couldn't embrace the rapture element...
A fiery CHARIOT?

Aw come on.

At least let's give him a 1968 Camaro, yellow with black stripes, twin  turbocharged.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:42:17 PM

No, I am not really all that familiar with any groups who believe there will be a 'one world currency'.
So you're a christian has no idea what the bible says.  Awesome.

As far as 'groups' that believe there will be a one world currency, pretty much every church on planet earth, for starters.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:31:09 PM

Jesus was raised from the dead on the third day

There is evidence that he never die on the cross.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oTvddRFLA
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:51:23 PM

....is there anything wrong with this statement? -> "i believe that i am". if not than, using the socratic method, i think it could be used to break your claim "Both the terms belief, and faith imply that evidence is not used in the decision process."

I think Christians might look at things such as the wonders of life as 'evidence', but with exceptions of some of them who are idiots and misunderstand their own faith, they are basically, 'the faithful'.

Faith, and belief, are central issues.  "evidence", is secondary or tertiary...

Yes, there is a lot wrong with the statement "I believe that I am."  Let me correct it to "I am."
Or how about I am what I believe?

There's nothing wrong with faith or belief, when you truly believe something, that's when your whole reality can change exponentially.

Why can nobody comprehend or understand the concept of performing miracles?  If you believe something enough, it becomes true.  Jesus was able to believe in himself and perform the impossible.  I have performed the impossible myself from quantum healing a dog from cancer to holding back a piece of a cloud from moving while others watched.  Nothing is impossible and beliefs are not issues for everyone has beliefs and they manifest the physical world.  Negative beliefs are negative, but believing in something positive is only true.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:18:08 PM

It feels so good to know it is OK to feel safe making fun of Christians, no mater what. Wink
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 06:54:48 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 09:44:41 PM by pedrog

There's nothing wrong with faith or belief, when you truly believe something, that's when your whole reality can change exponentially.

This is not black and white, if someone truly believes he has to kill other people or deny other people their rights because their god, or aliens, says so, that's wrong!

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:19:12 PM

Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:01:28 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 10:11:59 PM by Spendulus

No, I am not really all that familiar with any groups who believe there will be a 'one world currency'.
So you're a christian has no idea what the bible says.  Awesome.

As far as 'groups' that believe there will be a one world currency, pretty much every church on planet earth, for starters.
No they do not.  You refer to a verse in Revelations having to do with the number 666.  There are many interpretations to that and many regard Revelations as totally stupid.

It feels so good to know it is OK to feel safe making fun of Christians, no mater what. Wink
I agree 100%.  I also believe a lot of media personalities and a lot of individuals who make fun of Christians but don't even think of giving equal time and equal ridicule to muslims are spineless, gutless wimps and intellectually dishonest.

....is there anything wrong with this statement? -> "i believe that i am". if not than, using the socratic method, i think it could be used to break your claim "Both the terms belief, and faith imply that evidence is not used in the decision process."

I think Christians might look at things such as the wonders of life as 'evidence', but with exceptions of some of them who are idiots and misunderstand their own faith, they are basically, 'the faithful'.

Faith, and belief, are central issues.  "evidence", is secondary or tertiary...

Yes, there is a lot wrong with the statement "I believe that I am."  Let me correct it to "I am."
Or how about I am what I believe?
No, you are not what you believe.  But beliefs can take a person a long way toward becoming better.

Or worse.

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:15:34 PM

Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
Yessir I believe in everything, even santa clause (he's somewhere in the universe).

Especially astral projection, since I've done that.

This is not black and white, if someone truly believes he has to kill other people or deny other people their rights because their god, or aliens, says so, that's wrong!
Then the problem is the belief that someone has to kill someone, not the foundation of beliefs.  You can equally oppose that belief, as you do.

Beliefs are neutral, we interpret them to be good or bad.  So believe in positives, and you'll find unconditional love.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Bullionado

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:56:48 PM

Certain parts of religion such as xmas, diwali, eid etc are good and are enjoyed by millions.

Even atheists enjoy xmas with friends and family because it is something that people tend to celebrate regardless of whether they are devout church goers.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:06:45 PM

Certain parts of religion such as xmas, diwali, eid etc are good and are enjoyed by millions.

Even atheists enjoy xmas with friends and family because it is something that people tend to celebrate regardless of whether they are devout church goers.

Yeah, I do celebrate the Winter Solstice with a good dinner, and enjoy the gifts. Cheesy

ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:31:55 AM

No, I believe in a man named Jeshua vin Joseph who was not the savior of man kind, but sacrificed himself so that his followers may live in peace from the government.

When Jesus was killed, Rome felt it was safe to stop hunting down Christians so aggressively (at least for the time being).

And the belief contradicts itself. It says Jesus knew he was going to die, then Jesus is on the cross saying "Father, why have you forsaken me. In your heart forsaken me. In your eyes forsaken me. In your mind forsaken me."

He was not ready to die. He was not done. Stop acting like it was good that he died, it's gross that no one acknowledges his sadness at dying and potential if he had been allowed to live.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:02:15 AM

No, I believe in a man named Jeshua vin Joseph who was not the savior of man kind, but sacrificed himself so that his followers may live in peace from the government.

When Jesus was killed, Rome felt it was safe to stop hunting down Christians so aggressively (at least for the time being).

And the belief contradicts itself. It says Jesus knew he was going to die, then Jesus is on the cross saying "Father, why have you forsaken me. In your heart forsaken me. In your eyes forsaken me. In your mind forsaken me."

He was not ready to die. He was not done. Stop acting like it was good that he died, it's gross that no one acknowledges his sadness at dying and potential if he had been allowed to live.

Wrong!!!!11

And you'll find another last words of Jesus.

Luke 23:46

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:04:18 AM

Wrong!!!!11

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

That is not wrong. After the death of Jesus they breathed a sigh of relief, as if it was almost over.

And just because he accepted it in the end, does not mean he knew about it before hand, or was finished living.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:20:54 AM

Wrong!!!!11

That is not wrong. After the death of Jesus they breathed a sigh of relief, as if it was almost over.

And just because he accepted it in the end, does not mean he knew about it before hand, or was finished living.

Dude, there were no "Christians" before Jesus death, they were all Jews, the Christians persecution comes later.

And I just pointed a contradiction in the Bible, with the last words thing...

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:08:37 AM

Yes.  I believe!  You can call me a "Jesus Freak!"   Grin

I think we might be a little outnumbered her OP.  Of course the Bible says "narrow is the road and few will find it" so I guess it is to be expected.  Kind of like the rest of the world does not really get "bitcoin" many people don't "get Jesus" but they have not really searched.  Or they think that they have it all figured out.

For those that are so sure that Jesus is a made up and a myth I will begin praying now for Jesus to show Himself to you.  I could argue and debate but it generally does not work that well anyways.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: