Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:31:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Anyone Else Believe In Jesus Christ ?  (Read 18009 times)
M3n70r

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 11:29:46 AM

nah, never heard of him. Is he selling some godspeed ASICs or hashing on his own?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:23:20 PM

I think we might be a little outnumbered her OP.  Of course the Bible says "narrow is the road and few will find it" so I guess it is to be expected.  Kind of like the rest of the world does not really get "bitcoin" many people don't "get Jesus" but they have not really searched.  Or they think that they have it all figured out.

Wrong!!!

There are like 2 billion Christians in the planet, not a "narrow" road, when I was born there was something like 95% Christian population in my country, now there are 80%, how the fuck is that narrow?

Dude, there were no "Christians" before Jesus death, they were all Jews, the Christians persecution comes later.

And I just pointed a contradiction in the Bible, with the last words thing...

Christians = Believers that Jesus is Christ

There were Christians before his death, "Christ" simply means "the anointed one". If Jeshua vin Joseph is going to be called "Christ", then his followers (even during his life) can now be considered "Christians".

I didn't realize you were pointing out a contradiction, I thought you were telling me why it's ok to celebrate the death of a great person, as if it was good for the world. It's almost cannibalistic in nature, so it just gets at me that people are so adamant. Again, I didn't realize you were pointing something out. Sorry.

There were quite a few Christs at the time, I suppose it was good business to be a messiah, and yes the apostles were persecuted by Paul, and then he became Christian too, but this was after Jesus death.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:00:32 PM

I think we might be a little outnumbered her OP.  Of course the Bible says "narrow is the road and few will find it" so I guess it is to be expected.  Kind of like the rest of the world does not really get "bitcoin" many people don't "get Jesus" but they have not really searched.  Or they think that they have it all figured out.

Wrong!!!

There are like 2 billion Christians in the planet, not a "narrow" road, when I was born there was something like 95% Christian population in my country, now there are 80%, how the fuck is that narrow?

What I think she's implying, which you would likely agree with ... is that not many Christians have it figured out....
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:06:50 PM

Wrong!!!

What I think she's implying, which you would likely agree with ... is that not many Christians have it figured out....

I bellive and i dont give a fuck for thoose who doesent

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:12:39 PM

Wrong!!!

I bellive and i dont give a fuck for thoose who doesent

And we wonder why Christians are not liked? 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:17:09 PM

Wrong!!!

The road is narrow and many so called "Christians" are not even walking on the road even though they think they are.

Just because someone says that they are "Christian" does not mean that they are.  Many will say "Lord I did all these things in Your name and He will say, depart from me you evil doers I never knew you."

To be a true Christians requires much more than just joining a "club" or attending religious services.  It is about a change of heart, so that we know Jesus in an intimate way and want to serve Him wholeheartedly in everything we do and we become changed from the inside out.  The way you can really test to see if someone is a Christian or not is by the "fruit" in their life.  Are they loving, kind, gentle, patient, slow to anger?  These sorts of things are the "fruit" that the Bible talks about and that you will know a "tree by it's fruit."

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:26:22 PM

To be a true Christians requires much more than just joining a "club" or attending religious services.  It is about a change of heart, so that we know Jesus in an intimate way and want to serve Him wholeheartedly in everything we do and we become changed from the inside out.  The way you can really test to see if someone is a Christian or not is by the "fruit" in their life.  Are they loving, kind, gentle, patient, slow to anger?  These sorts of things are the "fruit" that the Bible talks about and that you will know a "tree by it's fruit."
Typically an athiest will look at something like a creed of christianity, and note the various impossible events therein which one is asked to believe in - that will be how he frames the argument as to what a christian is, rather than looking at the introspective tests as you've mentioned.

How do you respond to that?
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:32:53 PM

Typically an athiest will look at something like a creed of christianity, and note the various impossible events therein which one is asked to believe in - that will be how he frames the argument as to what a christian is, rather than looking at the introspective tests as you've mentioned.

Yes, we leave the discussion of what is a "true Christian" to be made between them.

As far as I know, if someone says "I'm a Christian" he his a Christian...

anonymous_acc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:33:49 PM

I believe.

My proof of existence of Christ: If there was nobody like Christ, why there is so much noise about his deal ??

BTC: 1HRcwjxG2H5vSnNo5ZbGqMxRPFWJk6dwW9
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:35:26 PM

How do you respond to that?

There are "impossible" events in the Bible for sure.  A few examples: the parting of the red sea, the virgin birth, the fact that Jesus rose again.  All of this is a mystery and it takes Faith.  We can use logic to deduce that there is evidence in the world that supports Christianity and that Jesus really did live.  There is plenty of historical evidence that lends credence to the Bible if one really wants to study it.  But miracles are just that- Miracles.  I will not try to argue that it is difficult for someone logical and intelligent to believe but this is why the Bible says, "I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it."  

BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:58:08 PM

I only believe in things that have good evidence and/or logcally consistent arguments to back them up, i have not yet encountered such evidence and/or logically consistent arguments for any religion. I am however uncompromisingly open minded so if you felt so inclined as to share with me the evidence and/or arguments that convinced you, and if the evidence evidence is good and/or the arguments are sound than i'll certainly climb on board.

Well, then you may want to read The Case for Christ.  It was written by a journalist attempting to disprove that Jesus was who he said he was using the types of methods he used to find truth from eyewitnesses and reports about news stories:

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-Journalists-Investigation-ebook/dp/B000FC2KEM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1383148637&sr=8-5&keywords=evidence+demands+a+verdict

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:03:01 PM

I'm uncompromisingly open minded. If you can show me good evidence than I'll climb on board. So what is your evidence?
Evidence for what?Huh

If you refer to 'a belief in Jesus Christ' then you refer to a faith based dogma.  Both the terms belief, and faith imply that evidence is not used in the decision process.

I would note here that a personal stand based on faith/belief can be much, much stronger than one based on 'evidence'.

IIRC Jesus himself scorned those who demanded 'proof' and who could not or would not take matters on faith.  Not in the mood to go look it up, but the question posed was not his nature as 'son of god or man/god'.  Rather the question would have been related to 'the Creator' or such.

This was in response to religious leaders wanting him to perform miracles at their whim:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt%2016&version=NIV

He pointed out that if someone refuses to accept miracles outright, there is no point in performing more of them.  If you are resistant to the idea of an all-powerful God that can bend time, space and physics to His will on occasion, then there is no point in continuing to try to convince you about Jesus, you are already convinced.

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:06:17 PM

I grew up learning about Jesus from my family and they were always obsessed with the second coming. Once you've believed that for so long, picturing Jesus shooting from the sky on a fiery chariot, you kind've slack on life, at least some of my family did. Couldn't embrace the rapture element...
A fiery CHARIOT?

Aw come on.

At least let's give him a 1968 Camaro, yellow with black stripes, twin  turbocharged.

It could be a 1968 Camaro with flames on the side...

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:09:03 PM

No, I am not really all that familiar with any groups who believe there will be a 'one world currency'.
So you're a christian has no idea what the bible says.  Awesome.

As far as 'groups' that believe there will be a one world currency, pretty much every church on planet earth, for starters.

Here it is from Revelation:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2013:16-18&version=NIV

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:11:01 PM

It feels so good to know it is OK to feel safe making fun of Christians, no mater what. Wink

How safe will you feel when you are standing in front of Jesus on the throne trying to explain why it was OK to mock his followers for decades?

Hope you're right that Christianity is wrong...

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:12:45 PM

No, I am not really all that familiar with any groups who believe there will be a 'one world currency'.
So you're a christian has no idea what the bible says.  Awesome.

As far as 'groups' that believe there will be a one world currency, pretty much every church on planet earth, for starters.
No they do not.  You refer to a verse in Revelations having to do with the number 666.  There are many interpretations to that and many regard Revelations as totally stupid.

It feels so good to know it is OK to feel safe making fun of Christians, no mater what. Wink
I agree 100%.  I also believe a lot of media personalities and a lot of individuals who make fun of Christians but don't even think of giving equal time and equal ridicule to muslims are spineless, gutless wimps and intellectually dishonest.

....is there anything wrong with this statement? -> "i believe that i am". if not than, using the socratic method, i think it could be used to break your claim "Both the terms belief, and faith imply that evidence is not used in the decision process."

I think Christians might look at things such as the wonders of life as 'evidence', but with exceptions of some of them who are idiots and misunderstand their own faith, they are basically, 'the faithful'.

Faith, and belief, are central issues.  "evidence", is secondary or tertiary...

Yes, there is a lot wrong with the statement "I believe that I am."  Let me correct it to "I am."
Or how about I am what I believe?
No, you are not what you believe.  But beliefs can take a person a long way toward becoming better.

Or worse.

Does making fun of the beliefs of others make you better?  Or worse?

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:14:50 PM

No, I believe in a man named Jeshua vin Joseph who was not the savior of man kind, but sacrificed himself so that his followers may live in peace from the government.

When Jesus was killed, Rome felt it was safe to stop hunting down Christians so aggressively (at least for the time being).

And the belief contradicts itself. It says Jesus knew he was going to die, then Jesus is on the cross saying "Father, why have you forsaken me. In your heart forsaken me. In your eyes forsaken me. In your mind forsaken me."

He was not ready to die. He was not done. Stop acting like it was good that he died, it's gross that no one acknowledges his sadness at dying and potential if he had been allowed to live.

Christians believe that he felt forsaken because he had taken the sin of mankind upon himself.  And since he was previously close to God on earth, he felt the distance from God that sin causes for the first time on a massive scale.

qwertyGuy

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:19:53 PM

I believe.

My proof of existence of Christ: If there was nobody like Christ, why there is so much noise about his deal ??

No doubt Jesus Christ existed. No doubt he changed life of millions.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:22:37 PM

How safe will you feel when you are standing in front of Jesus on the throne trying to explain why it was OK to mock his followers for decades?

Hope you're right that Christianity is wrong...

As safe as you will feel when in front of the great Flying Spaghetti Monster trying to explain why you believed in a fake religion and not in His Holy Noodles.

Hope you're right that Pastafarianism is wrong...

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:23:51 PM

Did you guys know that Jesus wasn't even considered "The Messiah" until after John the Baptist died (was decapitated)? And that if John the Baptist had not Baptized Jesus, he would have never been considered for the title.

I'm pretty sure that all the Messianic prophecies he fulfilled would be enough for people to believe that he's the Messiah:

http://christianity.about.com/od/biblefactsandlists/a/Prophecies-Jesus.htm

And the big one is in Daniel.  If you calculate it out, it means that the Messiah would be killed ("cut off") around 28 AD.  Jesus was 33 years old when he died and scholars now believe he was born in 5BC.  So if Jesus wasn't the Messiah, someone else that died in 28 AD was.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: