Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:49:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Anyone Else Believe In Jesus Christ ?  (Read 18021 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:56:07 PM

I have only tried it once, with 100% success rate.  I will not try it again because my mind does not vibrate on the frequencies it used to after 2012 and being molested with antipsychotics.  It may take some years before I can do that again.  Of course the cloud was moving. Tongue

Vod, sorry to hear that.  I love you infinitely, I hope you know this and one day will feel it.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 12:02:34 AM

I have only tried it once, with 100% success rate.  I will not try it again because my mind does not vibrate on the frequencies it used to after 2012 and being molested with antipsychotics.  It may take some years before I can do that again.  Of course the cloud was moving. Tongue

Vod, sorry to hear that.  I love you infinitely, I hope you know this and one day will feel it.

No idea what the word "love" means to you, but thanks anyway nut job.   Cheesy

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 12:21:24 AM

You should have some faith when I say I've held back a piece of a cloud from moving\

Have faith?  In YOU?     Cheesy

Your mind is so destroyed I know you believe what you spew, but it just didn't happen.
Then why did other people see it stop moving?

Yes, you should have faith in me.  For I am you.  And I love you unconditionally.
Your friends were just screwing with you. One of them was actually the one who stopped the cloud, but made you think you did it to make fun of you. You have terrible friends.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:29:53 AM

I used to believe in Jesus Christ with all my heart. I was a practicing Catholic, went to church every week, prayed often, and felt God's warm embrace in my life.

Then I got better.

This saddens me Rassah. Cry  You are the one I am praying for the most on here, like it or not. I know you are convinced that God is not real (or I think perhaps deep down you are just ticked at him) but in spite of that, He loves you anyway and misses you so much.  Why would I feel this compelling desire to pray for you more than anyone else on here?  Call me crazy if you want.  And as for growing up Catholic, the Catholic church is not perfect (no church is perfect) But they do some things to instill guilt more than love and rules more than grace then some other churches.  Perhaps you should open your mind to a different denomination?  Perhaps it is things done by the "church" and not God that tick you off the most?  Something to think about anyways.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:43:43 AM

There were no "just_me"s, no "pedrag", no "Spendulus" (if there twer it twat a Roman), no hawkeye, but...Rassah, dank, Vod, and Ekaros, you guys names may have been crucified.

Jesus isn't really even his real name. That's just a bastardized anglicized version. I'm surprised devout Christians don't call Jesus by his actual name. I guess they don't care...

Rassah is actually a totally unique name. I pretty much pulled it out of my ass. Though I see that there are some other Rassah's, likely with accent on the second A, as opposed to mine with accent on the first, living in Middle East... Weird how almost nothing is original any more (no, not even the bible, much of which was plundered from more ancient religions)
Right, but the name-of-him-who-we-call-today-Jesus was a common name.

I don't know about that.  That name "rassah" sounds, well, like the kind of name of someone who was a real troublemaker.  I know them when I hear them.  And let me tell you, you hang out around a few Roman Centurians, they say "Chump, what's your name" and you say "Rassah" and they say "What?" and you say "Rassah, SIR" and they say "Rassah, eh?"

Methinks that's like, on a slow and boring night, gonna be some trouble for Rassah...

You got to think about what it was like back then with no television.  It was the crooked dice game, or drinking, or pillaging and raping villages, or making fun and likely beating people to a pulp that had funny names.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 12:45:34 AM

I used to believe in Jesus Christ with all my heart. I was a practicing Catholic, went to church every week, prayed often, and felt God's warm embrace in my life.

Then I got better.

You are the one I am praying for the most on here, like it or not. 

Lucky you Rassah!  Tonight bitchick will be ignoring her husband; she will be on her knees, rubbing her hands together and thinking of YOU!    Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:51:13 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 01:04:39 AM by Spendulus

Then I got better.

This saddens me Rassah. Cry  You are the one I am praying for the most on here, like it or not. I know you are convinced that God is not real ....
Salvation, redemption and so forth may be either TO or FROM....

When he says honestly that he's made a movement to the better, I can't see why not to accept that at face value. 

Because that movement was AWAY from "Jesus"?  The problem with double talk such as "oh but that must not have been the True Jesus, try a different one" is the True Scotsman logical fallacy.  The problem with arguing that "Oh that Catholic church thats Man's creation that's not God" is that argument can be never proven or disproven, thus it can be used anywhere and anything against or for anything.

It is like if someone said "I'm doing much better since I stopped drinking".   Ok, fine.  Then someone else walks up and says "I've started drinking and I like it."  Ok, that's fine too.  The one statement does not contradict the truth of the other.

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:55:27 AM

You should have some faith when I say I've held back a piece of a cloud from moving\

Have faith?  In YOU?     Cheesy

Your mind is so destroyed I know you believe what you spew, but it just didn't happen.
Then why did other people see it stop moving?

Yes, you should have faith in me.  For I am you.  And I love you unconditionally.
Your friends were just screwing with you. One of them was actually the one who stopped the cloud, but made you think you did it to make fun of you. You have terrible friends.
This is false.  After I stopped the cloud, I told them to try and they both did successfully.

Just like when I fly, others will try and succeed.

And for anybody that may want to know.  I was always an atheist, I had no god in my life.  I never believed in god, but I wanted to, I simply couldn't believe in something I didn't understand.  I believed/found understanding of god when I experienced it firsthand through psychedelics, god's gift for man to connect to god with, quite responsible for many major evolution advancements throughout history.  I found understanding of Jesus simply by living.

Rassah, I can see why you don't believe.  You don't understand what an all encompassing consciousness consists of because you haven't experienced it or surpassed life experiences to the point you could form a belief.

If you or anyone is truly open minded about god and wants to see/understand/connect to god themselves, I recommend you explore realms of the consciousness that you have not before, be it through mediation, astral projection, smoking cannabis, or eating a psychedelic.  If you do not want to touch drugs, try laying down in a silent environment, or to some binural beats.  Relax your mind, focus solely on the breath, send all thoughts into the realms of outer space.  Relax your muscles starting at your feet and move your way up your body, over and over.  Relax until you completely let go of your body.  You will feel your body dissolve into energy, at this point you can try and move it (the energy) side to side to gain energy or you can even lift up as if you're arm is leaving your body.  This may take many tries but if you truly want to find your consciousness and what it is capable of doing, it's worth practicing.

And vod, you don't need to be on your knees to pray.  I will also pray for Rassah, all of you, perhaps we can bring some light to his realm.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:10:33 AM

Then I got better.

You are the one I am praying for the most on here, like it or not. 

Lucky you Rassah!  Tonight bitchick will be ignoring her husband; she will be on her knees, rubbing her hands together and thinking of YOU!    Wink

Vod, you are just jealous!   Grin

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:57:32 AM

Then I got better.

I have a similar story, but it ends with "then I turned 13."

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:44:54 AM

Then I got better.

This saddens me Rassah. Cry  You are the one I am praying for the most on here, like it or not. I know you are convinced that God is not real (or I think perhaps deep down you are just ticked at him)

I'm not ticked, but the "convinced" is not the correct term. I am not convinced that there is no god. I just don't see any evidence for his existence. The best I can do to illustrate is to ask a question (and hopefully you have never heard this term): are you convinced that Baba Yaga doesn't exist? You probably can't answer this question, because you don't know what Baba Yaga is (though she was a frequent part of my childhood folklore), and after you Google her, likely think the very question is silly. You don't even have to ponder her existence, since she is simply not a part of your life. You know she is a made up character from story books, and to consider whether or not she is real would be rather insane.
So, in the same way that you are not-so-much convinced as simply consider the idea of pondering whether she exists to be preposterous and ridiculous, I consider the idea of pondering whether god exists to be ridiculous as well. To me it is as productive to consider as it would be to wonder whether to be convinced that there is a teapot orbiting the sun on the other side where we can't see it. Sure? Maybe? It sounds silly, and why does it matter?
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:53:28 AM

Then I got better.

This saddens me Rassah. Cry  You are the one I am praying for the most on here, like it or not. I know you are convinced that God is not real (or I think perhaps deep down you are just ticked at him)

I'm not ticked, but the "convinced" is not the correct term. I am not convinced that there is no god. I just don't see any evidence for his existence. The best I can do to illustrate is to ask a question (and hopefully you have never heard this term): are you convinced that Baba Yaga doesn't exist? You probably can't answer this question, because you don't know what Baba Yaga is (though she was a frequent part of my childhood folklore), and after you Google her, likely think the very question is silly. You don't even have to ponder her existence, since she is simply not a part of your life. You know she is a made up character from story books, and to consider whether or not she is real would be rather insane.
So, in the same way that you are not-so-much convinced as simply consider the idea of pondering whether she exists to be preposterous and ridiculous, I consider the idea of pondering whether god exists to be ridiculous as well. To me it is as productive to consider as it would be to wonder whether to be convinced that there is a teapot orbiting the sun on the other side where we can't see it. Sure? Maybe? It sounds silly, and why does it matter?

Why does it matter?

It matters because YOU matter! God cares about you!  He cares about all of us!  We are not just randomly here by chance.  There is more to us then just random molecules that just happened by chance.  We are created in God's image and he wants to have a relationship with us.  I just think that there have been things that have caused you to question God's existence.  Those things shook you to your core and left you feeling like there could not be a God if he allowed these things to happen.  I do get that.  I have questioned things in my life too.  But God's existence in not about me being upset with how He does things, or doesn't do things.  It is about trusting that even when things do not make sense, even when He does not bring justice as swiftly as I would like (granted I prefer Him to be patient with me all of the time) He still is God.  He still loves us and in the end everything will be made right.  Sure we are in this fallen world that is not perfect, but there will come a day when all things will be made right.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:54:40 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 06:11:03 AM by Rassah

Right, but the name-of-him-who-we-call-today-Jesus was a common name.

Jesus wasn't. Yehua (sp?) was. But yes, very common. It's like seeing that the name "Bob" is in the White Pages, and claiming "See? Bob the god really did exist!"

I don't know about that.  That name "rassah" sounds, well, like the kind of name of someone who was a real troublemaker.  I know them when I hear them.  And let me tell you, you hang out around a few Roman Centurians, they say "Chump, what's your name" and you say "Rassah" and they say "What?" and you say "Rassah, SIR" and they say "Rassah, eh?"

Methinks that's like, on a slow and boring night, gonna be some trouble for Rassah...

Confession time, and sorry if I ruin it for everyone. When I was a kid (14 maybe), joining the furry fandom, I had to pick an animal persona to role-play and make up a name (furries are f'in weird, yes). I picked a panther, and wanted make up a name that was somehow related to big cats. So, a Rrrrr growl sound that panthers/leopards make, plus cat hissing, resulted in rrrrra sssss ah. I just added the "ah" to make it sound like a name, and the name Rassah was formed (accent on first a). It was pretty much just my name everywhere on the internet until some third world north African and middle Eastern countries joined. Now I'm only aware of three other real Rassah's in the world.
Hope I didn't make things uncomfortably weird for anyone going forward (and feel free to rrrr and hiss when you say my name)  Grin
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:00:55 AM

It is like if someone said "I'm doing much better since I stopped drinking".   Ok, fine.  Then someone else walks up and says "I've started drinking and I like it."  Ok, that's fine too.  The one statement does not contradict the truth of the other.

Oooh, I like that! Definitely going to have to try to remember this one.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:05:24 AM

Then I got better.

This saddens me Rassah. Cry  You are the one I am praying for the most on here, like it or not. I know you are convinced that God is not real ....
Salvation, redemption and so forth may be either TO or FROM....

When he says honestly that he's made a movement to the better, I can't see why not to accept that at face value. 

Because that movement was AWAY from "Jesus"?  The problem with double talk such as "oh but that must not have been the True Jesus, try a different one" is the True Scotsman logical fallacy.  The problem with arguing that "Oh that Catholic church thats Man's creation that's not God" is that argument can be never proven or disproven, thus it can be used anywhere and anything against or for anything.

Sure.  It might be better for a while.  Drinking is great for a while.  Someone could totally get drunk every night and say, "I like it" then die of alcohol poisoning.  Then it would not be as much fun would it? 

A verse that comes to mind is "Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial."

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:06:38 AM

If you or anyone is truly open minded about god and wants to see/understand/connect to god themselves, I recommend you explore realms of the consciousness that you have not before,
If you do not want to touch drugs, try laying down in a silent environment, or to some binural beats.  Relax your mind, focus solely on the breath, send all thoughts into the realms of outer space.  Relax your muscles starting at your feet and move your way up your body, over and over.  Relax until you completely let go of your body.  You will feel your body dissolve into energy, at this point you can try and move it (the energy) side to side to gain energy or you can even lift up as if you're arm is leaving your body.  This may take many tries but if you truly want to find your consciousness and what it is capable of doing, it's worth practicing.

It's funny, and somewhat telling, that you think I've never done this. Unlike you, I simply never diluted myself into thinking it was something that it was not.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:26:12 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 06:51:58 AM by Rassah

I guess you didn't quite understand what I was trying to say when I asked you whether you are convinced that (insert random thing you've never heard of before) doesn't exist, after all  Undecided

It matters because YOU matter! God cares about you!  He cares about all of us!

That's nice... Baba Yaga thinks about ways to catch and eat you. How do you feel about that?

We are not just randomly here by chance.  There is more to us then just random molecules that just happened by chance.  We are created in God's image and he wants to have a relationship with us.

OK... But there is absolutely no evidence for that claim as far as I'm concerned, meaning I would have to entirely take your word for it, and I'm entirely unconvinced that you are an authority on how the world works.

I just think that there have been things that have caused you to question God's existence.

Of course. You don't change your mind about anything without first questioning it and then exploring it in detail.

Those things shook you to your core and left you feeling like there could not be a God if he allowed these things to happen.  I do get that.

I hope so (though I'm not convinced you do). Something as incredibly brainwashing as belief in how the entire world functions often needs something core-shaking to make you even begin to question it.

I have questioned things in my life too.  But God's existence in not about me being upset with how He does things, or doesn't do things.  It is about trusting that even when things do not make sense, even when He does not bring justice as swiftly as I would like (granted I prefer Him to be patient with me all of the time) He still is God.  He still loves us and in the end everything will be made right.  Sure we are in this fallen world that is not perfect, but there will come a day when all things will be made right.

For me, god's existence is not about me being upset with how he does or doesn't do things. It's simply something that has no evidence for it's existence, and thus has absolutely no relevance to my life. God's existence to me is like Baba Yaga's existence is to you. Just a zero, in a life full of numbers.

I will wish very hard that you can some day overcome your religious delusion, stop wasting so much time and energy on this ultimately pointless belief, apply all that time and energy to something much more productive and beneficial, and become a better, happier, more independent and complete person as a result.
Though I suspect my wish will be exactly as productive as your prayers for me.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:31:25 AM

I remember baba yaga.   Didn't she live in a house supported by three chicken legs that constantly rotated?

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:33:32 AM

bitchick: why do you believe in some things that have no evidence to support them but not other things that have no evidence to support them? why do you believe god exists but not care bears?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
hawkeye

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:23:05 PM

Why I not only don't believe in God, but I also think it's highly unlikely that any God exists.  I'll just throw this out and people can comment on it or not.  Hopefully, I can articulate my position.

Let's say God did exist for a moment.   OK, so where did God come from?  The answer to this is usually that he just is, or something like that (Christians feel free to correct me on that).  My next question at that point is why is he just is?  What physical laws make that possible or what physical laws are in his dimension that make that possible?  To me, that would be a fascinating question, and considering all the people who claim to be in touch with him I can't believe no-one's asked it.

God is a very human concept.  It's something that, as far as I know, has manifested itself in every culture.  It's to do with our not knowing and superstition for the world and desire for answers and also a control mechanism used to extract resources in a time of poverty, which until the Industrial Revolution in the 1800's pretty much the entire world was in poverty by our standards.  So, there are rational explanations for why people would come up with these stories.  And no evidence anywhere.  Which is also why the stories are always different from place to place.  You never get the same God appearing in two different places independently.   This is a concept perfectly consistent with the idea that all Gods were invented by man.

Why don't I think there is any God?  I think it's become obvious now, with the dawn of Quantum mechanics that humans can't intuitively grasp how the building blocks of our universe work.  We can develop equations that produce the results we expect but intuitively much of it doesn't make sense.   So our intuition in life that things must be "created", maybe that isn't true either.   We now have explanations for how stars form, how planets form, etc and it's clear these are all natural processes.  It seems perfectly likely that the universe is also such a process.  It may be one we'll never figure out, the information just may not be available to us, but it just really makes so much more sense given what we know about the world.  It will be probably be totally bizarre to us in the same way quantum mechanics is, but still a valid process.

The people thousands of years ago, in comparison, didn't know much, but they figured out a good method of manipulation pretty early on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: