Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:48:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-10-27 Seeking Alpha: Bitcoin Remains Not Viable And Borderline Illegal  (Read 1302 times)
Arvicco (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Please bear with me

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 03:03:07 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 07:09:25 PM by Arvicco

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1777312-bitcoin-remains-not-viable-and-borderline-illegal

Your usual anti-Bitcoin piece from all-too-familiar position of gold-worshipping technophobe. It is very clear that the author prefers to regurgitate obsolete cliches as opposed to his own thinking. Also, he doesn't understand how Bitcoin works and fills his gaps of understanding with ignorance and fearmongering to build his argument. Standing on such shaky ground, the whole construction unravels after a couple of intelligent comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:25:18 PM

Wonder what he'll say if the FBI joins our little crime ring by selling the seized bitcoins.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 06:27:33 PM

dont read it but you should always be open to lots of investment ideas: gold, silver, stocks, houses, land etc etc
if you have a dogma in one thing, its always a bad choice.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:21:30 PM

First paragraph: "Bitcoin is insanity."

He's either hopelessly ignorant or has an ideological axe to grind.

Plus... I have to *register* to read the rest? Including the comments?

Sorry, but the first page is enough to decide that that's just not worth the time & hassle.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:19:14 PM

This is the same idiocy that permeates Zerohedge.

"If I can't hold it in my hand, well it ain't worth nuttin' goldarnit!" < ringing spittoon noise >

Sure thing old '49 miner, just sit on down and don't get yourself in a dander. Fucking hell, like these idiots are capable of using portable electronics that include cellular radios and GPS, but god forbid they even THINK about trying to use something that involves the internet.

Fucking hopeless idiots.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:30:44 PM

"If I can't hold it in my hand, well it ain't worth nuttin' goldarnit!" < ringing spittoon noise >

Sure thing old '49 miner, just sit on down and don't get yourself in a dander. Fucking hell, like these idiots are capable of using portable electronics that include cellular radios and GPS, but god forbid they even THINK about trying to use something that involves the internet.

Fucking hopeless idiots.

I imagine it's spin rather than ignorance. The public is fickle and easily swayed by spin, so we should not underestimate our adversaries.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 02:44:44 PM

Fucking hopeless idiots.

I imagine it's spin rather than ignorance. The public is fickle and easily swayed by spin, so we should not underestimate our adversaries.

We can just underestimate their future net worth Smiley

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: