Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter banned advertising crypto currency  (Read 525 times)
boroda074

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:23:40 AM

It's a very difficult situation right now, as I have heard that a lot of akane booths have started, those who continue advertising this market, therefore, need to be very careful about this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lhuibin

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:24:10 AM

I think this is the decision of each of the social networks.If they so want then let, and I do not think that it will have a very strong impact on the value of the currency or on the ICO

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:31:18 AM

I think this is the decision of each of the social networks.If they so want then let, and I do not think that it will have a very strong impact on the value of the currency or on the ICO
After two weeks nothing is happening, I am in one Twitter campaign and I still make posts about cryptocurrencies, I share some posts from airdrops, I share other people crypto twits, and everything is still fine. I wonder what was that from twitter now when two weeks passed and nothing happened, maybe that was just a bad joke, or someone wanted to hurt crypto with bad rumors. What ever it was I think it was wrong, but we will see what will happen in next period, maybe they are preparing something.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
usamamalik555

Activity: 615
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:21:12 PM

I agree that each social network decides on their own what kind of advertising it to do and spread, but I still think that it can affect the ICO negatively
Lindell

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 12:22:48 PM

The legit ico will also be affected. I hope they will still allow legit and regulated ICO ads.
Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:27:00 PM

I agree that each social network decides on their own what kind of advertising it to do and spread, but I still think that it can affect the ICO negatively

You're right but for the really good projects that won't change anything - people know about it and will invest in it even without any Twitter or FB advertisement
xTachibana

Activity: 164

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:01:41 PM

I think it's bad and that the administration of Twitter will eventually cancel it completely useless innovation

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
coinbergh

Activity: 532
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:24:19 PM

Bad news for bounty hunters but it's good for prevent to spread scam ico's.

I think twitter is really helpful for getting news on quality project; on the other hand there are always will be fraud in social media. This is a good step to prevent a potential fraud. I hope that, it will be good for promising project and investors.
tonysitaly

Activity: 228

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:29:58 PM

With the Facebook and twitter bans on digital currency ICO, more and more voices on bitcoin regulation may be an important reason for the recent decline in the market. People are afraid to enter the market at this time, and the volume of bitcoin turnover in the recent exchange is 20% in December last year. Maybe it's going to last a long time.

VSOP_VSOP

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:25:05 PM

Blocking paid advertising on twitter.. huh. It still dont mean you can't participate in bounties, so for us it's not so bad. Maybe even better.
ginika

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:51:06 PM

the news about the ban on cryptocurrency ads in mediasocial fb and twiter which has the purpose of preventing fraud has no effect on the cryptocurrency community because I think the ban on advertising will not be so important to them, because the most important thing is there is no prohibition to make a tweet or retweet from ico or cryptocurrency article
rupesh2

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:53:32 PM

it is good for bounty hunters .
bcoz we can do retweets or tweet , no ban on individuals .

rather than paying money to twitter or advertising agency , projects can pay to bounty hunters ..
also they can pay in tokens which is another benefit ..
kkerrex

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:22:43 PM

Nothing new, they previously banned advertising also on Facebook and Google. I think this is okay, because advertising crypto and ICO can be fraudsters deceiving users. In recent months, Twitter has sharply increased the number of crypto-crooks that not only create fake accounts, but also steal access to official pages in order to lure users of their tokens, so the leadership of Twitter had to go to the extreme.
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:31:21 PM

Heard of this since like a month ago but I thought that the way it will be handled will be different but the joy there is that one can still retweet and tweet about crypto related, knowing this bring a little relieve because I thought this would not be allowed also.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:24:45 PM

Yes, twitter has banned cryptocurrencies and ICOs ads. And I think that a wise decision. The social media platforms have wide reach to people. So the fraudsters were using them to advertise their scam projects which caused huge losses to many people. The genuine startups, on the hand do not need such platforms for their marketing purposes, I guess.
newbie-hero

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:56:27 AM

If Twitter has really banned cryptocurrencies then it is one more blow on the prices. It is really difficult to grow quickly when many social media services are against you. We see it today. Situation will be solved of course, but need time.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:07:57 AM

If Twitter has really banned cryptocurrencies then it is one more blow on the prices. It is really difficult to grow quickly when many social media services are against you. We see it today. Situation will be solved of course, but need time.

they banned advertising of cryptocurrencies specifically ICOs which are scamming people and they did that a couple of weeks ago. in other words this news is already too old that you bumped, any effect that it may have had on the price has already been priced in.

also in the long run this may affect ICOs because they may find less people to scam in the future.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
gokusenpai0302

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 09:13:39 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

The prohibition will cover advertising of initial coin offerings (ICOs) - crowdfunding used to raise cash by creating new coins - as well as token sales, the San Francisco-based firm told Reuters on Monday.

The new policy, which will be rolled out over the next 30 days, will also ban ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services, unless they are public companies listed on certain major stock markets.

For Japan, these will be limited to crypto exchanges regulated by its national financial regulator, Twitter said.

We can't blame social networking sites by banning cryptocurrency especially the ads because many of their users or members are victimized by the scam. Cryptocurrencies are not the scam but those abusive people using crypto to scam other users are the problem.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
Gulayman

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:19:43 AM

We cannot blame the social media, because many of the scammers use it to scam people. They use it to abuse people. But still I thanks the social media because I still use it to tweet and post for my campaign  Cheesy
rockybar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:23:16 AM

some of my friends told me that they get banned in twitter posting or retweeted ICO with hashtags #crypto #cryptocurrency. but base on my experience rightnow in twetter if you dont put hashtag #cypto #cryptocurrency they will not banned your account. we will just be careful on our account when retweeting and posting some articles.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: