Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:37:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter banned advertising crypto currency  (Read 525 times)
Coincoin256

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:30:29 AM

Due to the scam coins, they may be right to be afraid of publishing such deceiving ads but anyway, this news (including google,facebook etc.) affects the prices badly more than it should. The ads are banned,so?  Are all the coins scam from now on?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:34:02 AM

Due to the scam coins, they may be right to be afraid of publishing such deceiving ads but anyway, this news (including google,facebook etc.) affects the prices badly more than it should. The ads are banned,so?  Are all the coins scam from now on?
For me, I don't think it would be a big problem if the twitter doesn't advertising cryptocurrency now. Yes, we are worried because there's a new loss for us. But we know that there are many social media accounts that can continue to advertising like the facebook and the youtube account. Also there are many user of it so i think it would be not a big problem
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:36:30 AM

If this is simply information then this topic has been debated many times over already. If this is a query and concern, then it absolutely does not matter, seeing that twitter has never let its users down, and nor have facebook and google. Have faith, and be happy they are looking out for you!
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:41:10 AM

Makes complete sense why they decided to do this. I feel that the bans by other social media websites like Facebook etc motivated them to take this step. Such bans will obviously affect the price in a small way. This is actually a good thing since the scammers and cheaters won't be able to advertise their coins in an easy manner anymore which would most likely demotivate them. This would help us differentiate between the legit and scam coins much more easily which is why I feel that this is a great step from their side. If you think about it, this move is helping the market in the long run.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sinthan

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:49:02 AM

It's no problem for the hunters they can keep posting about crypto..As we know today google and facebook banned paid crypto ads twitter also join that..But it has not give a big impact..I think many ICO will still needs bounty hunter for promoted their ICO because they can't paid crypto ads again..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Miles123

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:04:37 AM

That's sad for twitter users because they can earn money and can support their financial needs. It's good for everyone because they can lessen all the scams bounties here. Fake advertisements will be banned and doubtful projects will be gone.
Sarisang

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:09:46 AM

I still see ads crypto in some social media even twitter. I'm actually confused this policy so applied or not? If yes maybe there will be a separate course for impact value of crypto. However, the reason for the existence of this policy definitely has its own goals and purpose for the sake of safety and comfort.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:08:27 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

The prohibition will cover advertising of initial coin offerings (ICOs) - crowdfunding used to raise cash by creating new coins - as well as token sales, the San Francisco-based firm told Reuters on Monday.

The new policy, which will be rolled out over the next 30 days, will also ban ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services, unless they are public companies listed on certain major stock markets.

For Japan, these will be limited to crypto exchanges regulated by its national financial regulator, Twitter said.

The twitter want to get peoples heart by banning the ads to prevent more fraudulent for the sake of peoples.
but there are many ways to promote or advertise ICO, we don't 100% depends on social media.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Stimah23

Activity: 186
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:21:12 AM

It's high time we start listed our ICOs on official Regulatory authority, if this is done their won't be any issue of banned ads on FB and TW.
Anyways, this has not been officially stated, let's keep hoping for the best. 
nuggetbram

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:22:55 PM

Twitter is for promotion. If any coin want to launch its ICO then it can create separate community on twitter and it will start bounty program on twitter as well.
Docafid888

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:52:33 PM

I dont see any badnews from that, i mean crypto are for people who make researches before joining them, whether in trading or long term investment, advertisements are important but its not necessary i think, especially in crypto.
jcumins

Activity: 312

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:06:42 PM

Heard about it and I think it's bad because cryptocurrencies is the future that should be everywhere.Although it is useless and unprofitable projects is really annoying

pavelkor

Activity: 259
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:09:52 PM

They did the same like other IT giants, so noffing new, they can ban the advertise, but they cant ban the idea, i am curiuous, their business is based on the selling advertise, so they dont need it lol? Or the general reason we dont know really?
Maxpayne86

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:15:04 PM

They did the same like other IT giants, so noffing new, they can ban the advertise, but they cant ban the idea, i am curiuous, their business is based on the selling advertise, so they dont need it lol? Or the general reason we dont know really?
Yeah they did it, but they don't banning users who is participate into bounties and doing retweets for that, i think so it's not so bad.
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:16:46 PM

Be it twitter, facebook, or google, i don't think it will affect crypto industry in any way that will have consequences.

Good ICOs will still survive and who cares about the scammy ones.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
CryptoTrip

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:23:09 PM

This news doesn't surprise me in any way. And also I don't think that this will greatly affect the dissemination of information in the cryptocommunity. Well, facebook banned advertising and what? Nothing significant has happened, the same with Google. I don't worry about this.

sarahtarczon

Activity: 200

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:54:24 PM

LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

The prohibition will cover advertising of initial coin offerings (ICOs) - crowdfunding used to raise cash by creating new coins - as well as token sales, the San Francisco-based firm told Reuters on Monday.

The new policy, which will be rolled out over the next 30 days, will also ban ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services, unless they are public companies listed on certain major stock markets.

For Japan, these will be limited to crypto exchanges regulated by its national financial regulator, Twitter said.
i think this news has nothing strange anymore, google and facebook have already done that before, so it will be twitter one day. But i don't feel sorry but that may bring a good future for cryptocurrencies, now only good ICOs can be survive cand only best quality project can be chosen from investors, so yes banning cryptos can also be a good method for really good ICOs.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:54:51 PM

Be it twitter, facebook, or google, i don't think it will affect crypto industry in any way that will have consequences.

Good ICOs will still survive and who cares about the scammy ones.

By the way I've just seen ICO ads in google adwords. So maybe we should  less worry over every little thing?

Dimanman113

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:00:44 PM

The rules really got tougher on Twitter. I advertised several different ISO and blocked me without the possibility of recovery. And a lot of people who participate in the bounty also block, although this is not paid advertising.
marinomario

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:11:01 PM

very unfortunate if twitter prohibits crypto ads, but if there is no ban, maybe a lot of advertising revenue for twitter. but we can not avoid if twitter forbid it, maybe just because of the crypto ads, it interfere with the activity of twitter users. hopefully there is a way out for the world of crypto.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: