Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:59:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it good or bad for bitcoin users ??  (Read 503 times)
RAMSHIVDEEPAK (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:04:41 AM

Snowden Leak Suggests NSA Is Extensively Tracking Bitcoin Users :The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has been reportedly monitoring the bitcoin blockchain with an eye on identifying users on the distributed network.

Link for details news:https://www.coindesk.com/nsa-reportedly-eyes-to-scrap-bitcoins-anonymity/
royromales

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:15:22 AM

It is good that many bitcoins have been assisted especially to all the hard-to-use users and they are experiencing difficulty with bitcoin and many have developed a business with this bitcoin so it is good bitcoin

center]▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬[/center]
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:44:31 AM

Definitely not-so-good news. Loss of privacy is pretty much always never a good thing, especially when associated with the government. Bitcoin is in desperate need of privacy features.

I think I'm gonna grab a handful of Monero today.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:46:20 AM

Snowden Leak Suggests NSA Is Extensively Tracking Bitcoin Users :The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has been reportedly monitoring the bitcoin blockchain with an eye on identifying users on the distributed network.

Link for details news:https://www.coindesk.com/nsa-reportedly-eyes-to-scrap-bitcoins-anonymity/

I think it will be bad and will have a bad impact against cryptocurrencies since they are not anonymous anymore. I hope that everything will be okay.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:48:13 AM

There is a bitcoin mixer that can be use so that your Bitcoin will not be tracked. That news is just a FUD. Tracking a fully anonymous coin will never be happened because bitcoin is design to be anonymous. It's up the user if he will reveal his identity or not.

jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:55:44 AM

It depends on the purpose in my opinion. If they're using it as a way to track more hardened criminals then I'm all for it. If they're using it just to track everybody so they have greater information and transparency then that's a large invasion of privacy and peoples rights.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:05:15 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 10:09:07 PM by marcbitcoins

This is good because this is for the sake of the national security in which they are just doing their job to ensure the safety of the entire nation by monitoring the huge amount transactions of the identified and suspected bad users. As long as Bitcoin users are doing legal transactions with their Bitcoin then there is nothing to worry about the privacy and personal identities. This is no different with the banks and their clients in which they are also monitored of their cash flow and transactions just to ensure that money laundering will be prevented.
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:18:13 PM

I think it will be bad and will have a bad impact against cryptocurrencies since they are not anonymous anymore. I hope that everything will be okay.
It's all right, they just do not control bitcoins because it can cause bitcoins to crash and lose interest in the people they use. This is even better because it can also help the people

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:23:32 PM

All that one can track here over bitcoin is the adress where it comes from and where it goes. Thats the anonimity of bitcoin and the core feature i.e. decentralized and private to each individual.
Anyways, these trackings are to find out of any large transactions which can possibly be for some unruly or illegal activities.

Bitcoin have beem used extensively for illegal activities and the fraudulents misuse the anonimity of bitcoins for their own benefit. These trackings are for good cause only, because if you are legit and buy and sell bitcoins on you own without any wrong agenda, then tha government wont have a problem with you. You are actually a part of their revenue.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Bountyhunter01

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:33:50 PM

Bitcoin is good for me. becouse bitcoin change my life in my carrier.
Shenshen23

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:34:03 PM

If this could stop bitcoin to be used in illegal ways. why not! if this means that I have my security and my freedom why not. I really depends on how you will see our government would be acting. But for me, this is a good way to tighten our security especially this is a cryptocurrency.
Tisubasha

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:35:05 PM

As long as Bitcoin users conduct legal transactions with their Bitcoin then there is nothing to worry about privacy and personal identity. This is no different from their banks and clients where they also monitor their cash flows and transactions just to ensure that money laundering will be prevented.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:38:19 PM

It actually depends on the categories of people involved to decide whether its good news or bad news. I would add a third option which is the neutral position which I belong to and I am sure a lot of people would also fall in this category. I use bitcoin in which I have not break any known law that forbids it. For the exchange sites that I am interested in using that implements KYCs, I didn't forge any response neither have I engaged in any scam activities. Its on that basis I say the news is neither good or bad for me.

However, I cannot say the same for someone who sees bitcoin as a means to carry out their nefarious activities as they cannot be traced then this is surely bad news for them. Either any category we all belong to, it still does not change the position of NSA whether to go forward with it or not.
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:47:37 PM

Maybe they are tracking because they want to take control of Bitcoin transaction daily. It is unidentified to whom they are transferring and to whom they are receiving but they are recorded in the blockchain. Maybe NSA will come up with a solution in order to avoid scams.
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:10:19 PM

It actually depends on the categories of people involved to decide whether its good news or bad news. I would add a third option which is the neutral position which I belong to and I am sure a lot of people would also fall in this category. I use bitcoin in which I have not break any known law that forbids it. For the exchange sites that I am interested in using that implements KYCs, I didn't forge any response neither have I engaged in any scam activities. Its on that basis I say the news is neither good or bad for me.

However, I cannot say the same for someone who sees bitcoin as a means to carry out their nefarious activities as they cannot be traced then this is surely bad news for them. Either any category we all belong to, it still does not change the position of NSA whether to go forward with it or not.

I think this winds up being the case with a lot of things that reduce the level of privacy in bitcoin, there are those in the community who use bitcoin for things which fall on the wrong side of the law and for them their privacy is paramount, for others of us it is not the most important thing and we would like in many ways bitcoin to be less associated with such activities.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:43:46 PM

The US government is trying to control its citizens by using crypto currency under the pretext of combating terrorism and money laundering. This is in any case bad, because it is a violation of their rights to confidentiality. True, I recently read that there are significant improvements in bitcoin, among which it is planned to significantly improve its confidentiality.
catok broek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:51:19 PM

Tracking bitcoin users ? why should it be done by NSA ? I mean everyone can do that.
as long as you know someone's wallet address, you can know his saving of cryptos, know from whom he received, know to whom he sent. Blockchain system is transparent. and everyone must use their wallets publicly, traders or bounty hunters. no chance to hide it.
the unique is the anonymity of the wallet owners.

so, I think the news is nothing bad or good.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:58:11 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 06:31:03 PM by fanbeila

There is a bitcoin mixer that can be use so that your Bitcoin will not be tracked. That news is just a FUD. Tracking a fully anonymous coin will never be happened because bitcoin is design to be anonymous. It's up the user if he will reveal his identity or not.
Yes.If its highly impossible to fully tract users of bitcoin working in such a huge volume all over the world.T hey might try to track addresses having huge volume of transactions to trace tax evaders.Other than this what they could do is to force exchanges to strictly follow KYC.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
paras20

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:06:31 AM

It is good to use bitcoin because it really changes everything in your human beings your life style and so on
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:07:13 AM

When the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable. Yes, Bitcoin has a lot of users, but among the users, some may be using it to e execute some criminal acts. If this is the purpose for tracking down those users, then it is good, but if the purpose also goes with the innocent ones that also use Bitcoin, then it is not a good idea
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: