Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you mean by HODL?  (Read 1061 times)
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:19:00 PM

HODL just means that you should hold your fundamental good coins for  the long run. I recommend you guys to hold your great coin that have a future for long term. Sooner or later they will take off!
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:20:13 PM

It’s a trading lingo which just basically means to hold your coin. If some of you are not aware, there are actually some words or terms used in trading wherein traders have their own understanding; HODL could be referred to as “Hold on for Dear Life” and if abbreviated spelled out as HODL.
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:22:42 PM

I guess it start in a mistake to type hodl and unfortunatrly it uses by a lot of users. No other deep meaning hold is hodl. Spelling did change but nothing different.
Just guess

carrymentality

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:28:17 PM

Can anyone clarify what this term means? I was wondering if it should really be spelt as "HOLD" or the meaning of "HODL" is really crypto-related. I already tried searching threads that explain this but was unsuccessful. I was very curious since I began reading discussions in bitcointalk and I usually see this term but I just understand it to mean 'hold' which means don't sell yet your coins. Please correct my misunderstanding if any. Thanks for your time.

The term HODL can be translated to 'Hold on for Dear Life' and is the same as the term HOLDING with a more serious sense to it. In this market, it is the strategy to not do business either by way of trading away or selling away your coins, especially when their values are low or is not gaining. Instead, the better move is to just hold on to them until such time they regain their value back and get the value they lost.
GerardDurwin

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:31:00 PM

Can anyone clarify what this term means? I was wondering if it should really be spelt as "HOLD" or the meaning of "HODL" is really crypto-related. I already tried searching threads that explain this but was unsuccessful. I was very curious since I began reading discussions in bitcointalk and I usually see this term but I just understand it to mean 'hold' which means don't sell yet your coins. Please correct my misunderstanding if any. Thanks for your time.
Hold means you one coins hold they give us free coins without hardworking and they get free money.
dotts

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:31:17 PM

Not only you, me too was wondering before why they say HODL instead of HOLD. But now I understand, the meaning of HODL is Hold on for dear life. It means that they believe their coin will be profitable one day.
Babyboy423

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:31:36 PM

HODL is slang for “Hold On for Dear Life.” It means that the price fluctuations associated with the crypto are so great, but the expected return is also so great that you are going to want to ride through the downturns are take advantage of the price increases.
bundo

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:38:03 PM

At first I was also confused with the word '' HODL '', then after asking in one of the telegram group I get the answer. and this is actually just a change of writing only, do not know who started by changing '' HOLD '' to '' HODL ''
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:39:47 PM

HOLD is when at time of crisis like we are in now, you have to hold your horses, wait until the market goes up again and release the horses Smiley
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:41:44 PM

hold according to the knowledge that I know and what I read is holding the coin you have when the price goes down and you should not sell your coin sold at a very cheap price from when you buy it.
Agaton

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:49:45 PM

Hahaha... I thought all the words here inside the forum system must have a correct spelling, and misspelled words are not accepted, so why word hold is acceptable as hodl? Now I know that the word hodl is acceptable in the forum as long as in the cryptocurrency business also, because many times I was reading the word like that, and I don't know what's the real meaning of that  before, and when I seen the question I was trying to view and now I know.
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:50:57 PM

HODL is same as holding, for some technical purpose its been used within the forum in such a manner. Most of the users have such a confusion in this regard. In my belief it is not selling, it is all about holding for long term or short term expecting an added profit with reference to the growth.

Some idiot had a typo in "Hold" at some point and everyone jumped on the bandwagon LOL

It means to not sell

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Sarcasm

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:00:33 PM

HODL is same as holding, for some technical purpose its been used within the forum in such a manner. Most of the users have such a confusion in this regard. In my belief it is not selling, it is all about holding for long term or short term expecting an added profit with reference to the growth.

Some idiot had a typo in "Hold" at some point and everyone jumped on the bandwagon LOL

It means to not sell
Hodl with Hold! Making words that are almost identical to the word because it can give a different taste,
And this perception is more creative and effective. But for now it's better on to save ...
waiki

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:08:36 PM

As far as I know about HOLD is holding back, it means holding the coins we have for our sale later if the price is in accordance with what we want.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:11:51 PM

HODL is like a slang for Hold! This language is intended to emphasize the importance of holding your asset. Not selling your cryptocurrency until they become valuable and rise in price.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:20:09 PM

I explain about HODL.
Its the hard meaning of HOLD. That is you have some coin, you reserve/stock your coins in your personal wallet. Which you do not wants to sell within 6/12 months. That is HODL.
On other hand, you have some stock. After few days that is 1/2 months, you saw the market is up/you need money then you sold. That 1/2 months stock is HOLD.
I think its clear.

Be hardworker
steve321

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:24:53 PM

my personal "hold" is sell your coins in high price  to people  in bull marketand buy back cheap price . from people in bear market .
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:32:04 PM

The first time I saw this on a subject and reading what it entails I just use it has hold subsequently seeing this then I know that is definitely mean to hold and since then I have been referring to it has holding.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Welckomtome

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:37:56 PM

It's clear, we take the money and carry it to the stock exchange. There we buy the necessary tokens and keep them waiting for growth as the Christmas holiday.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:58:55 PM

It means "Hold On for Dear Life". It is been used by traders in fiat and also adopted when crypto trading starts. Other thinks that it was an invented word from crypto but the word is already existed before bitcoin came.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: