Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:40:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you mean by HODL?  (Read 1061 times)
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:19:29 PM

HODL has deeper meaning in the world of cryptography. It means more than just holding. It means deeper belief in bitcoin. I think it's stupid to keep HODL on altcoin.

To be honest, hodl is just a typo of the "hold" term, there is nothing special about it. Hodl means holding, we just adopted its slang term because it is kind a cool. And I disagree to your opinion that holding an altcoin is stupid, it is you who are stupid, HODLING every coins you have right now and selling it in the right time means profits in the next pump.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
marmeladko

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:35:10 PM

I mean that I bought some altcoins and will hold them in my portfolio for 6-12 months. Nothing can change my decision, even bad or excellent market conditions. After that perion of time I decide what to do the next.

Others understand "HOLD" as not to sell in panic when the market is going down.

LiquorBan

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:36:19 PM

HODL means Hold on Dear Life it means that you should hodl your coin if it is for a long term goal and it will give you more profits.
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:53:00 AM

When typing fast the letters “L” and “D” in  “hold” may be changed b mistake. This is now a new crypto-related word hodl appeared. So you were right with your assumptions.

Pulafripta

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:55:12 AM

Hodl=hold

If tou are taking an exam you should spell it hold. But if you are using it for personal assets you can spell it either way
StickySteeez

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:57:15 AM

To me, it means investing in a project, setting goals at a specific ROI in either ETH or USD, holding till the price meets the goal and then sell. Sometimes I set different price levels for different percentages to sell.

Create Your Decentralized Life │ ESSENTIA │ One seed. Limitless opportunities (https://essentia.one)
digitran

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:17:25 PM

HODL is derived from a misspelling of "hold"  which means buy-and-hold strategies in the context of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Its just Holding, simply not to sell your crypto currency and keep them for better pricing in future,
shvetseu

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:14:29 PM

HODL - is to keep, this word became popular after a mistake on some forum. Crypto community has picked up this word and is now using it. : Smiley
jack long

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:02:13 AM

HODL is also known as holding, it's just a term (form of register on the bitcointalk forum) mostly used on the forum.
Holding basically means keeping your coins for future, not to dump!  to sell at a good price.

According to what I know Hodl is a lot of people who say hodl hold that means holding back and that even hold the coins you have when altcoin prices go down because avoid the losses you have because the strategy of holding coins in the long term to benefit from rising prices is the way right
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:11:09 AM

Holding means to buy your coins and to not sell them for the period of time you want. I am holding for 2 years so this means I am not selling my coins

The best is yet to come!
paul heman

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:20:05 AM

Can anyone clarify what this term means? I was wondering if it should really be spelt as "HOLD" or the meaning of "HODL" is really crypto-related. I already tried searching threads that explain this but was unsuccessful. I was very curious since I began reading discussions in bitcointalk and I usually see this term but I just understand it to mean 'hold' which means don't sell yet your coins. Please correct my misunderstanding if any. Thanks for your time.
I mean that holding is a condition in which a person does not want to get misbehaved by letting go of what they have. as withholding a coin, holding a coin is very appropriate when the market undergoes a hoarding. because if we sell it the market will go down and bigger losses.
Ilana003

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:17:40 PM

HODL debut took place in 2013 at bitcointalk. Post name GameKyuubi opened the thread "I AM HODLING".
It seems that the author got drunk and wanted to share what he was holding his BTC despite the serious drop that just happened. Since then, this error has become very popular in the world of bitcoins and cryptocurrencies. Whenever a person says that he is walking (hodling), this means that he believes the coin will be beneficial later, if not today. So, " HODL "was originally a typo, which earned the status of humorous backronym:" HODL", Hold on for dear life — "hold on from the last forces."
Kayla noil

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:20:17 AM

HODL means " hold on for dear life". It means that you believe your coin will be profitable one day, if not today. Actually, I don't have too much of time, so I usually choose some potential coins ( maybe 2 -3 ) and hold for long-term.
Jessicamass

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:38:44 AM

HODL is hold, if someone said this word, which means they are talking about holding coins. Maybe when a significant fluctuation occurs or when you lack of time, you should insist on potential coins and forward your rules.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:19:22 AM

HODLING originated way back 2013 as a meme in one bitcoin forum messages. It is also a backronym for "hold on for dear life" which means even if tge prices are plunging hold on to you investments since there will be a time where the market will come back again. This is true most of the time you will lose everything once you sell your coin or tokens.
donadoni212

Activity: 456

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:25:52 AM

in this forum the word "HOLD" is more popular with the meaning of "holding", holding a coin with the purpose and belief that the coins will be appreciated higher in the future. and in a bloody market condition you still think that the coin you hold will be profitable and not think to sell it.

acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:21:58 PM

Can anyone clarify what this term means? I was wondering if it should really be spelt as "HOLD" or the meaning of "HODL" is really crypto-related. I already tried searching threads that explain this but was unsuccessful. I was very curious since I began reading discussions in bitcointalk and I usually see this term but I just understand it to mean 'hold' which means don't sell yet your coins. Please correct my misunderstanding if any. Thanks for your time.

HOLD is a term of traders and investors which means to HOLD and have patience. It is something that we must all have as we do trading which is to hold patiently as long as the market is bloody or as long as the value of our holdings is low. Hold on dear life as what others say, it is really a term used by hopeful traders to earn better and to have a positive outlook while earning.

bhobafett

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:45:00 PM

HODL means HOLD. Actually it came from mistaken typing of word of a very good trader way back 4 years ago if I'm not mistaken. He told the traders to hold their investments because the up trend is coming but instead of typing the word HOLD, he mistype it as HODL. So since then, HODL word is often use during bullish period.

Accumulate Bitcoin. The bottom is in or near it.
21millionsbtc

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:03:50 PM

Hodl means Hold some one accidently  typed HODL in reddit then every one accepted it as Hodl from then crypto community where saying Hodl Hodl for every coin
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:09:13 PM

I believe it was originally a typo of HOLD and it just caught on in the cryptocurrency world.  I forget who typed it but it was someone from this forum.  It just means to be patient and hold onto your cryptocurrencies until the market recovers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: