Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:19:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sgminer: Baikal Giant X10 / N / B - Open Source - Confirmed OC Giant B!  (Read 38374 times)
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:32:29 PM

Do we think Giant N will eventually get new CN algos?

No. If they did - Baikal would never have their 5 for 1 offer.

did your github oc image still work for BKB ?

I try installing BFGminer as someone pointed out it might work so I take the easiest way but all update or installing become a fail process ''Killedg package lists... 99%/20%''

So I wonder if baikal setup some auto delete stuff or thing like that,im worried even your image might not work for me. just want to know before start trying if its something 'serious' or not( I see possible hardware issue on some forum)
thanks

There is no auto-deletion. About the error look at README.md for compilation errors. BFGminer need correct driver for your baikal device, otherwise it will not work.

Wow thanks for fast answer ! I will try this asap !
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:42:53 PM

''cd sgminer-baikal''

Where do I find this folder ? Can't found the path

thanks alot
xxALEXANDRxx

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:55:07 PM

''cd sgminer-baikal''

thanks alot

This folder will be created after git clone. All you need just follow {How to install and compile?}
cod3gen (OP)

Activity: 311
Merit: 69

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:21:47 PM

''cd sgminer-baikal''

thanks alot

As xxALEXANDRxx says, follow the instructions.

Sure, BFGMiner will work, but you will need to create a new set of USB drivers/library to communicate with baikal asic. Obviosly - BFGMiner will not be an easy way.

"cd sgminer-baikal" means that you will open folder named "sgminer-baikal", which is there as long as you have cloned git repository sucessfully. Just a tip: If you`re not sure of what you are doing, i suggest that you do a little research before you mess up your machine, and don`t know how to get it back :-)

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:02:41 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 02:06:24 AM by etoque

''cd sgminer-baikal''

thanks alot

As xxALEXANDRxx says, follow the instructions.

Sure, BFGMiner will work, but you will need to create a new set of USB drivers/library to communicate with baikal asic. Obviosly - BFGMiner will not be an easy way.

"cd sgminer-baikal" means that you will open folder named "sgminer-baikal", which is there as long as you have cloned git repository sucessfully. Just a tip: If you`re not sure of what you are doing, i suggest that you do a little research before you mess up your machine, and don`t know how to get it back :-)

Alright so everything when well.

except one thing,it show 480mhz when I put 415 mhz,did you know why? I've read entire thread again and I see 1-2 ppl asking for same thing and nobody seems able to answer to their question about this exact situation.it is predetermined overclock or something else ? it seems strange to me,temperature is the same with +80mhz

thanks
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:01:06 AM

I flash 2 machine I'll try to compare Utility work over 12-24h see if there's difference with my other non-flash baikal

after 2-3 hours at least WU is around 6 while my other miner are more 5.5-5.6. For now share seems more consistent after flashing,will see later.
cod3gen (OP)

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 04:19:49 AM

There are some changes needed in sgminer code in order to allow for changing frequency, so for now its preset to 480 mhz, which gives a slight OC.

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:21:07 AM

There are some changes needed in sgminer code in order to allow for changing frequency, so for now its preset to 480 mhz, which gives a slight OC.

hello,

temperature still suggest that overclock didn't apply now utility is around 5.2 to 5.7 for (3) flashed machine vs (+10) 5.5 look like it might stabilize more with time. supernova suck at verifying stats,this site is bad as 2014 lol

etoque
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:34:48 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 04:57:11 PM by etoque

utility falls to 5.5 too,with temperature same I don't think there's any overclocking really apply on it.

Whats if baikal just told us truth and its really not possible overclock those miner ?

Can't believe 20% rise to clock can't get up the temperature even 1% greater,they are literally same.impossible any overclockk have apply,physic say it must be hotter lol.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:59:58 PM

utility falls to 5.5 too,with temperature same I don't think there's any overclocking really apply on it.

Whats if baikal just told us truth and its really not possible overclock those miner ?

Can't believe 20% rise to clock can't get up the temperature even 1% greater,they are literally same.impossible any overclockk have apply,physic say it must be hotter lol.

I believe there is no pool paying according heat radiated from miners, so what is pool saying about hashrate?

xxALEXANDRxx

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:07:30 PM

Can you show the start page of your baikal?
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:09:03 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 06:25:49 PM by etoque

^

I think pool show good information from baikal sgminer. but its hard to tell if I really got an gain in reward since reward itself move so much day to day.

some point out that sgminer and pool tiself might show correct value but physically its not overclock at all it seems

physic and science tell rise in clock result of gain in caloric heat that I don't have actually. 20% rise should definitively be visible.

So at this point overclocking on giant B is false imo
cod3gen (OP)

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 06:29:23 PM

I believe there is no pool paying according heat radiated from miners, so what is pool saying about hashrate?

:-D

^

I think pool show good information from baikal sgminer. but its hard to tell if I really got an gain in reward since reward itself move so much day to day.

some point out that sgminer and pool tiself might show correct value but physically its not overclock at all it seems

physic and science tell rise in clock result of gain in caloric heat that I don't have actually. 20% rise should definitively be visible.

Don`t think so much about wattage and temp, the fact is that if you`re seeing higher hashrate on pool side, then your Giant B is overclocked!

etoque
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:36:39 PM

:-D

^

Don`t think so much about wattage and temp, the fact is that if you`re seeing higher hashrate on pool side, then your Giant B is overclocked!

what if poolside take good information from sgminer baikal ? share rate move alot intra day or day to day due to nicehash miner movement and luck.

I find it wrong that 20% gain in clock cannot result of any increase in heat,strongly suggest that overclock didn't apply physically but only on software part
xxALEXANDRxx

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:34:39 PM

Just config 2 miner (or and reconf) to mine 1 coin on same pool to different wallets. After 24 hours compare the income indicators.
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:45:56 PM

Just config 2 miner (or and reconf) to mine 1 coin on same pool to different wallets. After 24 hours compare the income indicators.

good idea i'll try it later
cod3gen (OP)

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 04:21:34 AM

what if poolside take good information from sgminer baikal ? share rate move alot intra day or day to day due to nicehash miner movement and luck.

I find it wrong that 20% gain in clock cannot result of any increase in heat,strongly suggest that overclock didn't apply physically but only on software part

Pools dont take that information from your miner and miner does not send such information towards pools, they calculate that them selfs :-)

goga5

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:19:35 PM

Someone and dismantled the "baikal D"? could you post a photo, firmware and program?
Olimarkhausen

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:39:47 AM

Baikal Giant D? You mean that Giant B?
cod3gen (OP)

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 09:26:10 AM

Baikal Giant D? You mean that Giant B?
Giant D, is a new shit machine from Baikal.. Tongue

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: