Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:12:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Human's immortality  (Read 558 times)
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:30:43 AM

But what if the right technology was developed to cater to this human fragility that you mentioned? I mean, that’s part of the reason why tech is invented in the first place, right? To enhance and simply our lives. To compensate for our flaws and weaknesses. I think with the right kind of technology, humans can be capable of achieving immortality.
ArcticCrawler

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:57:18 AM

There are so many things that were just theories in that we thought we could not attain, and now here we are,curing diseases, flying in the skies, now I hear there is a cure for cancer and AIDS. That which has been proven difficult to attain, humans have in times without numbers has beaten all odds.
So would not be surprise to hear that 100% human immortality is possible. By the curing of disease is kind of prolonging human  life which I can term as partial human immortality.
Although it will take decades to attain this, but once this is discovered, it will be very expensive for many.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:13:52 AM

To live an immortal life would be a blessing, however, I think that this will be expensive and only the wealthy people can afford this. Of course, time may come when said technology will become readily available and affordable for anyone, just like any technology, but for the first few years of its released, it will be highly expensive. Plus, some people in power might abuse it and declare themselves as gods, which will not be good for us all.
Wizardbizari

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:51:46 AM

I think that if a serious extension of life becomes a reality, it will be very expensive. Otherwise, it is necessary to limit the birth rate, or even forbid people to have children.

Not necessarily. If humans can become truly immortal, we could explore the entire galaxy and believe me, we have plenty of planets there to live and spread, we wouldn't need to stop having children at all.

This looks like a better idea than limiting the birth rate. Besides, I know people keep working on it and it's just a matter of time when we are able to leave the planet and start living somewhere out there on another planet.
Evan_Smith

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:21:44 PM

There are so many things that were just theories in that we thought we could not attain, and now here we are,curing diseases, flying in the skies, now I hear there is a cure for cancer and AIDS. That which has been proven difficult to attain, humans have in times without numbers has beaten all odds.
So would not be surprise to hear that 100% human immortality is possible. By the curing of disease is kind of prolonging human  life which I can term as partial human immortality.
Although it will take decades to attain this, but once this is discovered, it will be very expensive for many.
I guess I wrongly imagine that human immortality means that all humans with live forever. I suppose that for human immortality to be a reality, it would just take one person to live forever. I still don't think it's very likely any time soon. On one hand, people are resilient, but on the other hand we are quite fragile. People die just from tripping on the sidewalk and hitting their head. People will always die. I think that we'll continue to keep living longer, on average, but we'll still be dying.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: