Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:06:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Creation  (Read 79 times)
braindeadgenius (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:01:16 PM

I know there are a handful of tools out there to design and craft games to your desire. However, I am not a game developer (though I have an understanding of a handful of languages), but more importantly, I am not a designer. There are a handful of games I used to play on a platform which has basically been dead for the past 4-6 years. However, there were some games that were fun that I think, if developed correctly and marketed, could serve as a good source of income / fun.

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with such an adventure, or knew of how it could be marketed properly to top tiered gaming companies (with a bonus of being able to assist if possible).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alanin

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:06:27 AM

I know there are a handful of tools out there to design and craft games to your desire. However, I am not a game developer (though I have an understanding of a handful of languages), but more importantly, I am not a designer. There are a handful of games I used to play on a platform which has basically been dead for the past 4-6 years. However, there were some games that were fun that I think, if developed correctly and marketed, could serve as a good source of income / fun.

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with such an adventure, or knew of how it could be marketed properly to top tiered gaming companies (with a bonus of being able to assist if possible).

If you want to start developing games. And if you already know C#. Then Unity engine is a good tool to create alot of stuff.
Start small, by making an easy and simple desktop version. From there, once you feel comfy, its about expanding your concept.

I was once told that. Making a great game with good mechanics and nice looking diverse graphics. is 10% developing, 80% graphic design and 10% hiring for small codings, you dont know how to yourself.  So design and getting graphics is what takes up the most time. (of course this depends on the concept of the game, if it includes a story mode or not)

BTW: all i ever made was some shitty @ss mobile device game-apps with bad graphics. So dont expect me to know a whole lot.  Im just trying to help out as good as i can.
Im more into IoT/microcontrollers myself.
braindeadgenius (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:45:49 AM

If you want to start developing games. And if you already know C#. Then Unity engine is a good tool to create alot of stuff.
Start small, by making an easy and simple desktop version. From there, once you feel comfy, its about expanding your concept.

I was once told that. Making a great game with good mechanics and nice looking diverse graphics. is 10% developing, 80% graphic design and 10% hiring for small codings, you dont know how to yourself.  So design and getting graphics is what takes up the most time. (of course this depends on the concept of the game, if it includes a story mode or not)

BTW: all i ever made was some shitty @ss mobile device game-apps with bad graphics. So dont expect me to know a whole lot.  Im just trying to help out as good as i can.
Im more into IoT/microcontrollers myself.

Yeah, grahpics / design is where I'm terrible at. I've done C# before, but not in years. But, I've done other OOP languages as well and it really wouldn't be that difficult. I would definitely need someone well versed in design in order to do it. And realistically, one of the games shouldn't be that hard at all coding wise. The other one shouldn't be that bad either. I guess this would be more for looking to other forums to find help with this. I wasn't sure if anyone had ideas on being able to work with a gaming company to develop it; like, work alongside a development team or something.
ridwan rizaldo

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:12:57 AM

if it's about game creation then i never, but i am a gamers not a game creator Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: