Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:55:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google 'Floating Structures'. Anyone wants to bet what those are?  (Read 3420 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:02:24 PM

There is an opportunity to win or lose some bitcoins. Google employees and people working on those barges should not participate  Cheesy

What is Google building on Treasure Island?
http://youtu.be/RHz6WrjuCGQ

Google 'Floating Structures' on Both Coasts
http://youtu.be/k5Gquqb-iQE

People who live and work on California s Treasure Island thought a barge and four stories of cargo containers had something to do with the America s Cup, but as Allen Martin reports, the top-secret floating structure actually belongs to Google. People who live and work on California s Treasure Island thought a barge and four stories of cargo containers had something to do with the America s Cup, but as Allen Martin reports, the top-secret floating structure actually belongs to Google. People who live and work on California s Treasure Island thought a barge and four stories of cargo containers had something to do with the America s Cup, but as Allen Martin reports, the top-secret floating structure actually belongs to Google.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:51:17 PM

I could think of a number of hypothesis off hand.

One is just that from a thermodynamics point of view there could be some utility in having data processing facilities floating in a heat sink.

Another would be that Google themselves feels some benefit in having the potential to operate with some flexibility in terms of jurisdiction and physical security.

Another is that they have so much money they just don't know what to do with it.

Another is basically what the author of this vid proposes.

One way or another, it would be an interesting thing to watch if there is anything to it at all.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 07:53:02 PM

That's where Google stores their pallets of cash  Grin
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:39:49 AM

That's where Google stores their pallets of cash  Grin

Giant bitcoin miners water cooled by the ocean.
renaxi

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:12:01 AM

Might be for some top secret project, or a database backup.

rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:43:15 PM

free energy

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:06:33 PM

free energy

You mean they figured out how to gather hydrogen isotopes from the seawater and fuse them?

...cuz wave action or windmills are not going to do much.  I mean if they have electronics equipment much beyond a bed-time reading light aboard that is.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:37:23 PM

free energy

Free energy will make you a Google slave and you'll be happy about it if that ever happen.  Grin
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:41:36 PM

The bay is a natural air conditioner for the whole region.   Metal boxes on the bay get cold.   Metal boxes full of servers that pump cold bay water through piping is one cheap way of cooling.
Why shouldn't the government give google access to whatever space/resource they want, they pay a lot of taxes.   ooops.  they pay almost no taxes... so of course they are entitled.

rampalija

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 11:39:06 PM

you like it or not google is internet and it is everywhere around us and google is future

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:04:26 AM

you like it or not google is internet and it is everywhere around us and google is future

I don't like it. I am a google user. One google share is a thousand bux. They have cool tools. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away I remember them branding their moto ''Do No Evil'' all the time. ''Do No Evil... And nothing bad will happen to you'' would be more accurate.
rampalija

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:05:55 AM

i didnt say i like it, but more and more users use android based phones and google see everithing even if you location is turned off

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 03:17:48 AM

Perhaps it is a trial run of a Project Blueseed type of setup where they plan to test it out in calm waters before moving 12 nautical miles off shore to avoid most US laws.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 05:26:03 AM

Metal crates = seaworthy cardboard box alternatives for homeless pirates
Dan Dascalescu

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 11:52:43 AM

Perhaps it is a trial run of a Project Blueseed type of setup where they plan to test it out in calm waters before moving 12 nautical miles off shore to avoid most US laws.

I would like to state on behalf of Blueseed that, despite some rumors, we are not affiliated with or supported by Google, and do not know for certain what the purpose of their four barges is.

However, I've compiled all the information I could find about the barges into this Wikipedia article, which anyone with sourceable information is invited to contribute to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_barges

rampalija

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:23:41 PM

maybe they are minning BTC in thoose structures Cheesy hahaha

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 05:28:58 PM

I would like to state on behalf of Blueseed that, despite some rumors, we are not affiliated with or supported by Google, and do not know for certain what the purpose of their four barges is.

However, I've compiled all the information I could find about the barges into this Wikipedia article, which anyone with sourceable information is invited to contribute to:

Those structures are truly gigantic! Thanks for the Wiki!
rampalija

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:19:52 PM

thx to wiki any ou man, this is interesting theme

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:43:30 PM

After musing about the latest Snowden release...and getting some lol's out of it...

It would be interesting to know how the NSA would interpret the jurisdictional considerations of GFEs floating either in the San Francisco Bay or 12 miles off-shore.  I'm sure it would be a state secret so asking them directly would not be very productive, but interesting ans seemingly reliable information about this stuff seems to be getting out anyway.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:26:47 PM

After musing about the latest Snowden release...and getting some lol's out of it...

It would be interesting to know how the NSA would interpret the jurisdictional considerations of GFEs floating either in the San Francisco Bay or 12 miles off-shore.  I'm sure it would be a state secret so asking them directly would not be very productive, but interesting ans seemingly reliable information about this stuff seems to be getting out anyway.

NSA doesn't care about laws or jurisdictions.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: