Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:14:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderation on the Forum  (Read 120 times)
JAA37 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:46:28 AM

Listen this will probably get deleted, but i will give it a shot. I have been in crypto for years, but i suffer from social anxiety and despise any type of social media. Although its not in person even having a facebook page for example creeps me out. I have thereby not ever had any incentive to become involved in forums either. I recently wanted to be involved in the deeponion community and their airdrops, so i made a an account on here and there forum as well. I also created my first reddit profile. Now, the censorship on here as well as the others is outrageous to me. It goes against the ethos of free speech, is inherently totalitarian in its nature, and brings force the inner arrogance of some people wishing to feel superior to others. I feel as if I am stuck in an absurd catch-22. I cant post because i don't have enough history. I do not have history because i have not posted. Or i am just not deemed worth enough in my prose or content grace the forum. I can not even enter airdrop it looks like until i am of a certain level. I literally replied awesome after someone answered my question on here and it was deleted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:59:45 AM

You might want to start with reading these stickied theads:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

There is a certain period you have to wait after posting before you can post again. Your reply that you mention was most likely removed because it was considered low value. Look at the amount of ICO pumpers and other spam and tell me again how censorship is an issue here! Just be patient, you will rank up with time and all these restrictions will become less and less annoying.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 09:02:49 AM

Listen this will probably get deleted, but i will give it a shot. I have been in crypto for years, but i suffer from social anxiety and despise any type of social media. Although its not in person even having a facebook page for example creeps me out. I have thereby not ever had any incentive to become involved in forums either. I recently wanted to be involved in the deeponion community and their airdrops, so i made a an account on here and there forum as well. I also created my first reddit profile. Now, the censorship on here as well as the others is outrageous to me. It goes against the ethos of free speech, is inherently totalitarian in its nature, and brings force the inner arrogance of some people wishing to feel superior to others. I feel as if I am stuck in an absurd catch-22. I cant post because i don't have enough history. I do not have history because i have not posted. Or i am just not deemed worth enough in my prose or content grace the forum. I can not even enter airdrop it looks like until i am of a certain level. I literally replied awesome after someone answered my question on here and it was deleted.

Read the rules and try to provide value - the forum has issues with enormous amounts of spam from 3rd world posters, if your English is good and you can contribute to the forum then you will have no issues rising through the ranks. Although if you try to game the system by posting one word replies and spamming to get activity then you are shit out of luck fella

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:02:59 AM

If you don't like it here, you're always welcome to start your own forum Smiley
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 09:05:00 AM

There is no censorship here. Posts are deleted because they broke the rules, that usually due to being off-topic or just having no value. Posts are never deleted because the content is disagreeable to others.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:07:20 AM

the censorship on here as well as the others is outrageous to me. It goes against the ethos of free speech, is inherently totalitarian in its nature

Yes, private ownership is inherently totalitarian. There is no free speech on private property.

I feel as if I am stuck in an absurd catch-22. I cant post because i don't have enough history. I do not have history because i have not posted.

Hang in there. Others have managed to rise through the ranks, obtaining additional privileges; you will as well, if you contribute constructively.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:14:36 AM

I can not even enter airdrop it looks like until i am of a certain level. I literally replied awesome after someone answered my question on here and it was deleted.
This rule is not set by the forum.Forum has nothing to do with additional rules introduced by the 3rd party services.

There is no censorship here. Posts are deleted because they broke the rules, that usually due to being off-topic or just having no value.
I disagree with you.It is not direct censorship but adds restrictions to express one's opinion.The post might be of no value to you or the mods but that doesn't make it completely invaluable.Having said that,this is a private forum and users must comply with the rules while using the service so deleting posts which are against the rules is totally okay.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 09:19:42 AM

There is no censorship here. Posts are deleted because they broke the rules, that usually due to being off-topic or just having no value.
I disagree with you.It is not direct censorship but adds restrictions to express one's opinion.The post might be of no value to you or the mods but that doesn't make it completely invaluable.Having said that,this is a private forum and users must comply with the rules while using the service so deleting posts which are against the rules is totally okay.

Can you give me an example that fits this definition?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship
Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or "inconvenient" as determined by government authorities or by community consensus.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: