Bitcoin Forum
October 24, 2017, 09:40:53 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got back my faith in Blockchain.info  (Read 5793 times)
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 980

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:52:40 PM

Well... that's ...weird. I think every new address makes wallet to sync with server. It is possible something is broken. I just tried but on android and works as usual.

I know, that's what happened yesterday, but I don't know what the problem could be.

My blockchain wallet works fine just made 3 addresses I have access to them both online desktop and my iphone.

Did you made 3 using your iPhone?
Is you iPhone connected to your laptop using the cable?

I now get the message on addresses on my iPhone:

No Addresses

Your account is probably not paired
correctly. Click the button in the top
left of the screen and follow the
instructions on the screen.

I'll post pictures of this later.

You now understand what happened and that I'm not a so called 'noob' or 'newbie'?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 11:55:52 PM

My blockchain wallet works fine just made 3 addresses I have access to them both online desktop and my iphone.

Did you made 3 using your iPhone?
Is you iPhone connected to your laptop using the cable?

You now understand what happened and that I'm not a so called 'noob' or 'newbie'?

I made 3 new address by hitting the new address, no it wasn't connected to my laptop at all. I don't see what is the problem is, I think your using two different wallet ids.

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 12:00:57 AM

I made 3 new address by hitting the new address, no it wasn't connected to my laptop at all. I don't see what is the problem is, I think your using two different wallet ids.

I don't know what the problem is either...
Try if you're connected to your laptop, I remember when it fucked up I had my iPhone connected to my laptop too.
How could I use two different wallet ID's? They are the same...
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 06:02:30 AM

OP, how about you open your browser in your computer and access your blockchain.info wallet? starting to lose my faith too.

► How to sneak in ICO, even if you're not allowed to Read More
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 08:45:08 AM

OP, how about you open your browser in your computer and access your blockchain.info wallet? starting to lose my faith too.

Well, yes, that's impossible, it says my password is wrong after I created a new address on my wallet using the iPhone app...
Frustrating as hell, I can't even get to my wallet using my iPhone app now...
piuk

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 01:06:04 PM

Import the backup Mandrik gave you into https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet and make sure you can login to the new wallet through your web browser. Note down the new wallet identifier on paper. Now the iphone app will need pairing with the new wallet. Tap the logout button in the top left -> Click Pair Device -> Scan the QR code as instructed from the wallet you just logged in to.

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:20:58 PM

Import the backup Mandrik gave you into https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet and make sure you can login to the new wallet through your web browser. Note down the new wallet identifier on paper. Now the iphone app will need pairing with the new wallet. Tap the logout button in the top left -> Click Pair Device -> Scan the QR code as instructed from the wallet you just logged in to.

I've done that already yesterday with Mandrik.
But my address with the BTC0.58051 on it isn't in that back-up so it's pointless.
Also, as soon as I make a new address on my iPhone my desktop account isn't synchronised with my iPhone anymore and my password will be wrong.
piuk

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 02:43:03 PM

Congratulations, you have discovered an obscure bug in the iphone app!

The issue is you have added a transaction note which contains a newline character. When the wallet is saved this is not properly escaped causing the json produced to be invalid. The iPhone app has not been updated since the notes feature was added so this was never tested.

Using the wallet details provided on zendesk I have restored the missing address (0.5 BTC) and deleted the offending note + added a 0.1 BTC bug bounty. So you should now be able to login again through the web interface and iphone app again.

The bug will be fixed next update.

EuroTrash

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:48:25 PM

OP, I suppose it's time to change the subject into "I RESTORED my faith in Blockchain.info"  Cheesy

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
keatonatron

Activity: 322

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:51:30 PM

OP, I suppose it's time to change the subject into "I RESTORED my faith in Blockchain.info"  Cheesy

I always love a happy ending.

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:14:59 PM

Congratulations, you have discovered an obscure bug in the iphone app!

The issue is you have added a transaction note which contains a newline character. When the wallet is saved this is not properly escaped causing the json produced to be invalid. The iPhone app has not been updated since the notes feature was added so this was never tested.

Using the wallet details provided on zendesk I have restored the missing address (0.5 BTC) and deleted the offending note + added a 0.1 BTC bug bounty. So you should now be able to login again through the web interface and iphone app again.

The bug will be fixed next update.

I can confirm that I have received the bounty and my missing bitcoins.
Thank you for your time in investigating this problem.

Does this means my name will get somewhere in the credits or in an article you'll write about this error?
If so, that would be amazingly awesome!

OP, I suppose it's time to change the subject into "I RESTORED my faith in Blockchain.info"  Cheesy

I always love a happy ending.

Indeed, I will change the topic name :p
And I guess this is indeed a happy ending.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 2296

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:51:07 PM

I would like to thank the OP for taking the time to explore this issue on a public forum.

Likewise, the dev team for participating, eventually identifying and solving the problem, and providing enough detail to be both interesting and helpful.

Likewise all of the participants who weighed in with comments.

This type of interaction is highly appreciated by at least one person who is a customer and feels a need to monitor the evolution of the solution in order to decide how best to adjust and protect the assets I have at risk under it.

nthoangga

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:25:17 PM

Reading through the thread and other related threads I got the moral of the story is do not use the iphone app yet?

[ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
FacebookSlackTwitter ‣ GithubMediumANN Thread
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.